Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Not difficult. I met a woman like that at work and instantly found her very compelling; so much so that I worked hard to befriend her. She was the supreme Ice Maiden (I love challenges) yet we were able to talk with one another very easily. We never saw one an other oputside of the workplace.

Five years later when we were no longer coworkers I finally asked her out. At the end of this month we will be celebrating 13 years of marriage.
Does the wife know you called her an "Ice Maiden"? LOL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 10:44 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Does the wife know you called her an "Ice Maiden"? LOL..
Yes she does, and she wore the title proudly.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,098,842 times
Just tell her you're a lesbo trapped in a man's body. Can't miss.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
No, I wouldn't go after someone who's in a committed relationship. Certainly not a married woman, and not a woman in a committed relationship like this, either.
Then this should be a non issue and the discussion should be over. So you think she's cute; I'm sure that you see plenty of women who you think are cute on a daily basis. Go strike up conversations with them.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,732,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
...I'm sure that you see plenty of women who you think are cute on a daily basis.
Actually, not really.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
I once had a crush on a gay co-worker. To me, a crush on someone you know you will never have a chance with is the best kind, so long as you simply appreciate it for what it is. Enjoy the silly, goofy, warm (or whatver) feelings you get around her, remain as friendly as always, and leave it at that.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
when i was 14, i had a crush on Daphne from Scooby Doo.

that's what a crush is, it's looking at someone from afar and admiring them.
in Scotland, we call it "fancying" someone.
it could lead to a relationship, but at the crush stage, it's just seeing someone every day on the bus, or when you go to the shop, and they pique your interest.

Daphne was quite cute. Too bad for you she was a Toon.

What's worse, having a crush on a lesbian or on a Toon?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM

4 posts, read 5,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
way back in the old days, i was hanging around with a few girls i'd met through a friend.

one of them was totally gorgeous. imagine carly simon, but better looking.

of course, being a young man,i turned my attentions to her, she was very friendly, but i never got any "vibes" from her.

turns out she was a lesbian, and oh, man, you should've seen her "girlfriend".
they used to always deny they did the whole thing where one plays the man role, but this "chick" was more of a man than me !!

great bunch of people tho, fun times to look back on !!
What were they denying? The fact that one has (and displays) more masculine energy than the other, or the fact of "playing a role?" They quit possibly were insulted, as many gay & lesbian folks are at that accusation. It implies choice and frivolity..... both of which do not exists for true LGBT people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships