Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
my health issues

I've been battling lupus and some other health issues for a long time. About a month ago I found out I had breast cancer. I've just had a mastectomy and it was successful, so I'm now cancer free, but I sometimes wonder how much more my DH and kids can endure.
Sunnydee,
So sorry you are dealing with all of these issues. Just remember...They love you. It's amazing what you can endure through love. Hugs your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
my health issues

I've been battling lupus and some other health issues for a long time. About a month ago I found out I had breast cancer. I've just had a mastectomy and it was successful, so I'm now cancer free, but I sometimes wonder how much more my DH and kids can endure.
Sunny, you have certainly had more than your fair share to deal with!

I am so glad to hear you are cancer-free and hope you are healing well from your surgery

As someone who had a bad few years a couple of years ago myself I can tell you, no matter what your family is just so relieved you are still with them. I know it sucks to have "one more thing" go wrong and you feel like you are dragging your family thru too much, but fight that feeling - they LOVE you and don't blame you okay?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:32 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
My daddy issues. Coming soon to VH1.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:35 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
my health issues

Wow, you are one strong woman. A lupus is a hard one to live with. It sure sounds like you have a very loving husband and children who are willing to support you and stick by you.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl118 View Post
my daddy issues. Coming soon to vh1.
lol.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM

The Biggest Threat to My Relationship is ME.

My husband needs a medal.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:57 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times
I can go over my list of threats... of my rather future relationship since I'm about to break up sometime next week from now
1) kids... no , don't even mention that to me
2) my sometimes quiet nature, don't confuse that for a doormat though
3) guy that believes acting like a ''stuck-up punk or aggressive as a way to impress me.... no..no..no
4) Man that talks bad about my mother even if she were to be in the wrong... no, I put up with this already.... no more.. my mother comes first.. if guy doesn't like her then take a hike
5) Man who favors corporal punishment for kids rather than using words or other methods
6) Man that's not in college.... had enough of dating a non-college guy
7) Man without a car.. no more of that
8) Man that doesn't like inviting me that much or doesn't buy me nothing but something worth only $1
9) Man who doesn't call me on special occasions such as my birthday or Christmas, etc... he might as well take a hike too
10) Serial cheating history as well as abusive past...

Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I can go over my list of threats... of my rather future relationship since I'm about to break up sometime next week from now
1) kids... no , don't even mention that to me
2) my sometimes quiet nature, don't confuse that for a doormat though
3) guy that believes acting like a ''stuck-up punk or aggressive as a way to impress me.... no..no..no
4) Man that talks bad about my mother even if she were to be in the wrong... no, I put up with this already.... no more.. my mother comes first.. if guy doesn't like her then take a hike
5) Man who favors corporal punishment for kids rather than using words or other methods
6) Man that's not in college.... had enough of dating a non-college guy
7) Man without a car.. no more of that
8) Man that doesn't like inviting me that much or doesn't buy me nothing but something worth only $1
9) Man who doesn't call me on special occasions such as my birthday or Christmas, etc... he might as well take a hike too
10) Serial cheating history as well as abusive past...
Yeeps, Sun! Make sure before releasing him back into the dating scene that you Gorilla Glue a big, red, warning Mylar Balloon to the top of that guys head!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
A lethal combination of my hypersensitivity and his innocent stupidity.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
I love to flirt, banter and flatter women. Its all harmless and done in fun but my SO thinks I will soon get in over my head one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships