Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,166,303 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else find it more difficult to meet someone nice and respectable of the opposite sex during these times, especially due to ultra busy schedules and technology? What are your experiences of meeting and dating in 2009?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:30 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Does anyone else find it more difficult to meet someone nice and respectable of the opposite sex during these times, especially due to ultra busy schedules and technology? What are your experiences of meeting and dating in 2009?
They are all using dating sites.........I'm serious!

Old 12-11-2009, 02:37 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times
Quote:
I think it's easier nowadays than ever. As a lifelong happy bachelor I've dated dozens of women over the past 20 years, and while I still think the "heyday" of no-strings-attached promiscuous dating and sex and one-night stands was back in the '80's, I'm currently enjoying the new boldness that single women have exhibited over the past couple years. I've never had so many of them come up to me unbidden, in public places, after initiating a conversation, and just saying to me, in so many words: "Hey, this may sound bold but I'm really attracted to you and if you feel the same way maybe we should just..."
I dunno, maybe it's the bad economy or the increasingly fast-paced techno world that makes all these women long for some quickie intimacy and escape? Whatever it is.....like the commercial says: "I'm lovin' it!"

Old 12-11-2009, 04:12 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
I honestly don't know. Every female I ever meet is either married or in a very serious relationship.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I think it's easier nowadays than ever. As a lifelong happy bachelor I've dated dozens of women over the past 20 years, and while I still think the "heyday" of no-strings-attached promiscuous dating and sex and one-night stands was back in the '80's, I'm currently enjoying the new boldness that single women have exhibited over the past couple years. I've never had so many of them come up to me unbidden, in public places, after initiating a conversation, and just saying to me, in so many words: "Hey, this may sound bold but I'm really attracted to you and if you feel the same way maybe we should just..."
I dunno, maybe it's the bad economy or the increasingly fast-paced techno world that makes all these women long for some quickie intimacy and escape? Whatever it is.....like the commercial says: "I'm lovin' it!"
Are you as good as John Bonham or something?LOL..... John Bonham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Just kidding you. Anyway, I have to say the same as the other gentleman did. All the women I encounter are either married or in a serious relationship as well. They are out there, I just need to hit the beat a little more.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:34 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Go out to lunch at a decent restaurant - send her desert, check out the perfume department at a department store - tell her it smells good. There are so many underlooked places out there. Don't just save your intentions and attentions for clubbing and nights out. Check it out during the day.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,444 times
Quote:
Nope... actually, I find it a lot easier now than when I was growing up. As I've said before, it's really about having the confidence and knowing where to meet women.. When I was younger, I lacked that confidence, and I also tended to go places where I could some shallow chick that didn't care. Now days, I look more for substance than anything, and I have learned how to have the confidence that I need to meet these types of women.

This topic has came up several times before, so I put a post in my blog to help people out - that and it saves page space. Take a look if you want some ideas: //www.city-data.com/blogs/blog1...eet-women.html

I wish ya the best!

Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
I think it is a lot easier to meet women these days especially with the Internet. The Internet is not my favorite way of meeting women but it can be very effective if you know how to use it. I met my last girlfriend at work and we were together for 6 years, I think any place can be a good place to meet women.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:13 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgncatl View Post
they are all using dating sites.........i'm serious!

lol!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 11:15 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Why does everyone think it is so hard to meet folks? I went out last night without my wedding ring (at the jewelers) and I met several men...obviously I am not going to be dating them since I am married...meeting someone of the opposite sex is just like meeting someone of the same sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships