Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 AM

9 posts, read 30,676 times

Advertisements

Been lurking, finally going to post as I know you guys have the answer. Here is the problem. My boyfriend had a roommate who moved out a couple months ago. She is a very pretty girl, as am I, just 2 different types. I always held her at arms length becasue I knew he is a private person and I did not want him to feel like we were talking girl talk about him. Since she moved out, and moved away, she has been calling me and I let my guard down becasue I thought she was a nice person and why not be friends. She was depressed over her dating situation and I advised her. In time, I came to confide in her that my boyfriend and I are not madly in love as we appear but that we have problems, too. Ironically, one of the problems is other women. He has female friends and I am a jealous type, usually, depending on the woman. I never thought this particular woman was a threat until now.

Basically I made the mistake of telling her my boyfriend is fantastic in bed. So you know what happens next, of course. She stops returning my calls, starts calling him. He invites her to visit whenever she likes (This is innocent on his part.) I say nothing. I don't want him to know she is anxious to try him out. What man can resist a beautiful woman ready to go? Not sure what to do when she gets here. Please advise.

Oh and I anticiapte all the If you can't trust him, etc. I can but again, lets get real here. What guy can resist a beautiful woman, whom he thought he'd never have, who is ready to go............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Why wouldn't you tell him she has the hots for him? "She and I have been talking, and I told her how great you are in bed, and I think she wants to jump you now." If he's going to cheat on you, there's not much you can do about it. If this girl is after him, she's going to come on stronger and stronger until one day it's that scene from As Good As It Gets, when Jack Nicholson opens the door and Helen Hunt is standing there in a wet T-shirt and no bra.

Give him the chance to man up and reject her. If he's a good guy, he will. You might as well know now.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
you can't control another person, you can only choose to trust them, or not trust them.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:16 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,855,106 times
Sorry to use an old cliche, but "you made your bed so now lie in it." You divulged private and personal information about your boyfriend to someone that was just an acquaintance of yours and she chose to act on it. You obviously didn't think enough of him to keep your relationship details to yourself and now you're surprised that she is trying to move in? If you really cared about him you would have kept your mouth shut and if you don't care that much then move on and let her have him.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:19 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
You obviously didn't think enough of him to keep your relationship details to yourself and now you're surprised that she is trying to move in? If you really cared about him you would have kept your mouth shut and if you don't care that much then move on and let her have him.
that's an awfully harsh thing to say.
sure, it was a careless decision given the context, but it is ridiculous to claim that "bragging about her boyfriend" means "she doesn't care about him."

Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
that's an awfully harsh thing to say.
sure, it was a careless decision given the context, but bragging about her boyfriend is perfectly normal. it doesn't indicate that "she doesn't care about him." I think that's ridiculous.
exactally, thank-you

Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why wouldn't you tell him she has the hots for him? "She and I have been talking, and I told her how great you are in bed, and I think she wants to jump you now." If he's going to cheat on you, there's not much you can do about it. If this girl is after him, she's going to come on stronger and stronger until one day it's that scene from As Good As It Gets, when Jack Nicholson opens the door and Helen Hunt is standing there in a wet T-shirt and no bra.

Give him the chance to man up and reject her. If he's a good guy, he will. You might as well know now.
Honestly, I am afraid to. She is "out of his league" , a fantasy girl and I am afraid , how can he resist? I don't want to tip him off, I am uncertain how he will really react. I want to tell him but I am afraid. Like the harsh poster said, I made my bed, I want to kick myself!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:28 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,329,467 times
I'm sure by now you have learned the first rule....NEVER, NEVER tell another woman how good your man is in bed! That's like giving a car thief the keys to your car.

Since you have said your relationship is not perfect, I don't know that I would tell your boyfriend this girl is interested in finding out how good his skills in bed are. The only thing you can do is what any person in a relationship can do....trust. If you can't trust him then it doesn't matter if it's this chick or any other, the result will be the same.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
If he is going to cheat, he is going to cheat. There is nothing you can do about it.
Unfortunately, all you can do is see how things play out. It's a good test for your relationship. If he goes that way, you will feel it and then you can safely dump his ass.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,615 times
You know, believe it or not, but some men can actually REJECT a beautiful woman if we're in a relationship. We're not all wild uncontrollable animals who think with or genitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships