Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 08:10 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but sometimes I miss my NJ days. Weekends were always exciting, yes, some of the dudes were douches and *******s but there was something about getting in my buddy's Nissan 300 ZX and heading down to DJais in Belmar, I guess, I am older now and more mature but those were good times. Back in those days, I could do weights every single day, now it is more like 4 times/week. I guess, the motivation was to always impress the girls at the club, kinda immature but I think we all have gone through that phase. I found this picture of my buddy Jason and 2 girls we met in Belmar, I will never forget that night
Hi Repubocrat,

The girl on the left seems a little immodest. She should pull down that top of hers to cover her exposed belly button.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Nissan 300 ZX
Was it twin turbo?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
That 7-10+ would be including weekends for an INTENSE person, not the average, moderate gym-goer. The average gym-goer spends about an hour and fifteen minutes involved with the gym, INCLUDING changing clothes, preparations and warm-ups. People who spend longer are either into major routines OR also swimming, hitting the sauna, treadmills, what have you.

To each their own.

However, I know that back when I was doing this as part of my lifestyle I was averaging an hour a day in the gym including changing and warmups, and my wife complained it was too much for her. On top of that BECAUSE I was in great shape, I'd hear at work things like "Well SURE you can look like that if you want to spend all day at the gym. I'd rather have a life!"

Blatant assumption about my time in the gym and an automatic leap to the most silly, far-fetched notions regarding my quality of life.

It's a common bit of nonsense. Unless you're into some very, very advanced routines OR you're contest-prepping, more than 1.25 hours in the gym is COUNTER-productive. Now that's not a 100 percent call, some people tolerate high-intensity, lengthy workouts better than others, but it's a very SAFE call.

People needlessly give the gym a bad rap and often it's because either they're secretly intimidated by those in shape OR they're using the rap to justify their own laziness.
Amen to that brotha, I'm reppin' you. I find that people who bash gym goers and the gym are jealous because they resemble a cross between Shamu and Big Mama and therefore have to downgrade those who choose to lead a healthy lifestyle. Any woman I get with has to understand that at times, I'm going to be spending more time in the gym than with her due to wanting to compete in powerlifting/strongman contests so if she can't handle that, she can keep it moving that way.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
That's not nice to say "Shamu" and "big mama". Imagine if "Shamu" was your relative. You'd be humiliated to be related to her. Imagine how he, she ,it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Amen to that brotha, I'm reppin' you. I find that people who bash gym goers and the gym are jealous because they resemble a cross between Shamu and Big Mama and therefore have to downgrade those who choose to lead a healthy lifestyle. Any woman I get with has to understand that at times, I'm going to be spending more time in the gym than with her due to wanting to compete in powerlifting/strongman contests so if she can't handle that, she can keep it moving that way.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
[quote=artsyguy;12151914]That's not nice to say "Shamu" and "big mama". Imagine if "Shamu" was your relative. You'd be humiliated to be related to her. Imagine how he, she ,it feels.

I got tired of the shots being taken at those who choose to lead a healthy lifestyle so they were basically asking for it.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That's not nice to say "Shamu"
That's OK, artsy! Shamu is cute!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Shamu is a whale for the love of Jesus.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:

a Killer Whale...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Good thing you told me! He IS cute!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, if he had a normal body, no tattoo, and lost the bandana, he'd look great!

The brunette gal has good posture.

That doesn't look like a bandana to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships