Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:40 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
I haven't read any of the replies so please excuse me if I repeat what anyone else has already written.

Your friends are attention whores. They are going into an environment filled with men knowing that the strippers will pay more attention to them and this will, in turn, get all the men to look their way. They get to tease the men all night and then go home feeling good about themselves because of all the attention they got.

I've always felt that women who do this are insecure, no matter how good looking they are, because they feel they have to go to such lengths to get attention. These are the same girls that will make out with each other at a club because they get off on the whooping and hollering from the men around them at the time.
As much as I found your post offensively ignorant (just my opinion and it's not a personal attack!) I should also add that I've also been to a few male stripper establishments in my time.

What has been interesting is that women in general tend to view male strippers as simple fun.

As I said earlier, my reaction to female strippers in London in the 60s was curious and maybe I should add to that by saying that the men present weren't drooling and yapping idiots by any stretch of the imagination. In lower establishments that might well be the case but I haven't been there and done that and probably never will. I read enough and watch enough intelligent TV shows to see the drawbacks.

Male strippers? All total fun where girls are concerned. It's not too bad to watch an oiled and beefed male specimen clad only in a basic codpiece gyrating on stage. If you're daring enough you can gently shove a bill or two into that codpiece and, who knows, you might get a little "jump" emanating from that hidden area if you appeal to the stud.

But that's not what it's all about. For some it can be obsessively intense but for most it's simply fun. 21st century, 20th century, 19th century, 18th century and even further back - not much really changes. Cheers!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 12-14-2009 at 12:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 11:51 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
STT You need to have double billing male and female stripper night in that pub of yours so we can all come over for some fun.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
In CA, for many years there was a woman strip club on the way to two of our fishing lakes. It was on Jolon Road, on the way to Lake San Antonio & Lake Naciemiento.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:26 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
STT You need to have double billing male and female stripper night in that pub of yours so we can all come over for some fun.
Ho ho ho*no! There's enough fun afoot as it is!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 PM

897 posts, read 1,591,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
As much as I found your post offensively ignorant (just my opinion and it's not a personal attack!) I should also add that I've also been to a few male stripper establishments in my time.

What has been interesting is that women in general tend to view male strippers as simple fun.

As I said earlier, my reaction to female strippers in London in the 60s was curious and maybe I should add to that by saying that the men present weren't drooling and yapping idiots by any stretch of the imagination. In lower establishments that might well be the case but I haven't been there and done that and probably never will. I read enough and watch enough intelligent TV shows to see the drawbacks.

Male strippers? All total fun where girls are concerned. It's not too bad to watch an oiled and beefed male specimen clad only in a basic codpiece gyrating on stage. If you're daring enough you can gently shove a bill or two into that codpiece and, who knows, you might get a little "jump" emanating from that hidden area if you appeal to the stud.

But that's not what it's all about. For some it can be obsessively intense but for most it's simply fun. 21st century, 20th century, 19th century, 18th century and even further back - not much really changes. Cheers!
I don't worry about offending when I talk about facts. The fact of the matter is that, from what I've seen, that's the only reason that females go to a strip club. Yes, there are the exceptions to the rule like the girl who gets talked into going by her boyfriend but any girl that is willing to go, no questions asked, and even willing to go without any male companions is simply there to get looked at without having to get on the stage.

The strippers pay more attention to them and will even attempt to kiss them (yech, why would you let a stripper who's been up there sweating kiss you?) so that it will drive the men wild and get them more dollar bills on the stage.

I, for one, have never enjoyed going to a strip club since I don't enjoy being teased let alone paying for just a simple tease. The same amount of money that I would spend at a strip club, I can spend on a date (or rather, I could spend on a date when I was single) and have more chances of getting "lucky" than I would at a strip bar.

I've just never understood the attraction especially since I never had a problem getting dates. The few times that I went with friends I felt pathetic being in such a place surrounded by losers who need to pay for a girl to sit on their laps. I'd rather be spending my money on my drinks and talking up girls any day (when I was single).

Old 12-14-2009, 07:34 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Ok, so I've got one for you. So some girls I know only casually asked me to go to a strip club (naked women not men) with them a couple of Fridays ago. I have never been to a strip club and I don't have any interest. I'm straight and if I want to see a naked woman dance, I can entertain myself in front of a mirror Anyway, I told them no thanks. Can you help me understand the appeal of 5 straight women (they aren't bisexual as far as I know) going to a strip club? I know they think I'm uptight for not going, but that's just so far from my ideal Friday night that I don't understand.
Back when I used to go to them women always came in. Some didn't look too lady like, if you know what I'm saying? That is their prerogative and non of my business as far as I'm concerned. Anyway I used to see groups of straight women come in as well. They got a lot of male attention (mine too) because lets face it, some were lookers. I think some just want to see what is all about also? No worries, they just wanted to have fun.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
I know that there are some strippers (dancers if that's what they want to be called) on this board. I know that saying this I'm going to be labled uptight, judgemental etc. but I find stripping and going to strip clubs to be dirty and trashy. I have no respect for a woman who does that and no respect for people who go to strip clubs. If you've gone once to check it out or whatever, fine. Otherwise, I find it pretty pathetic and sad that 1. these women are conning you out of your money 2. these women are degrading themselves to con you out of your money. I just find the whole thing unsavory.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
I know that there are some strippers (dancers if that's what they want to be called) on this board. I know that saying this I'm going to be labled uptight, judgemental etc. but I find stripping and going to strip clubs to be dirty and trashy. I have no respect for a woman who does that and no respect for people who go to strip clubs. If you've gone once to check it out or whatever, fine. Otherwise, I find it pretty pathetic and sad that 1. these women are conning you out of your money 2. these women are degrading themselves to con you out of your money. I just find the whole thing unsavory.
I was always responsible for getting my buds home safely after they had a few too many. I guess one of us had to be responsible? Over the years I have separated myself from some of these guys because their drinking got out of control. To each their own I guess? I just got tired of babysitting them as well. Keep on doing what you are doing but you don't have me anymore to keep your a** out of jail.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Yeah, not my thing. My husband would never set foot in a strip club. The idea makes me laugh, that's how much he would never do that. Once he was out with some guys for a bachelor party and when they decided to go to a strip club he was so appalled, he called me to come pick him up.

Hi MsRiss7383,

That was the one time I went. It was a friend of a friends bachelor party. It was pretty surreal. The relative shallow thing I liked most was charming a woman which in that case was only a $20 bill away for the plastic replica. The idea that the woman are humiliated is really not true in my mind. Its the men.

There is nothing more sexy to me than entering a woman's space and whispering in her ear that you want her to do something and then she does it. I desire the mind that controls the body.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,361 times
Quote:
Ok, so I've got one for you. So some girls I know only casually asked me to go to a strip club (naked women not men) with them a couple of Fridays ago. I have never been to a strip club and I don't have any interest. I'm straight and if I want to see a naked woman dance, I can entertain myself in front of a mirror Anyway, I told them no thanks. Can you help me understand the appeal of 5 straight women (they aren't bisexual as far as I know) going to a strip club? I know they think I'm uptight for not going, but that's just so far from my ideal Friday night that I don't understand.
Could be a couple of reasons. Women in general (hope I don't get jumped on for this) love to pick apart other women especially when they are in groups, so they can sit there and be critical of the dancers body or maybe they'll praise their bodies ( I think most women can appreciate another womens body). The clubs usually have good music and semi cheap drinks and the women don't have to worry about 15 different males trying to hit on them every 5 minutes like they would in typical club environment. Also maybe it's just a curiosity thing?

Last edited by JasonPaul; 12-14-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships