Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times

Advertisements

Once you have gone from Ms right to Ms right now, can you go back? My boyfriend admitted that this had happened becasue I don't give him enough freedom and he said maybe 50/50 chance it could go back. Anyone ever had this happen? how does the relationship turn out? thank-you. I love him and I will hang in there, but what can I expect? all opinions are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
the relationship will turn out how you want it to.

you can either tell him to stop being a drama queen, and grow a pair, or you can communicate, communicate, communicate.

talk to each other, and LISTEN to each other.

see if what you have is worth saving, or if you should move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Once you have gone from Ms right to Ms right now, can you go back? My boyfriend admitted that this had happened becasue I don't give him enough freedom and he said maybe 50/50 chance it could go back. Anyone ever had this happen? how does the relationship turn out? thank-you. I love him and I will hang in there, but what can I expect? all opinions are welcome.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Maddog, I'll take the chance of making you hate me. Can't you finally understand that breaking your one problem (this whole relationship that should end) into dozens of bits and pieces you constantly ask about is not going to change it?! The other white elephant in the room is YOU and until you do something about yourself all your relationships will be the same.

Most of the time I can't distinguish between yours and msboom's posts. You, guys, need to understand that insecurity, clinginess, and wondering how to fill an essentially empty relationship are not attractive to anybody. That's your problem - not all these meaningless little examples.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
Hey I've seen it go both ways...there will be indicators that you will quickly pick up on that will tell you either things are moving in a positive direction or not. The signs on the road you are about to travel are pretty clear and you will know without guessing. Take it one day at a time, good luck!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:07 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Maddog, I'll take the chance of making you hate me. Can't you finally understand that breaking your one problem (this whole relationship that should end) into dozens of bits and pieces you constantly ask about is not going to change it?! The other white elephant in the room is YOU and until you do something about yourself all your relationships will be the same.

Most of the time I can't distinguish between yours and msboom's posts. You, guys, need to understand that insecurity, clinginess, and wondering how to fill an essentially empty relationship are not attractive to anybody. That's your problem - not all these meaningless little examples.
of course I don't hate you, I like people who tell it like it is. only problem is, I can't understand what you are saying. I am working on myself, will that help , do I read the signs like the other poster suggested or are you saying just give it up , even if Im able to overcome my insecurities?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
of course I don't hate you, I like people who tell it like it is. only problem is, I can't understand what you are saying. I am working on myself, will that help , do I read the signs like the other poster suggested or are you saying just give it up , even if Im able to overcome my insecurities?
I THINK what she's saying...and I would say this, as well...is that you need to work on your insecurities - your own personal issues - before trying to be in a relationship.

You may be able to overcome them in this particular relationship but what happens when you go on to the next one? You'll face the exact same problems. So...work on that first, worry about the relationships later.

My apologies to sierra if I'm wrong ... though I'd still say it anyway

Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 AM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:

If you have gone from ms right to ms right now, you were never ms right.

If you are ms right now, exactly how do you think a relationship will turn out. Is it not self explainatory?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:23 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Work on resolving your insecurity issues regardless if the relationship continues or not. Afterwards, it could strenghten your relationship or open your eyes to it and YOU may decide to move on.

Whatever is going on, it doesn't seem like you know where to start. The answer is with yourself. There is no need in trying to read someone's mind or look for someone to tell you...yes, of course, you will go back to being Ms. Right. No one can predict another's behavior. If he wants to be with you, he will. If he doesn't, he will eventually leave. I wish you the best.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I THINK what she's saying...and I would say this, as well...is that you need to work on your insecurities - your own personal issues - before trying to be in a relationship.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Of course, your insecurities may very well be caused by this boyfriend of yours. Either way, I believe it's best to let this relationship go and start the next one (after taking a considerable time off and learning how to live alone) both with a better person and on the right foot.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 AM

78,379 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
So, he is telling you that you were ms right and that he's not happy with his current relationship?

But he isn't coming back to you even though you would take him back?

How can you "hang in there"?

Are you having sex with this guy on the side and he is still with his other gf? If so, sounds like he is just playing the both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships