Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:41 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,114 times

Advertisements

Damn. Just damn.

Joei, get a grip and stop allowing strangers to have such power over you. You're out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:43 PM

454 posts, read 688,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Do you think he was turned off by the fur coat?
It just doesn't seem right...I've wore that coat so many times and have gotten compliments from guys. I agree it may have made me look like a WG, but what would it matter to him if I was a prostitute? I know he wasn't trying to marry me

Old 12-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Damn. Just damn.

Joei, get a grip and stop allowing strangers to have such power over you. You're out of control.
I know...I cant tell if it was my ego or the actual let down or what?

Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
It just doesn't seem right...I've wore that coat so many times and have gotten compliments from guys. I agree it may have made me look like a WG, but what would it matter to him if I was a prostitute? I know he wasn't trying to marry me
I do not think it was a matter of you looking like a working girl. Perhaps it may have just come off as a bit too ostentatious for his liking.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:50 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,589,917 times
Quote:
Just because a guy isn't looking for a long-term relationship doesn't mean he wants a girl to look like a prostitute.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Twas your ego. Now let me ask you deep down inside are you having a feeling of really wanting this guy despite the outward anger? If he had turned out just unbelievably super nice and so eager for you would you have maybe brushed him off instead?

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
You need to cool off a little. You meet psycho's out there all of the time. That is life. Try to stand back and not take things so serious.

It sounds like it was his issue not yours.

Quote:
The two are tied into one, but I'll tell you what - just consider each experience practice for the 'right one' and you will be able to chuckle it off easier. You're casting off too much negative energy and it'll only end up harming yourself as it circles back.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,008 times
Quote:
ok, the name calling aside...this was a serious issue. Im really trying to get over this, unfortunently the unattractive dents keep reminding me of how stupid it was to get so upset about the damn idiot!
No name calling here, but you're young, you need to address your anger and you need to do some growing up. Could he have handled this better? Yes. However so could you. You allowed yourself to get so angry that you nearly ran yourself off the road. If this is how you deal with a small issue like this (yes this is small compared to issues that life throws at you), how are you going to handle something bigger?

First thing to figure out is was getting this angry worth it? Really? What did you lose? A mere few hours of getting dressed, driving and getting turned down? What would you have done had you not gone out? Watched TV or a movie?

Second thing to figure out is what else makes you this angry? If it is small things, then you're in for a lot of problems. Here is something to really get angry about. A 24 year old girl in the next town over from me disappeared one night and ended up in another state dead, her body burned and the killer had been sending texts to her family that the boyfriend did it (turned out to be false on that part). Now that is something to get angry about.

Third, you make it sound like you were owed a few hours of conversation. You can't force others to be with you, much less like you. Is it worth your time and effort to get so worked up over someone who doesn't want to spend time with you?

Now not all people online are losers or out of shape losers. You're angry at what happened so you're taking it out on others. This will definitely drive away any potential good guys that you're interested in.

You're young. You have a lot of time. Don't rush trying to find Mr. Right. You don't want to rush into something only to wind up in a bad marriage and horrible divorce. You need to calm down and rather than act out, think things through.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
First thing to figure out is was getting this angry worth it? Really? What did you lose? A mere few hours of getting dressed, driving and getting turned down? What would you have done had you not gone out? Watched TV or a movie?.
And I understand that it was not worth it. I know, now...but what made me so upset is that prior to our meet, we 'bickered' over who was going to see who, when then we just decided on half-way.

Now, Im a firm believer in The Rules Book for Online Dating, so for me to break those rules, was like shooting myself in the foot. The lesson learned, never break rules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships