Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,410,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I certainly don't know much about this "culture," but based on what I hear on this forum many seem to think that 7-10+ (no idea about the limit) hours a week spent in a gym is something normal. That means 2 hours a day taking 10 as an average, excluding weekends. Of course, I exclude weekends to simplify the math... they probably don't. You tell me when you get to see this person at all! How do you travel with this person? How do you even take weekend getaways? They'd probably insist on staying in a hotel with a gym. Hey, perhaps gyms should be built along the rest stops so you can perhaps take some trips with your maniac! Thanks, but no thanks. I'd be perfectly happy with somebody with less than perfect body who can actually go out with me and do things. Like anything else, to each their own, but I'm not about to worship at the shrine of somebody's body.
Hi sierraAZ,

I think 7-10 hours may not be unreasonable depending on the context. I certainly think 7-10 hours of physical activity is very much within reason. I also might like to spend 2 hours as a single person with someone in a health club with a pool and a hot tub then yet another restaurant which is an obsession about this culture I hate.

However I could do what I need to do in an empty room which of course evades the problem you state. If someone must go to a gym, then they are probably a little obsessed. However which is worse? Is it someone who eats out 3 and 4 times a week or someone who is at the gym 3 and 4 times a week?

I think a main point you make is one will probably want to find someone who could take a trip for 2 weeks without having some sort of anxiety of suspending a routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,410,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've no desire to learn anything about this "culture"! Going to a gym 2 or 3 times a week, let's say, is something I can accept as a normal activity. Spending every waking minute there and getting depressed on the rare occasions it's closed is an obsession. Even putting looks completely aside, in terms of relationships being with such a person is no different than being with somebody who is married. Heck, married people probably can find more time for other things!

And just in case you wonder - I'm not a 300 lb blob and have no intention to become one.

Don't be silly. I never pictured you an ounce above 275lbs.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
However I could do what I need to do in an empty room which of course evades the problem you state. If someone must go to a gym, then they are probably a little obsessed. However which is worse? Is it someone who eats out 3 and 4 times a week or someone who is at the gym 3 and 4 times a week?
The difference is even if they do eat out 3 or 4 times a week on average, they may or may not do it every time. You can also join. It's not a gospel. As a matter of fact, I do own an exercise machine and use it occasionally - whenever and for as long as it is convenient around my schedule. It's not carved in wood that I HAVE to be on it for as many hours every friggin' day.

Quote:
I think a main point you make is one will probably want to find someone who could take a trip for 2 weeks without having some sort of anxiety of suspending a routine.
I bet they do have such an anxiety and either will not go or will make your life miserable if they do. Heck, Antlered was in tears when his gym closed for a DAY! And those are the first to talk about other people's "addictions"! Look at yourselves first!

Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Don't be silly. I never pictured you an ounce above 275lbs.
Much appreciated!

Old 12-20-2009, 02:20 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,317,906 times
Anyways, good discussion but I am off to the GYM, I just wish I can be like one of these guys in the near future, look at his white top with the strings HAHAHA

Old 12-20-2009, 02:28 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,716,615 times
Are you Hans, or Franz?

Old 12-20-2009, 02:33 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,263,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Anyways, good discussion but I am off to the GYM, I just wish I can be like one of these guys in the near future, look at his white top with the strings HAHAHA

Those guys need some whiskers. I'll sell some to ya! Typical pretty boys for ya.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:51 PM

622 posts, read 1,281,411 times
D_o_u_c_h_e

Old 12-20-2009, 06:18 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,155,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Here is a 1000 words for ya.
Yet women expect men to find them attractive if they look like the first guy?

Stop starvin' yaself girls, most guys are turned off by that look.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:31 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,263,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameribull View Post
d_o_u_c_h_e
LOL....... ^^^^^^ That about sums that up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships