Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, really... what in the world can possibly happen every hour at work?!

Having background knowledge of her, I have to say she's a case of her own! Yet, she seems to be keeping your (I'd imagine) intelligent and good-looking brother on a hook! Why do you think that is? I told ya THEY look like siblings, didn't I?
It is kind of funny when they get the wrong cell number though. All of ours are only one digit apart. I have received dirty texts from some of their spouses before. They tell me (thinking I'm them) what they want to do to me when I get home. LOL.......... You should hear them when they found out they got the wrong number. I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It is kind of funny when they get the wrong cell number though. All of ours are only one digit apart. I have received dirty texts from some of their spouses before. They tell me (thinking I'm them) what they want to do to me when I get home. LOL.......... You should hear them when they found out they got the wrong number. I love it!
It does sound like fun! Hey, maybe the needy spouses ARE the dream spouses after all... No man would complain of such advances!

Old 12-15-2009, 08:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
It does sound like fun! Hey, maybe the needy spouses ARE the dream spouses after all... No man would complain of such advances!
Maybe that's why they are grinning ear to ear sometimes when they get these calls? IDK?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
My definition of needy is one who must be with their SO constantly, rarely participating in separate activities, basically emotional dependency.
I don't consider being spoiled a condition of being needy but rather a form of selfishness.
I'll go with this definition

I dated a guy once who wanted to come over and "hang out" every single freakin' night Um, sometimes I'd like you to stay the heck away from me so I can do laundry, catch up on e-mails, wash my hair, just be alone. Someone who needs to see me every day so he can feel secure in the relationship - that's needy! I need time to myself as well. If I'm dating someone, even if I'm crazy about him, I don't need to see him more than two or three times a week.

Any guy who calls me at work just to chat would do that one time and one time only. I do not like personal calls when I'm working. Unless somebody died, it can wait until after 5.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Sounds about right. I remember a thread here recently asking about what to text constantly when you have nothing really to say!
Yep. That thread definitely gets my "needy" vote.

As far as men, that was my next-to-last boyfriend. Texted about 15 times a day, if I didn't text right back he'd freak out and call me wondering what was wrong. Got upset if I didn't stop at his house after work before going home...annoyed if I chose to work out rather than see him on what were normally my workout nights. It made for a very stressful relationship after a period of time...and the relationship imploded. And that was best.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
I do think there are different types of neediness.

What I think of as 'needy' is someone so insecure that he/she relies too much on the mate for anything, whether it's emotional or just plain "living". I've known both men and women who can't go out and do anything by themselves, HAVE to depend on their mates for all their enjoyment. And quite often these types are very jealous, possessive.

But I did have a friend that I always considered needy in an odd way. She was ultra-gorgeous, intelligent, friendly, nice, and seemed to "have it all". However, in time I began to notice how much she used people and appeared to rely on them for many things (in this case, NOT emotionally, but for access to THINGS and help when she needed it). She was used to people, particularly guys, being putty in her hands. When she got married her husband had a tall order to fill.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Neediness = manipulation

Spotting and Shaking the Emotionally Needy People in Your Life - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
If I'm dating someone, even if I'm crazy about him, I don't need to see him more than two or three times a week.
I don't believe I can it do more than that, either, and only if he lives pretty close. That's why I think this dating deal is very inconvenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
As far as men, that was my next-to-last boyfriend. Texted about 15 times a day, if I didn't text right back he'd freak out and call me wondering what was wrong. Got upset if I didn't stop at his house after work before going home...annoyed if I chose to work out rather than see him on what were normally my workout nights. It made for a very stressful relationship after a period of time...and the relationship imploded. And that was best.
Wow, so there are such men as well after all.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if we all get warped as we get older or the lifestyle is just not conducive to spending much time together. I remember my college BF and I did like to spend every available minute together... And with other people, too. I also remember not knowing what to do with my left hand for quite a few months after breaking up. Maybe we were needy... at least at the time... I can't quite imagine this right now.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
When she got married her husband had a tall order to fill.
Did he fill it?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:10 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Now that I think about it, I wonder if we all get warped as we get older or the lifestyle is just not conducive to spending much time together. I remember my college BF and I did like to spend every available minute together... And with other people, too. I also remember not knowing what to do with my left hand for quite a few months after breaking up. Maybe we were needy... at least at the time... I can't quite imagine this right now.
My ex-fiance and I spent every waking minute together after I moved to AZ. We did darn near everything together including grocery shopping, laundry, cooking. Before that, when we lived 2 hours apart, we would talk on the phone for 1-2 hours every night, and spend the entire weekend (Friday night to Sunday night) together.

The next guy I dated was the opposite and it took a long time for me to adjust to someone who didn't need to talk to me every day, and didn't want to spend the entire weekend with me.

Once I got used to the new boyfriend, I decided I preferred his way, and now can't imagine going back. Unfortunately, I think I was still a bit "needy" early in the relationship which may have contributed to its ending He lives near me once again, and I'm kind of hoping to rekindle something, but since neither of us is needy and like our alone time, we may never get together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships