Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times

Advertisements

Hire a PI or call the show "cheaters". Do your own tailing with a long lens camera and collect ammo for the divorce ! Sorry but the truth is gonna hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 10:14 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
I'm female, and married, and at my previous job I became very good friends with a male co-worker who was also married. We'd sometimes get lunch together, and talk about "not so kosher" things at times (personal, sometimes sexual things). Anyhow, there was absolutely no attraction from me to him, and I don't *think* he was too interested either. Honestly, I think he may have found me attractive, but I never felt like he was coming on to me. My husband totally knew I had this friend and there was never any prodding or worries on his part. I've always "meshed" better with men than women, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

That's called a "work spouse" which is when someone does like you described. Sometimes they turn sexual, sometimes they don't. Either way it's a harm to the actual relationship with your respective spouses because you're getting something from someone outside the relationship which you should be getting from your SO, whether that's companionship, validation, or whatever, it doesn't really matter. It's a low-grade version of emotional cheating.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:30 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
The general conscious so far is that my wife and her friend Larry are either having a secret sexual affair (or will soon) because there is a conversational chemistry and closeness between them and they are of a different sex. And I and Larry's spouse are in denial.

I showed the postings to my wife and she laughed but could understand the concern because of all the stories in the news about extramarital affairs. (like Tiger Woods). But her and Larry will continue to be very close friends regardless.
Hi Stranded and Lonely,

Yeah you are pretty much screwed. All you need to do now is have a fight. She will cry on his shoulder. How sweet. It will wind up being your fault one way or another if it happens. It may not happen, but take a 10 people in this situation, and its just nature. I'd just get a few friends myself and probably flirt with the hot waitress. That will at least give you some self respect and let her know what might happen during that next fight.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:39 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Stranded and Lonely,

Yeah you are pretty much screwed. All you need to do now is have a fight. She will cry on his shoulder. How sweet. It will wind up being your fault one way or another if it happens. It may not happen, but take a 10 people in this situation, and its just nature. I'd just get a few friends myself and probably flirt with the hot waitress. That will at least give you some self respect and let her know what might happen during that next fight.
Whatever you do, do not "flirt with the hot waitress" I haven't read what's going on, but seriously there is nothing more pathetic than a guy flirting with a woman who works for tips to gain self esteem. The waitress doesn't like it, she doesn't like you, and she is milking your desperation for a big tip.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:13 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Yeah, I think it is odd for a ur wife's best friend to be a man. I think it is normal for any spouse to be uncomfortable with their mate having a best friend of the opposite sex. The lines between male and female relationship often are crossed. Hopefully everything will work out and there is no need to worry, but...

Old 12-24-2009, 09:24 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
Oh not at all, my first wife had male friends, finally she found one she liked more than me, then she left. It almost killed me, but was absolutely the best thing to happen in my entire life........

Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
The general conscious so far is that my wife and her friend Larry are either having a secret sexual affair (or will soon) because there is a conversational chemistry and closeness between them and they are of a different sex. And I and Larry's spouse are in denial.

I showed the postings to my wife and she laughed but could understand the concern because of all the stories in the news about extramarital affairs. (like Tiger Woods). But her and Larry will continue to be very close friends regardless.
No offense but you are a sucker with a capital S and women like your spouse love to take advantage of people like you. I can almost picture you in your cute maid uniform cooking dinner for her and Larry. Pathetic!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:51 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Depends on when they are emailing and talking. I had male coworkers I talked to a lot, at work, and emailed a lot, at work. It didn't cross the line into home.

If you are willing to go out as couples, keep it that way. Otherwise, tell her to ditch her friend. It's only a matter of time before she needs a shoulder to cry on over something and the way women are wired this could spell trouble.
Sometime the going out with the spouses is a cover up for what they are doing. I have heard about this before. Be friends with the wife or husband so we can see each other more and through it all they are having a physical relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships