Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:03 PM

35,932 posts, read 30,482,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You know in some states, it's legal for a woman to kill a man in his sleep on the basis that he is abusive and is cheating on her.
Which states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,697,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Which states?
I do not know but by 1993, it was fifteen states.

A woman can commit a murder against her boyfriend or husband if she feel threatened from being battered, even if it is premeditated on the basis that she feels to threatened and scared. She can kill him in his sleep as well.

However, a woman can lie, most women kill their husbands for their life insurance policies.

You can thank Lenore Walker of 1982.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,156,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

A woman can commit a murder against her boyfriend or husband if she feel threatened from being battered, even if it is premeditated on the basis that she feels to threatened and scared. She can kill him in his sleep as well.

However, a woman can lie, most women kill their husbands for their life insurance policies.

See also Mary Winkler and Traci Rhode. Winkler had not one shred of evidence she was abused. If it was a man using her defense, which happened just a few months ago, she'd be in jail not for months, but years if not decades (the man got something like 40 years). Rhode was convicted of murder and walked with 10 years probation. I wish these were extremes or exceptions to the rule, but they're not. The "female sentencing discount" is a very real thing.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
See also Mary Winkler and the woman that killed her husband in premeditated first degree murder and walked with 10 years probation. The "female sentencing discount" is a very real thing.
Indeed, many women have walked free after killing their own babies and husbands.

One lady who crushed her baby son's skull under her car, received counseling!

Some of these cases the woman hired a man to kill her boyfriend and husband and received only counseling and community service!

Women get lesser punishments for the same crimes as men.

There was one wife who falsley accused her husband of rape three times. Nothing happened to the husband. The fourth time he got something like 15 years to 30 years in prison! The wife falsley accused her husband to get control of the kids during their divorce!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,193,311 times
Good grief...it is not legal to kill someone in any state....there may be times when a jury finds a reasonable amount of evidence that makes a killing justifiable, accidental, etc. but legal, no.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,565,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
In the past on another site, I seen posters being more sympathetic to the female cheaters. The excuses all ranged from depression to the need for attention, feeling neglected, etc.. When a man would post about finding out his girlfriend/wife cheated, there were still few posters telling him how he was to blame and what he should do different, or some urging him to work it out. Even with some posters, they tend to say if a woman cheats, it's also the man's fault and that he must have done something to make her go off.

Vice-versa, the male cheaters would mainly get labeled pigs who couldn't keep it within themselves. Less posters shown sympathetic towards him (unless she cheated first). When women posted about their cheating man, right away it was dump the loser, etc...
Really? I don't see that at all.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 12-14-2009, 03:39 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,093,251 times
Quote:

Can you provide a link to this information as fact.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Good grief...it is not legal to kill someone in any state....there may be times when a jury finds a reasonable amount of evidence that makes a killing justifiable, accidental, etc. but legal, no.
I said in 15 states prior to 1993.

Does not legally getting away with murder the same thing as getting away with murder!

You obviously have not heard of the "Battered Woman Syndrome".

Old 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Can you provide a link to this information as fact.
I got it from "The Myth of Male Power" by Warren Farrell.

Search something called "Battered Woman Syndrome" on google and you might find it.

You can read excerpts from it on Google Books. You'll have to find it yourself.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:42 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,193,311 times
Quote:
I said in 15 states prior to 1993.

Does not legally getting away with murder the same thing as getting away with murder!

You obviously have not heard of the "Battered Woman Syndrome".
I have heard of the battered wife syndrome but it is not LEGAL to kill anyone...this is called a great defense attorney, psychiatrists testimony, friends and family who have witnessed abuse, etc.

Now, in Texas there was a law that allowed someone to murder anyone who stole their horse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships