Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
Well in my case I married young. I was 21. I married her because she was pregnant with my child. I was taught that is the correct thing to do. Life was great until we realized had to actually grow up and take care of this child we created. We should have never gotten married simple as pie. Now there are 2 children involved and I hope its not going to be a bad divorce but I am tired of being unhappy and her not having any respect for anyone or anything. I would rather be single and a good dad to my kids than in a marriage with someone I am no longer in love with. In the end its half my fault half hers we should not have gotten married.
I feel you totally. Unfortunately, all divorces are bad. Just make sure, if you do go for a divorce, you get a chance to really parent your children, or else it's not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 12:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Money issues are a leading issue in divorce.
Both parents need to work outside the home....wages are stagnant...people are frustrated and a lot of people take their frustrations out on those closest to them.

I wonder if we'd see less divorce if our economy was in better shape and we had a bigger social safety net.

Also, a lot of my people my age (I'm 19) don't see themselves as getting married. They see themselves ohabitating in the future.

I don't think divorce is so horrible. I don't think marriage is something we should be obsessing over in comparison to more pressing issues.

Try being a father who worries that his children will be taken away. Try being a father for whom that has actually happened. Try being a man involved in family court period.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
I think the divorce rate is so high because there is a general misunderstanding of marriage, team work, cooperation and understanding one's place in the relationship.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM

791 posts, read 1,425,730 times
most couples go into a marriage not knowing what being married really involves. It is a contract of commitment towards each others lives and livelyhood......no matter what life throws at you. You have to be good to each other and look out for each other or it wont last.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 AM

367 posts, read 415,134 times
Because marriage can be very tough and "till death do us part" can be a very long time.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Try being a father who worries that his children will be taken away. Try being a father for whom that has actually happened. Try being a man involved in family court period.
Has this happened to you? Just curious.........I also find it funny there are many women who try to deny what men have experienced in real life and actually seen with their own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships