Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 03:35 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Someone hits on my SO, he's in grave danger.
If he did it in front you and knew you were with here yes if he didnt and then stopped once he was told shes with you then youd have to be an idiot to attack the guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If he did it in front you and knew you were with here yes if he didnt and then stopped once he was told shes with you then youd have to be an idiot to attack the guy

If he kept it up after knowing she was with me, he'd be an idiot to f*** with me.

This has been proven already.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If he kept it up after knowing she was with me, he'd be an idiot to f*** with me.

This has been proven already.
Alrighty there tough guy

Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
I agree you will find some very vein and selfish people at the gym. Intense self-absorption and obsession with one-self is really scary. You will notice the extremely narcissistic ones because they usually never make eye contact or notice you, and they appear robotic, this is so, because they are literally too self-involved. It really is strange. And the muscular guys aren't the only ones that are like that. The gym can have scrawny wimps that are obsessed with themselves and are never happy with themselves because they have some impossible standard. I always get a really uncomfortable feeling around narcissistic people because I can't talk about myself with them comfortably, the spot-light always has to refocus on what they know, their special skills, who they know, and how special their agenda for the week is....and they get impatient or annoyed when you talk about yourself. You feel like a captive audience when they engage in their condescending monologue. So you almost always walk away feeling guilty because you wanted to have a friendly two-way conversation. Oh, well. Now if somebody is in a rush or in a bad mood because their pet passed away then that is a totally different story.

You just have to find the right person that clicks with you. I suggest reading body language first. If they make eye contact, acknowledge your existence, and appear non-robotic then they are probably good people to approach for a friendly discussion. Then you can take it from there. And see how it goes.

Last edited by artsyguy; 02-16-2010 at 10:12 PM..

Old 02-16-2010, 10:34 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Alrighty there tough guy

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,776,914 times
"I EVEN think some of them are closeted gays."

I can assure you that some of them are closeted gays, some of them are overt gays, some of them are closet bisexuals, and some of them are bisexual swingers. And none of that is a bad thing. Before we moved out here, we worked out at the same gym, off and on, for over two decades. And over that time, the real stories behind those big fine bodies slowly revealed themselves. And all those stories fueled my fantasies. If you get off thinking about two girls together, you can imagine how little Gloria feels about watching two hulking muscle men. Yum!

But as to why muscular men turn us on, let's look at physical attraction from an evolutionary angle. A muscular male 'in the wild' is one in prime breeding condition: a superior breeder, who will produce superior offspring. His genetic material is in better shape...an advantage for posterity. And he will be in a better position to provide for and defend his offspring. So attraction to such a male is something that pays big rewards.

A (naturally) muscular male produces more testosterone, produces more growth hormone, has been eating well, has enhanced standing within the group... all of which confer advantages to his mate and his offspring. He is likely to remain viable, as well.

Today, muscles just FEEL so darn good! Being in the arms of some powerful animal whose taut skin is stretched over bulging muscles is a feeling beyond compare! And if you can catch him right after he's finished pumping up, those muscles are actually hot to the touch! Yowza!

If you stick with it, you will come to realize that your muscles, and the activities which build them, are producing a whole cascade of good chemical reactions/chemical productions within your body. Those will keep you youthful far beyond the age you'd thought you'd be over the hill. I know sixty-somethings who are still hotties, because they've been hitting the weights, every day, since they were twenty-somethings.

And I don't have to tell you that your performance/stamina has been greatly enhanced by weightlifting. We gym bunnies know those things, and that's why we're giving you the eye.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
"I EVEN think some of them are closeted gays."

I can assure you that some of them are closeted gays, some of them are overt gays, some of them are closet bisexuals, and some of them are bisexual swingers. And none of that is a bad thing. Before we moved out here, we worked out at the same gym, off and on, for over two decades. And over that time, the real stories behind those big fine bodies slowly revealed themselves. And all those stories fueled my fantasies. If you get off thinking about two girls together, you can imagine how little Gloria feels about watching two hulking muscle men. Yum!

But as to why muscular men turn us on, let's look at physical attraction from an evolutionary angle. A muscular male 'in the wild' is one in prime breeding condition: a superior breeder, who will produce superior offspring. His genetic material is in better shape...an advantage for posterity. And he will be in a better position to provide for and defend his offspring. So attraction to such a male is something that pays big rewards.

A (naturally) muscular male produces more testosterone, produces more growth hormone, has been eating well, has enhanced standing within the group... all of which confer advantages to his mate and his offspring. He is likely to remain viable, as well.

Today, muscles just FEEL so darn good! Being in the arms of some powerful animal whose taut skin is stretched over bulging muscles is a feeling beyond compare! And if you can catch him right after he's finished pumping up, those muscles are actually hot to the touch! Yowza!

If you stick with it, you will come to realize that your muscles, and the activities which build them, are producing a whole cascade of good chemical reactions/chemical productions within your body. Those will keep you youthful far beyond the age you'd thought you'd be over the hill. I know sixty-somethings who are still hotties, because they've been hitting the weights, every day, since they were twenty-somethings.

And I don't have to tell you that your performance/stamina has been greatly enhanced by weightlifting. We gym bunnies know those things, and that's why we're giving you the eye.
Like the post....... what I will add is everything in moderation and a balance in life is important.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,933,076 times
Although I'm a "fit" chick myself, I find muscular men to be completely unattractive. I have no idea why! I just do! I hate that icky ridgy ripply bulgy look. I like my men kind of squishy instead.

Most women like it though, and they're looking at you for the same reason you'd check out a "hot" chick. Just take it as a compliment.

On another note, not directing this to the OP by any means, but I find it to be particular gross when men at the gym stare at themselves and/or grunt loudly to get attention while lifting weights. Ugh, makes me want to barf sometimes!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:45 AM

796 posts, read 1,844,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Here is a 1000 words for ya.
Thanks for that...you made my day!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Mr. Bale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships