Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,384,434 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...

Well. Let's see. I am a vegetarian. I love music. Music like City and Colour, Eisley, Andrew Bird, Sufjan Stevens, Keane, Regina Spektor, Kate Nash. . . or Hot Water Music, Gaslight Anthem, Bad Religion. I have a Violin, Guitar & Piano. I am in the military. I tutor kids at the DOD school. I love to cuddle up on the couch with my girl friend and give her massages and stroke her head until she falls asleep. I like to cook Italian food and random vegetarian dishes. I am almost done with my undergrad degree, will be working on my Masters in Peace Keeping. I will try to work for the U.N.

I work out at the gym. It's part of my job, since I'm in the military. It's part of my job in life, also. Do I do arm curls or tricep kickbacks? No. I don't do glamour muscles. I push big weights. Clean and press. Squats. Military press. None of that bicep curl crap. I also swim, run, jump rope, and ride bikes *Mountain, BMX, road*. I work out because I want to stay healthy. I want to make my daily chores and tasks easy, without taking a breath. I want to push my body to the limit. I don't do it to look good. I'm about to post a photo of my flexing in the mirror. Yeah, ok. I did it for my girl friend. She likes it. I also workout for my girl friend. It makes sex better. And I look pretty normal in clothes. I work out for me, not anyone else (well, my girl friend.. but that essentially is me). If people work out to 'impress people'... well those people will find themselves quitting after a few years, maybe months. Anyways, I only weigh 130 pounds at 5'6

Last edited by td333; 02-25-2010 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,384,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
r grunt loudly to get attention while lifting weights. Ugh, makes me want to barf sometimes!

Believe it or not, grunting helps the lifter get more weight up. If you're punching someone, you're not going to punch someone silently are you? Same goes for lifting weights. If the man is trying to push up some really heavy weights, or do a lot of reps.. grunting helps. When I do my PT test, I grunt during my run. It helps me breath, also. I grunt during workouts also. Not loudly.. but I try to do it to myself. I understand that some men however, do it unnecessarily loud.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,394,564 times
Why are men attracted to a woman with an hour glass figure. (big boobs, big booty)

Muscular (well proportioned and defined, not extremely full blown and roided) men are found to be more attractive because muscular men tend to be more agile and able than an obese person or a skinny, bony sack of flab.

Ideally, you'd probably want to be thin and muscular. (that way you can still move and turn and hold your arms at your side and not to mention fit inside clothes)

Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,617,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Another of those self-marketing threads
Darn it. I was about to start a thread called, "Why do women love married 30 something guys who got out of shape because they play Wii soccer all day?" I wouldn't want to self market though.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM

213 posts, read 417,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Although I'm a "fit" chick myself, I find muscular men to be completely unattractive. I have no idea why! I just do! I hate that icky ridgy ripply bulgy look. I like my men kind of squishy instead.

Most women like it though, and they're looking at you for the same reason you'd check out a "hot" chick. Just take it as a compliment.

On another note, not directing this to the OP by any means, but I find it to be particular gross when men at the gym stare at themselves and/or grunt loudly to get attention while lifting weights. Ugh, makes me want to barf sometimes!
I agree with this post. I find myself attracted to average build men - not skinny scrawny guys, not muscle heads, but not too squishy. I like the blue collar type guys who are fit because it's part of their job but not because they purposely work out. No six pack abs needed. Of course personality would trump all.

It may also be that the OP *thinks* he's getting more female attention because he's noticing it more. It might have been women have always looked but he's more conscious of it now.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,483,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
Bingo!
I'm no expert on women, but I think that most women want to be with a man that they feel can protect them and stand up for them, and for themselves. A muscular man gives out those "don't f*** with me" signals more than someone less physically developed, and makes a woman feel more safe and secure.
Aside from that, a muscular man just looks more masculine than someone who doesn't work out with weights, IMO.
I really need to get myself back to the gym.....

Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,672,815 times
Note to self: I wonder if my appearance as a weakling who any Girl Scout could pound the snot out of has been a factor in my relationships with women.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,796,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Note to self: I wonder if my appearance as a weakling who any Girl Scout could pound the snot out of has been a factor in my relationships with women.
I don't know, have you been having many relationships with Girl Scouts?

Old 09-29-2011, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times
I love muscle men...there is the problem with the stereo type dumbass tool lol but there are plenty of them no matter what size shape ethnicity and race they are but i love muscle man because u know from looking at him that he takes care of himself it shows devotion to something that is very difficult, he most likely has a schedule that he keeps to (time management i guess) , it also is showing his "masculine curves" which i love . However i am 5'10 1/2" hehe 175lbs muscular ( yes free weights along with olympic lifts) athletic female so i dont want the man i date to be more slender then me. (i guess thats my insecurity) i have n will date men shorter then me , he just has to have some meaty bones lol ~ ...please dont confuse me with a juice head lover lol i like my men with real harding earning muscle

Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 AM

13 posts, read 38,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Bingo!
I'm no expert on women, but I think that most women want to be with a man that they feel can protect them and stand up for them, and for themselves. A muscular man gives out those "don't f*** with me" signals more than someone less physically developed, and makes a woman feel more safe and secure.
Aside from that, a muscular man just looks more masculine than someone who doesn't work out with weights, IMO.
I really need to get myself back to the gym.....
Bingo. I think the appearance of being muscular or athletic gives off the impression that you're able to stand up for yourself or your significant other like others have previously mentioned. That's the most basic instinct in the wild: choose a mate than can defend your kin. Obviously, it varies from a case-by-case basis, but overall it's inherent in our psyche through thousands of years of survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships