Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I like muscular men because they provide the best protection. If i am with a man who is physially strong or at least looks it, then o0ther men wont have the balls to approach me and if they do my masculine man will knock him out. It makes me feel more secure to have man of strength to protect me.
Only if I HAVE to. It doesn't mean that there HAS to be an altercation. When I was married, she danced with some other guy--I don't dance--and he got a little fresh. She pointed me out--I watched this. He straightened up and actually came over to apologize to me.

I told him it wasn't a problem, since he didn't know. If he had persisted, then it would have been different, obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 06:32 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
I like muscular men because they provide the best protection. If i am with a man who is physially strong or at least looks it, then o0ther men wont have the balls to approach me and if they do my masculine man will knock him out. It makes me feel more secure to have man of strength to protect me.
This woman right here knows what she's talking about. Let's be honest, if a woman is in a threatening situation through no fault of her own, is she going to want a Hulk-like man or a Brad Pitt kind of men to save/protect her? She's gonna pick the Hulk like man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
eww, I cant stand a guy who is bulky, it is a major turn off. I like my men lean Like actor shia Laboof used to be lean now he is bulked up in a recent photo of him, he looks awful now. I guess I am one of those odd ladies who cant stand the bulky "ripped" look. Guys who are bulked up scare me really, I avoid them.
Don't worry, we avoid women like you as well

Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 PM

217 posts, read 806,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Same height and weight as you, my body fat is 14% what is yours?
No clue, Dave.
Never measured it.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I didnt know getitng hit on by a guy means youre in grave danger and that guy deserves to be knocked out

Someone hits on my SO, he's in grave danger.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
Sorry had to laugh .. As a female who lifts weights I have noticed this myself... all these guys are just watching me... I only notice it on certain excercises where i'm actually outlifting them or close to lifting the same weight they are
That's one of the best things about going to a gym. I worked as a trainer for two years, and I loved watching the ladies lift. Great stuff.

Quote:
ha-ha.. when I'm at the gym and I notice a man who is shaped/muscular I am checking their form - not how attractive they are.. My friends are the same way - weight lifters and competitors... they watch and note form/exercise.
Exactly. You're checking out their form........

Old 02-16-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Arms, Back, Chest, Abs, Legs, Thighs and most importantly developing of the Mind . It's hard to choose just one, but probably arms out of all for me.

This is the difference between functional training and beach (i.e., to impress the ladies) type of training. Spending time working arms is the least efficient use of gym time, at least when speaking of the type of work most essential for optimal athletic performance.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Some of these thread are so silly...

Why do women like looking at men who are in shape?

Why do men like looking at women who are in shape?

BTW: Its not only women, men like toned, muscular women as well, I get quite a few stares at the gym myself!

If no pix, didn't happen.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
We are animals! Animals seek the strongest to mate with, so the best genes survive. Usually! However, thinking people and society have been fighting natural selection for awhile now!

Watch the first James Bond Movie with Daniel Craig, the scene when he comes out of the surf. Dude, I swear the women in the audiance ever so briefly acted like it was show your trailor park lot tag, get free entry day at wrestle mania! Allllllllll the women!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I don't know what the trailer park/wrestlemania reaction is, but Daniel Craig did look very hot in that movie. And later with the dark polo and white pants ... yum.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
My 17 yr old who dates EMO was going "ohhh my god" when he came out of the surf! And she thinks anybody over 20 is more than halfway in the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships