Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

3 months seems to work for me before i attempt to
make any contact.
i like giving people lots of space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
I need time to cool off however, dh wants to get things resolved immediately. It's not that easy with me, I really have to let go of the emotions or it can become worse. I can let the "sailor" in me come out if I am pushed too far then it's going off a cliff from there.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times
Quote:
i need time to cool off however, dh wants to get things resolved immediately. It's not that easy with me, i really have to let go of the emotions or it can become worse. I can let the "sailor" in me come out if i am pushed too far then it's going off a cliff from there. :d
[this it how my wife is i hate that!!!!]

it bothers me when shes upset, when she upsets me, i get over it,because i hate fighting, she needs time to cool off, so i give it to her, but during all this time, it kills me inside to know shes mad lol

Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Let me cool off and we can discuss fixing the issue when I am calm.

I don't like a kiss *ss.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM

677 posts, read 1,538,830 times
Good news- I am quick to forgive and move on *IF* my husband is sincere in his apology.

Bad news- he is too immature to *own* his responsibility in the issue.

I have heard- "I'm sorry you're upset." When a sincere apology would have been "I'm so sorry for my insensitive, irrational, neglectful, careless,,,,,words, behavior,,,,that caused you pain."

When I have pointed out his failure/refusal to accept his responsibilty in the problem, he gets really defensive. "OK-OK I'll take the blame in this." Taking the blame for something, and acknowledging you are responsible for the crappy behavior, is not the same thing.

I could cover the walls of our bedroom with his lame apology cards.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
Good news- I am quick to forgive and move on *IF* my husband is sincere in his apology.

Bad news- he is too immature to *own* his responsibility in the issue.

I have heard- "I'm sorry you're upset." When a sincere apology would have been "I'm so sorry for my insensitive, irrational, neglectful, careless,,,,,words, behavior,,,,that caused you pain."

When I have pointed out his failure/refusal to accept his responsibilty in the problem, he gets really defensive. "OK-OK I'll take the blame in this." Taking the blame for something, and acknowledging you are responsible for the crappy behavior, is not the same thing.

I could cover the walls of our bedroom with his lame apology cards.
I think they all go to the same school. LOL.

"Oh yeah, you're just perfect." is a classic.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times
"Oh yeah, you're just perfect." is a classic.

LOL HAHAHAHAHA, I SAID THAT IN THE MORN, CLASSIC MALE LINE!!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
[this it how my wife is i hate that!!!!]

it bothers me when shes upset, when she upsets me, i get over it,because i hate fighting, she needs time to cool off, so i give it to her, but during all this time, it kills me inside to know shes mad lol
My husband hates it too! Sometimes I just have to leave and come back later because he will just not stop.

Be glad she is like that, it means she still cares but has her own way of dealing with things.

It's when I stop giving a d*mn and just say "oh well" he needs to worry because I am over it.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:09 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Ladys, when your upset with your s/o, do you prefer for him to be calling you over and over telling you sorry, sending you flowers or do you prefer for him to tell you hes sorry once and give you time to cool off"?
The first option should NEVER be an option.

I believe in apologizing if you did in fact do something wrong and you realize it and are truly sorry. But apologizing just to keep someone or buying them gifts to try and earn their love is just something no one should ever do.

Not saying you're in this boat right now, but if she's pissed off at you and you've already said you're sorry, let her go. Do not contact her again until she contacts you. If she never contacts you again, you will NEVER contact her again either. It means she didn't care for you that much in the first place. (Unless you did something unforgivable like abuse or cheating).

Old 12-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,182,589 times
Once people have been together long enough and know each other I find it hard to imagine having that big of a misunderstanding or unknown difference. Just my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships