Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

First of all, you do not "approach" people to be your friend. It either naturally develops over time, or there's nothing there. Giving a woman the full-court press to be your 'friend' is really telling her that you're out for something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 02:50 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
First of all, you do not "approach" people to be your friend. It either naturally develops over time, or there's nothing there. Giving a woman the full-court press to be your 'friend' is really telling her that you're out for something else.
Perhaps there could be a pay as you go option

Old 12-17-2009, 02:51 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Only a man with REAL self confidence and true, natural charisma can pull off having a lot of female friends of which the OP has neither.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I hear there are women who make very good livings as rent-a-friends.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Now you're talkin'.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:01 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Brown Leather Jacket: Ignore all the negative posters on here, you have the right idea.

Unfortunately women don't understand how their own messed up minds work, but Brown's got the right idea. One key way to gain interest in a girl without even talking to her is to be seen with other girls. Because a girl who sees a man with other women may start to wonder "what is it about this guy that other girls like?" "I don't know him, but I'm kind of wishing I did". One way I used to land girls was to talk with them about other girls I liked. If they had any interest in me, it would seriously grow after talking to them about other girls. Jealousy is common and a key factor for ALL WOMEN.

Brown, you just need to be more social. The best girls to try and be friends with are girls from school or work. Some common ground you have where it's not "weird or creepy" for you to approach them, and you can very friendly way say "hey we should hang out sometime" or "hey come out with me and my friends and grab a drink, it'll be fun" and then just start being friends.

One of the oldest tricks in the book: there's a waitress at a restaurant you are really interested in. She recognizes you because you come in by yourself often, but you're nothing more than a customer. If you were to make a move and ask her out or ask for her number, she would turn you down. However: if you were recognized by her as a common customer, but every week you went there you had a different female with you, the waitress would notice it, and in the back of her mind she'd wonder what makes you so great that all these other women are willing to spend time with you. Not saying she'll marry you right there and then, but you just increased your odds of getting a date with that girl.

To the negative women out there: the OP never said anything about taking advantage and "bagging" chicks with this method. He is just looking for help to find a date. It's the harsh and critical attitudes of women like you that keep a really great guy out there from finding a girl and making her very happy someday. I wish you more luck than the OP, he's at least on the right track.

And following your advice is going to do what? If she is a game-playing girl, then yes, she will bite and may become interested but it will only be short lived until the next best thing comes along and the games will start again. OR the girl is self respecting and will not talk to him because he is with a different woman every week and seen as a player.

Also, I don't know of any woman who will tolerate a man talking to her about another girl he likes if she is IN FACT interested in you herself.

Unfortunately women don't understand how their own messed up minds work.....REALLY?? Your games went out with legwarmers.....next!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:00 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
I am volunteering, but there are no girls there; only older church-going people and some delinquent kids who you can tell hate being there because they got community service.

You said so yourself; that attractive girls don't tend to be the most compassionate people.
Let's assume your theory is true, do you still want an attractive girl? Luckily, your theory isn't true.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leather Jacket View Post
I am volunteering, but there are no girls there; only older church-going people and some delinquent kids who you can tell hate being there because they got community service.

You said so yourself; that attractive girls don't tend to be the most compassionate people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Let's assume your theory is true, do you still want an attractive girl? Luckily, your theory isn't true.
Brown Leather Jacket doesn't care about having a girlfriend that's compassionate. In addition, he's not a compassionate person either... all he cares about is getting into the pants of any attractive girl he can get.

What's disturbing about Brown Leather Jacket is not that he wants casual hookups and only with attractive girls, but rather that he lacks the ability to make any real friends at all. Not only does he not have any platonic female friends, but he doesn't have any best friends that are male. From the way he talks about his friends, they are really more like casual acquaintances that he isn't that fond of for the sake of their company. And when he goes out with these guys, he only wants them for the purpose of them talking him up to the chicks they meet. But they weren't good at doing that, so now he's trying to meet girls on his own. I think that Brown Leather Jacket is heading towards being a sociopath.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hand this out and see how many you get back:

Hi, my name is Brown Leather Jacket

Will you be my friend? (check yes or no)

__________YES __________ NO

Actually that would be a cool idea!!!!!!! I would so some crazy S&&& like that!! I would leave my pic, email and number at the bottom and pass this out at a collage campus. Do this to about 100 girls and you should get at least 3-5 calls.. With those calls schedule to invite them out to lunch.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Brown Leather Jacket doesn't care about having a girlfriend that's compassionate. In addition, he's not a compassionate person either... all he cares about is getting into the pants of any attractive girl he can get.

What's disturbing about Brown Leather Jacket is not that he wants casual hookups and only with attractive girls, but rather that he lacks the ability to make any real friends at all. Not only does he not have any platonic female friends, but he doesn't have any best friends that are male. From the way he talks about his friends, they are really more like casual acquaintances that he isn't that fond of for the sake of their company. And when he goes out with these guys, he only wants them for the purpose of them talking him up to the chicks they meet. But they weren't good at doing that, so now he's trying to meet girls on his own. I think that Brown Leather Jacket is heading towards being a sociopath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well what else do you like to do in your spare time when you are not at work or at a bar trying to pick up women? Do you have any hobbies? Do you do any sports?

BTW what's wrong with volunteering? Don't you care about anything but yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What you want to bag a few trophy females like deer hunting to use to score a girlfriend? Sorry, but this is pathetic.

And this is why men should not consult females to learn how to date and handle females. Women just don't understand much in the same way a man can not understand the birth process. Also, women are just unnecessarily ruthless towards men who cannot make the cut.

Bottom line, BLJ, as lacking in the skills he may be, is just a normal horny young man who (at the moment) is lacking the tools to get girls and build friendships properly. In fact, BLJ has a little courage to post that he needs help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships