Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:36 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I read a few parts of her biography and basically she was lonely. What was interesting about her to me was her parents. Her dad was from a wealthy family and her mom was from a poor one. They divorced later on.

She had a very sad life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I tend to interpret class different from most people I know. For me, it's how a person treats others.

I could give a crap less if a female is able to distinguish between which utensils to use in which order in a 5 course meal, or what the perfect type of wine would be for a variety of dishes. That can be taught, if one really cares.

What bothers me are some so-called "high-class" ladies who think class equates treating the others as their subserviant butlers. That is disgusting to me and the ultimate gauge of class.

Of course that is just my bullsht opinion, as usual.
"Can you shine my shoe while you are kissing my foot?" "Let's go BOy, I haven't got all day" "I want to see myself in them."

Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
"Can you shine my shoe while you are kissing my foot?" "Let's go BOy, I haven't got all day" "I want to see myself in them."
Do you have recording devices in my kitchen??

Old 12-11-2009, 06:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Do you have recording devices in my kitchen??
I do! lol

Old 12-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I do! lol
I knew that conversation sounded familiar

Old 12-11-2009, 07:12 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
How about this class act, Wow, hes lov'in his 15 min of fame, maybe more than 15.......
.Levi Johnston goes first class, shows no class: report (http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Levi+Johnston+goes+first+class+shows+class+report/2241638/story.html - broken link)

Old 12-11-2009, 11:21 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I was reading a thread on here yesterday and someone was commenting on how attractive it is when a woman who is older (I'm 26 so to me this means late 30's-40's) has class. I started thinking about the kind of woman I want to be and I think that really embodies it-a woman with class. I think its a tough line to walk though because sometimes a classy woman can come across as snobby or a less than down to earth or prude. I guess I want to know, can class be something someone works on or do they just have it or don't have it? What does a classy lady mean to you? I know this is kind of a weird, abstract question....
Class is defined differently by everyone, but I'll give a short list here of the traits that I think a classy lady has:

• Starting from the outside, she presents herself in a way that is both fashionable yet still retains her own style. She's well groomed, but not to the point of being overly grotesque and looking like she wastes a fortune on manicures. Her body language presents itself in a way that shows both confidence and self-awareness.
  • ...and moving towards how she relates with others, which is both charming and sophisticated. She has a seemingly natural way of putting others at ease and making them feel good about themselves. She has outstanding manners, but also knows when to display herself in that way. Typically, she carries herself with her head held high, and because of who she is, easily earns the respect of others.
  • ...and then finishing with that sense of inner beauty that results from self-confidence and self-control. She has an independent spirit, but readily welcomes others in. She knows who she is and what she wants out of life, and values intelligence enough to help grow her ambition.
To sum all of that up, I think it comes down to one simple thing: Self awareness. I believe that the more you know yourself, the more you'll respect who you are.. and that takes class by itself.

Still, if you're looking for the "traditional" classy lady, there's some good books out there that will help guide you in that direction. Read: Emily Post's guide to manners, How to win friends and influence people, and The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.

I don't know if that really answers your question or not..

Old 12-12-2009, 01:30 AM

127 posts, read 312,117 times
Quote:
When I think of class I think of Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Eleanor Roosevelt...

When I think of someone without class I think of Whoopie Goldberg, Roseanne, Rosie O'Donnell.
I agree. I sometimes think to myself when in a situation, "What would Jackie O do?"

Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Grace, poise, kindness.
I agree. Plus since we are discussing older women here, I would also add that how she has lived her life is also part of the equation. So if her life has been soap opera drama free, and her past relationships have showed that she had integrity and honor, I would weigh those aspects too. Basically, if she inspires respect from me and others.

So no ugly breakups or divorces. She's turned the other cheek rather than joined in the mudslinging. And she hasn't cheated on her men or been a ****. So she's someone that thinks about the possible consequences of her actions before she acts. And honor and duty to her family and friends is placed ahead of her own self gratification.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:50 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
How can you tell someone has class just by looking at them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships