Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
If some of you have kept track of my posts, you may have realized I've been thru so much in this whole dating thing; namely online dating. ... I was so happy to be able to go without the slightest irritation that I went to the movies alone because I cant get anyone. No, its because sometimes, there's no one else around and why sit around feeling sorry for myself? WHY!?
See, now that's just awesome!

Look at it this way, you're starting to take control of your life. You're starting to realize that you don't need anyone to hold your hand, and that you're a strong individual by yourself. This is a big thing to learn in life, but once you've learned that, you'll be a much better person.

This is just a small step, but now that you know you can do it and it's not as bad as you thought, then you'll be able to go on to the next thing, and the next.

Personally, I find that very attractive, and I think that a lot of guys will agree with me. What's not to love about a cute, independent, confident woman?

Now that's something to be proud of!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
If some of you have kept track of my posts, you may have realized I've been thru so much in this whole dating thing; namely online dating.

So last night I had nothing much to do, found a cheap movie theater with some good movies, and went with no hesitation. Then, since it was early I went back in and seen another movie alone; no hesitation.

Just last week I was telling my brother I'd NEVER go to a movie theater alone. But at the same time, the thought of having to find someone to go with, then have that person 'cancel' last minute is just not appealing to me anymore.

Moral of the story, Im not waiting for people anymore. If I want to do something (namely sociable activities) I'll just go. Now, I still haven't mastered going to dinner alone...don't have any plans for that either LOL. But its liberating to not be burdened by someone elses FLAKINESS and FAKENESS.

I was so happy to be able to go without the slightest irritation that I went to the movies alone because I cant get anyone. No, its because sometimes, there's no one else around and why sit around feeling sorry for myself? WHY!?
That's a good thing. Good for you. Me, I've always found it a mini escape to go to the movies alone. There's something very self-empowering for me to be sitting in the theatre for two hours--or four if I really want to get away--without anyone knowing where I am. I love it. Dinner alone, I wouldn't do. I'd feel pitiful-looking. LOL

Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Watching a movie (should be) a solitary activity, excepting maybe the cuddling part (which I find a bit annoying when watching most movies, but that's another matter). Movies are good for dates in that you can discuss em afterwards, but I think for a first date just going out to dinner or doing something with more interaction can be better, and you break the ice quicker.

Sure, I'd go alone, if I really wanted to see a film. When you travel alot you get used to going to everywhere alone anyway. No biggie. I still go out with friends, but doesn't mean I can't do stuff by myself, does it?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's my mindset. I have no problem going to all sorts of places and doing all sorts of things by myself. I sometimes go on vacations, the movies, parties, etc. alone. The only difficult thing for me is going to dinner alone. I constantly think of that Steve Martin's The Lonely Guy when he goes to the dinner table they shine a light on it to emphasize he's alone...D'OH!
Lol, yes, especially those fancy restaurants. If it's like, a cheap diner or McDonald's or something it's no big deal, of course. I don't like it when you walk in alone and they ask 'how many?' and you have to say 'uno.'

Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
If some of you have kept track of my posts, you may have realized I've been thru so much in this whole dating thing; namely online dating.

So last night I had nothing much to do, found a cheap movie theater with some good movies, and went with no hesitation. Then, since it was early I went back in and seen another movie alone; no hesitation.

Just last week I was telling my brother I'd NEVER go to a movie theater alone. But at the same time, the thought of having to find someone to go with, then have that person 'cancel' last minute is just not appealing to me anymore.

Moral of the story, Im not waiting for people anymore. If I want to do something (namely sociable activities) I'll just go. Now, I still haven't mastered going to dinner alone...don't have any plans for that either LOL. But its liberating to not be burdened by someone elses FLAKINESS and FAKENESS.

I was so happy to be able to go without the slightest irritation that I went to the movies alone because I cant get anyone. No, its because sometimes, there's no one else around and why sit around feeling sorry for myself? WHY!?
Good for you! That took guts and brazil (big) nuts- along with a good attitude. Way to go, man!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 AM

890 posts, read 2,785,764 times
I go to the movie by myself if I want to see it. My wife also goes alone if don't want to watch it.
We do love watching movie together and get baby sitter so we can watch.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
i got sum after enduring twilight 2, yess!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships