Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 AM

47 posts, read 78,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Fat is still fat. Also, on a petite and slim framed girl, an extra 20 pounds is HUGE. A step cousin of mine, about 5' and slim as long as I knew her, was married last year. This thankgiving, she's gained about 20 pounds which on her is enormous.

I didn't realize Europeans celebrated Thanksgiving.
We celebrate a lot of American special days. It allows us to eat good food and drink beer without having to feel guilty about it .

Turkey is a typical American dish, right? Nothing smells like heaven than turkey inside a Kebab. It's amazing!

That makes sense. Humans will 99.9% of the time choose something beautiful. Whats not to face, it is human nature to be attracted to beauty but what has that got to do with "Nature intended women to be beautiful and stay beautiful? Nature has no intentions and not all women are beautiful and certainly dont maintain the beauty of youth as they age.

Beautiful women attract the lots of men who can support a large brood. Those males can increase the life style of the woman and the children which in turn will result, when their children have children, in stronger, healthier children.

Beauty also signifies fertility. To us, skinny/normal weight woman, means fertility. Without the fertility aggravating, skinny and normal weight women are just damn hot.

It's sorta of a peacock tail. I know that there are beautiful women will health problems(Emmy Rossum is stunning and can't eat candy due to a genetic problem) but it's a very strong allure to men; creatures that are very, visually oriented.

To most males, most women are beautiful? How so? Because they stay thin/normal. They love that body, much like a woman enjoys the body of David Beckham.

Nature intended humans to reproduce. You need something to make a person invest his money on. A gamer, a lover of consoles will buy the xbox360 but he won't buy a computer. Because his love goes for consoles.

We can write the book of mankind in the same ink. Hundreds of years ago(thousands really) men felt attracted to women who were fat: because child mortality was very rampant. A fat woman had the nutrients in the milk, had the body to support having many kids etc.

But now, A skinny woman, a normal woman is a woman that to our genes is rich and powerful enough to have children.

Why is skinny hot now? because we live in a rich society where most of us can afford almost anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM

47 posts, read 78,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
never been to bergen yet.

this is my "local" when i'm in norway.

### THE SCOTSMAN - OSLO ###

not the cheapest bar in the world !!

I think I've been there but I was too drunk to make that a certainty .

I've been to this place:
Horgan's

Hegdehaugsvn. 24
Oslo, 0352
Tel: +47 22 60 8787

After almost ten years in the business, Horgan's has established itself as one of the leading American, Tex-Mex restaurants and bars in the city. All major sports events, from football to Superbowl and skiing, are covered on the many TV screens around the bar, which is usually crowded from Friday afternoon onwards, throughout the weekend. The energy level is high, the crowd is loud and the bartenders fast. Be aware that the dress code requires proper clothes and shoes. Prices are high. The restaurant serves Tex-Mex food, lighter dishes and a variety of hamburgers.

I forgot one thing: a man and a woman can stay fit and beautiful forever. Most of the mothers of my friends are still a head turner for many males. How do we do this? Work out - a lot. We eat good food etc. The women use a many great quantity of beauty products. Hey, if it works, what's the problem?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM

35,910 posts, read 30,465,349 times
Quote:
Beautiful women attract the lots of men who can support a large brood. Those males can increase the life style of the woman and the children which in turn will result, when their children have children, in stronger, healthier children.
Beautiful women dont produce anymore children than meidocre women. Many wealthy men have few children. Beauty and money dont guarentee stronger healthier children. Besides today couples arent generally concerned about producing a brood.

Quote:
Beauty also signifies fertility. To us, skinny/normal weight woman, means fertility. Without the fertility aggravating, skinny and normal weight women are just damn hot.

We can write the book of mankind in the same ink. Hundreds of years ago(thousands really) men felt attracted to women who were fat: because child mortality was very rampant. A fat woman had the nutrients in the milk, had the body to support having many kids etc.
Which is it skinny women are a sign of fertility or fat women are representitive of fertility? By the way obesity has a negative for breastfeeding.

Quote:
To most males, most women are beautiful? How so? Because they stay thin/normal. They love that body, much like a woman enjoys the body of David Beckham.
Who is David Beckham?

Quote:
Nature intended humans to reproduce. You need something to make a person invest his money on. A gamer, a lover of consoles will buy the xbox360 but he won't buy a computer. Because his love goes for consoles.
Money is not needed to reproduce.

Quote:
But now, A skinny woman, a normal woman is a woman that to our genes is rich and powerful enough to have children

Have you noticed that rich powerful women have fewer children than than your average to lower income lover position females?

Quote:
Why is skinny hot now? because we live in a rich society where most of us can afford almost anything.
Or maybe because we are brainwashed by the media to believe what they try to sell as hot.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:23 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,007,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who is David Beckham?
He's a soccer (football) star in the UK. Married to Posh Spice. Bit of a jerk, too. (both of them are media darlings..lol..)

Yeah, and if beautiful women have more kids (?) what about all the fugly kids running around. And how do you account for fat women having kids??

Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM

77,702 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_York_City_Lover View Post
What would you do ladies if you were engaged & fiance your wanted you to sign a prenup,& in the prenup it states that you MUST weight 130 lbs or less and if you get pregnant you have a certain amount of time to lose the weight? What would you do? Honestly?
Well I guess it depends how much he is paying for you.

Sounds like he is buying an extended warranty on a car or something.

You will eventually be replaced as your looks fade, I'd make sure to get a cheating clause in the pre-nup to cost him a fortune as well as if he is the one that files. Basically, make it cost him a tidy sum when he decides to trade in for the new model.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,904,573 times
Never, ever, in a million years, never.

What if:

he goes bald......does he have X time to grow hair?
gains weight......does he have X time to shape up?
gets fugly as he ages......does he have X time to get pretty again?
loses a body part to disease......does he have X time to grow it back?

This is just too shallow for words.

What do you get for having this 'man's' baby? For the trouble and inconvenience of pregnancy and childbirth, and then raising the child? Will he provide live-in care, gym, personal trainer, chef, etc to make sure your post-partum job is to lose the weight? After all, that's what the celebs with 0% body fat have available.

Wow!

Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,772,140 times
I wouldn't even CONSIDER marrying a "man" (?) like that!

Old 12-10-2009, 12:52 PM

147 posts, read 328,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
am i the only one who finds a father/son discussion about mom's bejingo really disturbing ?
Not at all. Plus it is waaaayyyy more information that I ever wanted to read in this thread.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:01 PM

35,910 posts, read 30,465,349 times
Quote:
am i the only one who finds a father/son discussion about mom's bejingo really disturbing ?
No. My son's gf and I were talking about our periods last night, my son walked in on the work "started" and did a 180 and was not seen again! I cant imagine the horror if he had heard us talking about my hoo hoo.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:14 PM

455 posts, read 1,495,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Never, ever, in a million years, never.

What if:

he goes bald......does he have X time to grow hair?
gains weight......does he have X time to shape up?
gets fugly as he ages......does he have X time to get pretty again?
loses a body part to disease......does he have X time to grow it back?

This is just too shallow for words.

What do you get for having this 'man's' baby? For the trouble and inconvenience of pregnancy and childbirth, and then raising the child? Will he provide live-in care, gym, personal trainer, chef, etc to make sure your post-partum job is to lose the weight? After all, that's what the celebs with 0% body fat have available.

Wow!
Seriously...

Maintaining a healthy body weight is not akin to other biologics which people have no control over (ie - losing hair). All it's saying is, keep a healthy body weight, and he should be doing likewise. Please, please, don't try to tell me that "I have a glandular disorder" or some other such nonsense. The number of people in the USA that have real, diagnosed medical issues that actually prevent them from losing weight is extremely small (<1% of the population).

What about the regular, everyday women that manage to lose the baby weight on their own? They just don't make excuses, they eat fewer calories per day than they burn, and they do a little exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships