Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,354,858 times

Advertisements

This is not directed at the OP, but where I'm from, a woman who wears a fur coat means she requires lots of money. That can be a turnoff to some guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,570,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
This is not directed at the OP, but where I'm from, a woman who wears a fur coat means she requires lots of money. That can be a turnoff to some guys.
What if it's rabbit fur?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
What if it's rabbit fur?
Not sure. I guess it would be seen in the same way.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,659,378 times
I feel your pain. You got so angry because this guy didn't even give you a chance and the way he acted about it embarassed you. For your own sake just take satisfaction in knowing you were probably too good for him anyway. Don't let it scare you from meeting people though because meeting someone in person in imperative to know if there is an attraction. You can only tell so much online.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:52 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,170,939 times
Yeah that sucks. He's a dbag for what he did, even if he didn't like the way you carried yourself, that's his right to have the opinion, but a real man would still show some respect and decency.

As for you: I'm guessing you haven't been rejected before. Just going off what he said, I'm going to speculate that you're very attractive and you feel that driving out to meet someone was a lot of effort on your part and you deserved at least a date/coffee/drink for that effort. You also sound really surprised someone would reject you so quickly. I think you should realize that a lot more women have to, and do, put forth a lot more effort than you did to try and find someone who will accept them and date them.

Just get over it, learn from it, move on. Whatever you do, don't punish the next guy for what the last guy did. Guys can smell baggage and chips on shoulders a mile away. Maybe that's what this guy smelled on you when he first met you. Maybe something about your body language screamed to him "RUN WAY" and he did....

Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM

12,974 posts, read 34,003,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joei View Post
im almost embarrassed to be telling this, but what happened last night kept me up for most of the night, and woke me early this morning

so here goes...i was feeling a bit bored and alone last night, long story short i agreed to meet a guy offline. Well, when i arrive there...he instantly shuts me down, and you know his reason? Because 'the way i carried myself'. Whatever the hell that meant. He went on to say it wasn't my looks, simply the way i carried myself? I was wearing a long fur coat, some boots, and smelled good. I wasn't dirty or looking thrown away.

Anyway, we stayed and chatted probably about 3 more minutes and then i just turned around and walked off. I was so mad. Not so much because the attraction wasn't there, but the fact that i got out of my house to go meet him halfway (which was a pretty long halfway) and the guy didn't even have the descency to stick around and go for coffee or anything.

I was so upset that i just peeled out of there as quick as possible but in the process i lost control of my car, ran off the road and clipped a few street signs and totally ****ed up my car. Well, its not totalled, just some minor roof damages

I just need y'all to pray for me. I think my tolerance for people's inconsideration has driven me mad (literally)
lol!!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Whatever you do, don't punish the next guy for what the last guy did.
Unfortunately that happens quite a lot.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 AM

88,751 posts, read 85,140,408 times
Sounds to me as if he was looking for a reason to reject whatever woman showed up.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,387,842 times
Sorry, but what you need is a reality check. You meet someone offline that presumably you've never met before...right? You know nothing about this person (even if you've chatted online for the last year). Turns out the guy is a total loser. Why? No manners, no class, no consideration, no education ... need I go on? Plus you put yourself in one of the most unsafe situations possible by meeting a stranger at night. You could have been murdered. You should pray for some common sense and a large dose of intellect.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM

12,974 posts, read 34,003,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I was so upset that I just peeled out of there as quick as possible but in the process I lost control of my car, ran off the road and clipped a few street signs and totally ****ed up my car. Well, its not totalled, just some minor roof damages

I just need y'all to pray for me. I think my tolerance for people's inconsideration has driven me mad (literally)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX3UqY8KZpU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships