Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.astley View Post
I'd make sure I stayed under 130 lbs.
Until I wanted to cash in on my clauses in the contract.

Isn't modern marriage a never ending source of mirth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 07:57 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_York_City_Lover View Post
What would you do ladies if you were engaged & fiance your wanted you to sign a prenup,& in the prenup it states that you MUST weight 130 lbs or less and if you get pregnant you have a certain amount of time to lose the weight? What would you do? Honestly?
How about save yourself all that trouble and not get married at all, eh? Just stay in a committed relationship, and live a happy fulfilling life like.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
What would you do ladies if you were engaged & fiance your wanted you to sign a prenup,& in the prenup it states that you MUST weight 130 lbs or less and if you get pregnant you have a certain amount of time to lose the weight? What would you do? Honestly?
I would run for the hills.

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
I would laugh hysterically and offer him a glass of water....
to wash down the prenup I just shoved down his throat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What type of things does the woman get to stipulate about him? "He must never have any problem with erectile dysfunction" sounds like a starting point.

Who would marry a man like this in the first place? Surely there are other signs screaming "CONTROL FREAK!" visible before this!
No. Mucho dineros.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Having been through a divorce once, I've come to realize that you just never know. . .
That's true.

Quote:
On his that I will sign, say if we get divorced at 1 year, I get "so-and-so amount" of money, 2 years, etc. . .
Frankly, I don't like this part. Sounds too calculating and distrustful ... too much like the celebrity pre-nups... It also sounds like some major money...

To me protecting assets acquired before marriage would be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have repeated this story before but, what the heck, I'll tell it again...the day we got married I held his face in my hands and told him "It will be much cheaper for you to buy a fast car rather than a fast woman..."

He knew what I meant and I still mean it...
I've missed this treasure somehow! Wow, you instilled God's fear in him since day one!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
We don't have a prenup because when we married neither of us had two cents to rub together and we have built what we have together...I have repeated this story before but, what the heck, I'll tell it again...the day we got married I held his face in my hands and told him "It will be much cheaper for you to buy a fast car rather than a fast woman..."

He knew what I meant and I still mean it...

When i married my first wife i had my 1966 Corvette StingRay 427, 4speed...

hohohohohohohoho

Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Hmmm...sounds like something LaoTzuMindFu would consider, although I think his magic number is 135. (kiddin'!!! )

Old 12-09-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
If money is so important, marry for your own reasons and get him to sue.

Beware cheaters: Your lover's spouse can sue you - CNN.com

I'm sure he'll forgive you, especially if you have no pre-nup. Just don't get caught bragging about it on the phone!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I wouldn't sign a prenup no matter what it said. If a guy doesn't trust me that much--if he's always going to have one eye on me and one on his wallet--we have no business getting married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships