Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
Times were also different 50 years ago :-p My grandparents have been together for over 60 years, my parents together for over 30 years and neither couple has a prenup. In those times, maintaining yourself didn't have to be put down in writing, it was already expected. It's only been in recent years that the obesity epidemic has ballooned to the ginormous proportions that's causing issues today.
Did you grandmother and mother work full time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,060 times
ok, fair enough swan lake, you and i disagree, neither of us are going to change our minds.

so, lets say you meet your "angelina jolie", and she blows your mind.

you decide "she's the one", and break your promise to yourself not to marry.

you sign your prenups, happy about the stipulations about weight, size, hair, money.

fair enough.

god forbid, 5 years down the line, there's a terrible accident, maybe she has her legs amputated, or something.

is that fair grounds to say " oh, i'm sorry hon, two less legs is counted as unattractive" ?

say she gets cancer, and has to have her perfect breasts removed. will you be on the next train ? you can't be attracted to her because she's imperfect ?

although i'd never have one, i understand the point of a prenup to protect assets, to deter golddiggers etc, however, i definitely don't think it's right to have a prenup which basically insists that the wife retain "trophy" status.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Lake View Post
In Europe, we have a open mind. After all, our Countries weren't founded by puritans .

My mother also tells me of the guys she slept with, their "junk", how they were in relation to father and I speak of my ex - girlfriends, all in good humor.

Man, I do love Europe .

Oh, we also speak to people we barely know of our sexual history and our beaches, even the non - nude beaches have lots of topless women.

Have I said how much I love Europe?
Let's be glad you're there and not here since American women are apparently hideous. We already know what you think of English women.

You are either French, Swedish (no I think the Swedes have more class), or Dutch or Danish.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM

47 posts, read 78,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
:shudder:
Aha, you know. In Europe, many of us, guys and gals, are raised watching their parents naked. Many see their parents naked when the summer hits our shores.

Maybe this leads to a decrease of sexual frustration: women here aren't ashamed of their body because mother taught her how beautiful is body is and in turn, men don't have to jump mountains to have sex; which means, there are lots of one night stands.

Man, I love Europe. This is turning into a mantra .

Old 12-10-2009, 09:35 AM

can i just point out that i too am european, but my mother's "lady parts" are WAY off limits in conversation !!

oh, and correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't america originally pretty much established by the british, and the dutch ? (amongst others)

last time i looked, the UK, and Netherlands were still in europe ?

anyway, back to topic !

Quote:
In Europe, we have a open mind. After all, our Countries weren't founded by puritans .

My mother also tells me of the guys she slept with, their "junk", how they were in relation to father and I speak of my ex - girlfriends, all in good humor.

Man, I do love Europe .

Oh, we also speak to people we barely know of our sexual history and our beaches, even the non - nude beaches have lots of topless women.

Have I said how much I love Europe?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 AM

455 posts, read 1,499,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Did you grandmother and mother work full time?
Yes. Before my grandmother retired, she worked for ~50 years (I forget exactly) as a pharmacist, my mom currently works as an administrative assistant and previously as a librarian.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Man, I love Europe. This is turning into a mantra .
Hello, Europe is many different countries. The Brits would not want to be lumped in with your 'weird mother and father conversations." They have more class than to talk about this.

America was not founded by Puritans.

Secondly, if you belong to the part of Europe that thinks Gerard Depardieu is hot, then we will never agree..

I also know many people who think your "Angelina" is UGLY...

I also bet you are probably just a kid...you write like an adolescent. (A lonely one with no mate).

Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
can i just point out that i too am european, but my mother's "lady parts" are WAY off limits in conversation !!

oh, and correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't america originally pretty much established by the british, and the dutch ? (amongst others)

last time i looked, the UK, and Netherlands were still in europe ?

anyway, back to topic !
Good post. You must be British. No self respecting Brit is going to want to listen about Mom's private parts from his Dad...

America was founded by many nations, including the Spanish who 'aren't prudes or puritans.' (Florida).

The Brits aren't prudes...take a look at page 3 girls and some of their magazines like "Viz" which is damn funny.

Back on topic...OP, get some self respect and find a real man or go for the prenup, get the money and enjoy!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:46 AM

busted !! scottish and proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
You must be British.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Nature intended women to be beautiful.... stay beautiful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Where does this crap come from!
Im going to add this gem to the list of stupidist things Ive ever heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships