Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:45 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times

Advertisements

I didn't want to put 'masculine women', because that conveys the wrong idea, although I think 'tomboy' more refers to girls rather than women.

Anyway I kinda dig it...not so much really butch women whom you have to look at their chests to even KNOW they're women, but those who have 'male' interests, aren't too into makeup, don't cry at every soppy movie or even like 'chick flicks', not JUST that, but also have an adrogynous edge, and don't always have to play the 'female' in the relationship.

I like variety and appreciate different types of women - really girly/femme ones can be appealing, but at other times more androgynous women seem to have more sex appeal to me.

Anyone in the same boat as me? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,402 times
I know what you're saying:

Women who are women, but aren't prissy about every little thing, can punch a guy on the shoulder, will crack open a beer and shoot the breeze, SHOOT STRAIGHT WITH YOU ABOUT DISCUSSIONS AND ISSUES and say what they mean rather than dancing around things via hints and mysterious gestures?

I've written often that women want a girlfriend with a toggle-switch who suddenly becomes all man, throws her on the bed and hammers home like a god from something Wagnerian and then *toggle* braids her hair while they chat afterward.

Men want a really pretty dude with big boobs and no man-parts.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I know what you're saying:

Women who are women, but aren't prissy about every little thing, can punch a guy on the shoulder, will crack open a beer and shoot the breeze, SHOOT STRAIGHT WITH YOU ABOUT DISCUSSIONS AND ISSUES and say what they mean rather than dancing around things via hints and mysterious gestures?

I've written often that women want a girlfriend with a toggle-switch who suddenly becomes all man, throws her on the bed and hammers home like a god from something Wagnerian and then *toggle* braids her hair while they chat afterward.

Men want a really pretty dude with big boobs and no man-parts.
I think part of the reason men and women sometimes don't get along is because they're told by society how a man and a woman should act, or that they SHOULDN'T get a long (Men are from Mars, women are from Venus). These cultural roles exaggerate differences, so much so that many actually rather average women are conditioned away from being 'tomboyish.' Which is why I find the 'tomboy' types more natural, and not so anal about societal pressures, expectations as a result of conditioning.

All those silly little games you mention - mysterious gestures, hints - women think that's alluring to me. I find it plain annoying, myself. Alot is learned from learned behaviour, and from silly TV shows like Sex and the City.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
I have several types of woman that I like. Every one of them is capable of appearing feminine but the attitude can be anywhere from assertive to demure and reserved. The important thing is this:

They are comfortable within themselves, proud to be women, like men, and don't try and compete with me.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,327,365 times
I think tomboys are cute up to a certain point. Femininity is one of the virtues God gave women so why hide them.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,322,977 times
I think this is why I get along much better with men than women. I don't consider myself "tomboyish" but I can crack open a beer and shoot the breeze with just about anyone. I have male friends I can relate with and offer them a female perspective on issues. I'm not a sports buff, wear makeup and high heels but it does not mean I can't kick off my shoes and keep it real with men.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I think this is why I get along much better with men than women. I don't consider myself "tomboyish" but I can crack open a beer and shoot the breeze with just about anyone. I have male friends I can relate with and offer them a female perspective on issues. I'm not a sports buff, wear makeup and high heels but it does not mean I can't kick off my shoes and keep it real with men.
Yeah, it's about the attitude, dude .

What I hate is girls who just won't do certain things. Like those who ***** about getting their hands dirty, or just stand out gossiping instead of getting involved. Or helpless femme fatales who are only good for whining and being helpless babies.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:32 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I think tomboys are cute up to a certain point. Femininity is one of the virtues God gave women so why hide them.
Hi Mr.Cat,

I am a complete sucker for femininity. There were girls that liked me but they just floundered. They could not attract. When I was 30 it took a 37 year old mother of 4 to finally show me what the real problem was.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,327,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Mr.Cat,

I am a complete sucker for femininity. There were girls that liked me but they just floundered. They could not attract. When I was 30 it took a 37 year old mother of 4 to finally show me what the real problem was.

Better late than never, huh?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:45 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I didn't want to put 'masculine women', because that conveys the wrong idea, although I think 'tomboy' more refers to girls rather than women.

Anyway I kinda dig it...not so much really butch women whom you have to look at their chests to even KNOW they're women, but those who have 'male' interests, aren't too into makeup, don't cry at every soppy movie or even like 'chick flicks', not JUST that, but also have an adrogynous edge, and don't always have to play the 'female' in the relationship.

I like variety and appreciate different types of women - really girly/femme ones can be appealing, but at other times more androgynous women seem to have more sex appeal to me.

Anyone in the same boat as me? lol

Guys like this 'type' of lady to a point! If you wanted to be with a man, that's what you would be with, so this 'type' only works for you in certain situations with certain criteria. She still has to look feminine which means she wears makeup but just more natural looking makeup. The Playmate Kendra from the Girls Next Door is kind of what most guys have in mind when they say tomboy. She has huge breats, bleach blond hair, very tan, but wears jerseys and plays football, basketball, and soccer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships