Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,412,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
emotionally damaged people are not fun to be around. everybody wants "fresh goods".
Then you'd best become a hermit 'cause everyone has some damage. It's the human condition!

What irks me is that so many blame every little ill on their parents. If you're an adult, suck it up and deal with it. Then get on with your life the way YOU want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 08:08 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,882,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Then you'd best become a hermit 'cause everyone has some damage. It's the human condition!

What irks me is that so many blame every little ill on their parents. If you're an adult, suck it up and deal with it. Then get on with your life the way YOU want it.
Excellent points! Wish I had more rep to give...thank you.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:10 AM

40,938 posts, read 49,064,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I only blame my parents for me not being rich. If they had only worked harder I would not have to.

Of course, that's what my kids say to me.

It's all their fault.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:10 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,316,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's funny how such young men with relatively little experience in life and relationships proclaim to be experts on human conditions, thoughts and behavior.

Tr ied to rep you for that one but I have to spread the love.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:41 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,708,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I only blame my parents for me not being rich. If they had only worked harder I would not have to.

Of course, that's what my kids say to me.

It's all their fault.

LOL...... I agree!! Good answer!

Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,148,614 times
Everyone comes from or has some dysfunction - even in the bible you have Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel and there are plenty more in there. So, there's no escape or inches from a clean get away from imperfection dysfunction. Always make sure your own house is in order before pointing the finger at another.

As far as the parent blaming thing goes it's like any addiction - once you recognize the problem, deal with it and/or fix it - cut those apron strings.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:28 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,772,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I'll probably get some heat from people here about this but I dont care. This is something that I strongly believe and have felt this way all of my life. Its also why I never and I mean NEVER got into a serious relationship with any woman who had "daddy" issues or even was raised in broken family without a father figure. Ive had great relationships with people so I think I am on to something. The few that I did date (as in NOT serious/committed relationship) with daddy/male role model issues all seemed to become crazy psycho beeyatches eventually.

Just watch the first 7-8 minutes of this VH1 show Tough Love where the relationship issues having women talk/cry/breakdown about the relationships with male/father figures in their life and why/how it affects them in their relationships today.

Full Episode | VH1 Tough Love 2 | Ep. 204 | Daddy Issues [HD]

Seriously, I know its really sad, but I dont know how the guy kept a straight face when the one woman who looked to be no younger than 55 years old, started reading her poem to her father. He just said "Beautiful" when I know on the inside he was cracking up and thinking "This is why you will NEVER EVER EVER find ANYONE to be with you, EVER."

Im not bashing women, Im just saying that women with father issues and women who were raised without father figures never had a chance with me because I know and believe they have just too much baggage to have successful (as in long lasting marriage) relationships. Sure there may be few who overcame these issues, but MOST will have difficulties.
YIKES! You sound pretty angry, in a passive aggressive sorta way! Were you perhaps lookin' to start a fight this evening so as not to feel that you "will NEVER EVER EVER find ANYONE to be with you, EVER"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships