Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I go to Lifetime Fitness and I don't think that place is full of strippers, in Vegas, I can understand it, but this is more of a typical suburb of Minneapolis.

I think this whole muscle thing though gets to your head after a while, I am far from being an *******, arrogant or full of myself but when I am running or doing weights, it seems like everybody is trying to outperform everybody and I see a total battle of egos sometimes.

There was this blonde dude at my gym, he would always wear these really tight shorts and a weightlifting belt. Anyways, he would walk around like the gym was HIS, and he would be telling people what to do and stuff, maybe we are all a bunch of insecure little ***** deep inside
Maybe you need to get a pair of those cute little really tight shorts. It might help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 12:16 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,984 times
Why does being fit have to equal working out in the gym? I'd rather play sports and ride my bike (to be honest, gyms bore the death out of me).

One thing I've noticed is guys don't seem to find a balance in building muscle and getting fit (health heart, keeping the mind sharp, ect.).

Old 12-19-2009, 12:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Why does being fit have to equal working out in the gym? I'd rather play sports and ride my bike (to be honest, gyms bore the death out of me).
Because by exercisizing your way one can't become the monster they want to be (and think is appealing )!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:25 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,500 times
At the Gym u focus on your body ! .. pump iron talk to the weights if u need a partner .. i do it lol .. infact i see Arnold Training me ..hahaha .. so much for the imagination .. as for the others whom u call douche bags .. why are u being so judgemental .. and yeah girls like muscles and if u're TALL they'll like u more .. im not saying it ..but many girls usually go for that type .. pfft .. anywayz its not a big issue .. let the girls drool over u ..focus on your workout dude ..focus focus ..concentraaaaaaaate

Old 12-19-2009, 12:46 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
At the Gym u focus on your body ! .. pump iron talk to the weights if u need a partner .. i do it lol .. infact i see Arnold Training me ..hahaha .. so much for the imagination .. as for the others whom u call douche bags .. why are u being so judgemental .. and yeah girls like muscles and if u're TALL they'll like u more .. im not saying it ..but many girls usually go for that type .. pfft .. anywayz its not a big issue .. let the girls drool over u ..focus on your workout dude ..focus focus ..concentraaaaaaaate
I know exactly what you are saying, sometimes I talk to the weights and I have pictured Arnold being my personal trainer when I am the gym. When I am done lifting, I feel like I am invincible and I could take of any of those guys and give them a good beating right there. I think I better stay off steroids because I have seen some episodes of "roid rage" and it was not funny, some dudes just fly off the handle over little things, no thanks!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:42 AM

272 posts, read 640,376 times
You've heard the saying the strongest will survive. That's what women are doing, sizing up for potential mate, even if it's a relationship or fling they want. With all of the pheromones in the air, it's hard not to notice a hot body.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:47 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,219 times
Why are men attracted to supple breasts and derrieres? (Apologies if this has already been stated several times. I have not perused the entire thread as of now.)

Come on, I do believe you know the answer to your own question. People tend to like good looking people. Being physically fit is an attractive feature. I'm not particularly into bodybuilders. I find the bodies of Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig very, very appealing though. Le sigh.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:54 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,808,929 times
Weight lifting, like anything, can become an addiction where it just gets out of hand. Most women do not find serious body builders to be attractive, just like most men do not want to put up with "high maintenance" women who spend hours a day making themselves all pretty. The difference between a healthy hobby though and an obsession is clear to most people. If you work out say 10 hours a week or less then its a good healthy thing. If you spend 20 or 30 hours a week working out mixed with insane dieting, supplements, and have little time for other things then you most likely have a problem. I would prefer someone exercise 10 hours a week then sit on their fanny watching television. Talk about a waste of time.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,967 times
Quote:
I know exactly what you are saying, sometimes I talk to the weights and I have pictured Arnold being my personal trainer when I am the gym. When I am done lifting, I feel like I am invincible and I could take of any of those guys and give them a good beating right there.
A beating? For what? What did they do to you? Regardless, you sound jealous and I'm glad you don't go to my gym.

Quote:
I think I better stay off steroids because I have seen some episodes of "roid rage" and it was not funny, some dudes just fly off the handle over little things, no thanks!
It's not the juice.... It's ignorant person behind the wheel.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,636,710 times
It's just personal preference. Some women dig men that are built like superheroes. I personally prefer a more slender build - long and lanky is so sexy sprawled across the bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships