Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I actually don't know very many women that would choose #2. Alot of them might SAY that would choose #2, but what they ACTUALLY choose when put to the test is a whole different story. Just being honest here...
Hi Interpol76,

Its really contextual. An unattractive guy will still struggle. If he is attractive then he can really take off. A 6 can jump to an 8 and a 7 to a 10. I think I am the same way. I knew an obese woman who had a great personalty but it was just too much. Now if the girl is a cute 6-7 she may charm me over a 9 if she is that kind of personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 11:11 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,404 times
Quote:
Man, but I have quite a few close female friends.
Ah, okay.

I'm sorry...but it annoys me when men presume to know what women think and want. No offense to you personally, of course.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I like men who are somewhat in shape, but not obsessed with their bodies. It should be more about health and fitness than about narcissism and ego. Also, I'm only five feet tall. I weigh more than I should by about 30 lbs; I can't demand perfection when I can't offer it in return. I'd date a man who was a little overweight, sort of the equivalent of me. But honestly, if a 300 lb guy were interested, I'd have to turn him down, no matter how great his personality was!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I like men who are somewhat in shape, but not obsessed with their bodies. It should be more about health and fitness than about narcissism and ego. Also, I'm only five feet tall. I weigh more than I should by about 30 lbs; I can't demand perfection when I can't offer it in return. I'd date a man who was a little overweight, sort of the equivalent of me. But honestly, if a 300 lb guy were interested, I'd have to turn him down, no matter how great his personality was!
That seems fair to me. I like a woman with a few extra pounds. But I agree, I don't want to be some huge woman, I don't care how nice her personality is. Don't mean to be mean. I'd never be nasty to them. Just can't do it.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've no problem with a little belly and/or love handles, but if you're talking about this sort of thing,

http://blog.mrseb.co.uk/wp-content/u...6/fat_man1.jpg

no way, Jose!
That's HOT!!!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Yeah but you exluded info, eg 1 could be good in bed due to experience and his fitness. Eg 2 may stink in bed. Big factor for some women.
Sure, it's a big factor, but only for a short time. Thing is, it's easy to learn how to be a good lover, but it's a hell of a lot harder to change who you are. Eventually, the woman's going to want more substance to the man, instead of having a glorified bed-buddy with the personality of a rat.

Quote:
I actually don't know very many women that would choose #2. Alot of them might SAY that would choose #2, but what they ACTUALLY choose when put to the test is a whole different story. Just being honest here...
So most girls would go after the guy that makes them feel horrible instead of going after the guy that makes them laugh..

I get what you're saying, but in reality, it's just a myth. Look at those girls who chose number 1 and see where they are now. Either they broke up with the guy pretty quickly or they are in a miserable relationship.

I think, when one is younger, then looks matter much more than personality - but most people quickly grow out of that phase a couple years out of high-school. Evey woman that I've ever known has always valued personality over looks..

Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Um .......................... okay.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:27 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Sure, it's a big factor, but only for a short time. Thing is, it's easy to learn how to be a good lover, but it's a hell of a lot harder to change who you are. Eventually, the woman's going to want more substance to the man, instead of having a glorified bed-buddy with the personality of a rat.

So most girls would go after the guy that makes them feel horrible instead of going after the guy that makes them laugh..

I get what you're saying, but in reality, it's just a myth. Look at those girls who chose number 1 and see where they are now. Either they broke up with the guy pretty quickly or they are in a miserable relationship.

I think, when one is younger, then looks matter much more than personality - but most people quickly grow out of that phase a couple years out of high-school. Evey woman that I've ever known has always valued personality over looks..
I'm certainly not saying all women are like this....But yeah. I don't know any women over the age of 27, so....whether some "grow out of it" or not, I guess I will just have to wait and see. Maybe I just know really superficial type of women, but even the "nice" and even a few well-educated ones that I know tend to pick the arrogant, mean....yet, "good-looking" guy over the nice, funny 30-something with the beer gut.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
I'm certainly not saying all women are like this....But yeah. I don't know any women over the age of 27, so....whether some "grow out of it" or not, I guess I will just have to wait and see. Maybe I just know really superficial type of women, but even the "nice" and well-educated ones that I know tend to pick the arrogant, mean....yet, "good-looking" guy over the nice, funny 30-something with the beer gut.
Actually, a lot of us educated ladies will prefer our own company over an arrogant looker OR a laid back beer belly.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Actually, a lot of us educated ladies will prefer our own company over an arrogant looker OR a laid back beer belly.
What if they are really packing the heat under that big ol belly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships