Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is treated more favorably...
Ugly but rich 11 61.11%
Good looking but poor 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times

Advertisements

Well, we know that life is not fair and some are blessed with good genes and others have $$$ and the reality of the world is that discrimination exists and people with good looks or money are treated more favorably than those that don't have them. But this question is...who is treated better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
I think it depends on if its a man or a woman. A good looking woman, be her poor or rich is going to always be treated quite well by all men and hated on by a lot of other women.

A good looking man will probably not be treated as well as an ugly rich guy because people (women and men) would want to remain on the rich guy's good side no matter what.

Bottom line:

Good looking poor woman: Treated well by all.
Ugly rich woman: Depends on her personality. She must be likeable to be treated well. Otherwise, she's just another woman.

Good looking poor man: Treated okay I guess. Old women, young women, good looking women and ugly women would be nice to him if they find him attractive.

Ugly rich man: Everyone treats him nice.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:58 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Money talks (and makes everybody treat you nice).

Old 12-14-2009, 05:08 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Well at times money can solve you many problems such as poor hygiene on your teeth and getting them replaced if you need to, so you can attend college classes and earn your degree, a car off course, etc...
It would be good though is a person had the money, good personality and good looking as well... All the combinations all together.

So no I will not go for a poor man with good personality nor a rich good looking man with ''not so good'' personality. I want all the combinations....

Old 12-14-2009, 05:09 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Money talks (and makes everybody treat you nice).
You bet it does!!!

Plus, when you have money, you CAN change your looks.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:43 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
wow, you money hungry materialistic bunch of....

so I'm guessing that if most of you had a choice - either have money or looks you would choose money.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
wow, you money hungry materialistic bunch of....

so I'm guessing that if most of you had a choice - either have money or looks you would choose money.
How about having both things at the same time. It's cool when a person has all the combinations all together. Wealth, looks and character...

Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think it depends on if its a man or a woman. A good looking woman, be her poor or rich is going to always be treated quite well by all men and hated on by a lot of other women.

A good looking man will probably not be treated as well as an ugly rich guy because people (women and men) would want to remain on the rich guy's good side no matter what.

Bottom line:

Good looking poor woman: Treated well by all.
Ugly rich woman: Depends on her personality. She must be likeable to be treated well. Otherwise, she's just another woman.

Good looking poor man: Treated okay I guess. Old women, young women, good looking women and ugly women would be nice to him if they find him attractive.

Ugly rich man: Everyone treats him nice.
I would disagree. Of course we're assuming people KNOW he's rich, but some people, like me, really don't care how rich you are or treat you any differently for it. Many women are the same. Some people do the reverse and dislike people who are rich, and alot of women don't like men who can 'buy' women with their money.

Trust me, though, if you looked like Paul Walker it wouldn't matter how much money you didn't have. The ladies would be all over you!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 AM

152 posts, read 221,482 times
Good looking and Rich !

Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Well, we know that life is not fair and some are blessed with good genes and others have $$$ and the reality of the world is that discrimination exists and people with good looks or money are treated more favorably than those that don't have them. But this question is...who is treated better?
yes, absolutely...

i would say that it is attractive women and wealthy men who hold the largest advantages. attractive men still have a sizable advantage over the median. being a wealthy woman means very little outside the context of customer service.

which reminds me... slightly off topic.. I worked as a valet in college, which led to some interesting observations about groups of people. one of the first things I noticed was that attractive, wealthy, middle-aged women seemed to have a tremendous sense of entitlement. they were the worst tipping demographic, worse than the 16-year-old prom dates. this entitlement mindset was more or less absent in wealthy men, or attractive people in any other income groups or age groups.

Last edited by le roi; 12-15-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships