Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:20 AM

479 posts, read 835,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you understand why men are so attracted to big boobys?
I'd be interested in an explanation myself. Being I just love generalizations. i.e.

I think big booby's are gross and it's pathetic the number of women that will go get implants. Because they want big boobies?

Now does or should it matter what I think about big boobs? Nope.

Gosh knows I'll never look at a woman, and say...gosh you know your boobs are so large, they're kind of gross. Ever consider a breast reduction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Workout tip of the trade. Have you guys ever used two 3' cast iron pipe wrenches over your head all day long (at least 8 hours)? It's a S.O.B. and by the end of the day your forearms are burning. Rugged

Dude, you are living in a fantasy world.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:08 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Bingo!
I'm no expert on women, but I think that most women want to be with a man that they feel can protect them and stand up for them, and for themselves. A muscular man gives out those "don't f*** with me" signals more than someone less physically developed, and makes a woman feel more safe and secure
Sounds like a false sense of security to me.

Strength alone is no substitute for fighting skills...all Braun and no brains ring a bell? I hit the gym but more cardio now days but I also hold a black belt in TKD and have done some wrestling. That and I generally keep a 45 close by at all times. Muscles are great but they burn a lot of energy. The more you have, the more you use. A smart person can use that against an opponent...I see it happen all the time in Martial Arts fighting and Wrestling.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Sounds like a false sense of security to me.

Strength alone is no substitute for fighting skills...all Braun and no brains ring a bell? I hit the gym but more cardio now days but I also hold a black belt in TKD and have done some wrestling. That and I generally keep a 45 close by at all times. Muscles are great but they burn a lot of energy. The more you have, the more you use. A smart person can use that against an opponent...I see it happen all the time in Martial Arts fighting and Wrestling.
If you hold a blackbelt in TKD, you wouldn't need a .45 Everything else you're right on target. You never underestimate your opponent. Being a buff guy, I'm doing kickboxing/MMA training so I can be well-rounded because I'll never know when I'll have to throw down.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Take it from me.

Women don't like muscular guys. That's the territory of cougars and tattoo tramp stamps.

The modern trend - the Roger Federer athletic look or the Oscar Isaac/Joe-Gordon Levitt lean, trim and toned look.

I'm talking the V, toned arms and feet and compact yet chiseled torso.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Take it from me.

Women don't like muscular guys. That's the territory of cougars and tattoo tramp stamps.

The modern trend - the Roger Federer athletic look or the Oscar Isaac/Joe-Gordon Levitt lean, trim and toned look.

I'm talking the V, toned arms and feet and compact yet chiseled torso.

Yep. Always better off with lean muscle. If you're the bodybuilder type, you'll intimidate people and scare them off.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:24 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Some girls like gorillas aka juice heads. Like those girls on Jersey Shore.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,743 times
Default Muscular Men....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
The short answer: Women are aroused by muscles and what seems to be an overt indication of strength.

The longer answer:

You state that many of the muscular men at your gym are douchebags, but what you fail to realize is that just as it's impossible for a man to walk into a room full of females and see their personalities so he homes in on whatever is physically attractive and takes his chances from there, so it's impossible for women to just SEE a douche.

I know that I didn't speak to a lot of others during my gym time so I'm wondering whether these people really are the douchebags you allege or whether it's a snap judgment on your part based on the fact that they're working out and clearly paying attention to themselves. Some gym guys are clearly douches; they don't grunt with strain, they scream so everyone will see they're lifting a heavy weight. Many fail to clean up their stations when finished, leaving sweat and scattered weights.

Others are simply working out, keeping to themselves, NOT being extroverted or trying to make friends; that's not douche, it's private. You're not there to socialize, you're there to pump iron and hit the track or treadmill.

And much as we want to fuss about women and what they say they want versus the overt displays of what they want, we don't get to suppress 4.5 million years of evolution over a couple of decades -- period.

Yes, women like muscles. They may not want a guy shredded for contest, with veins and striations all over the place, all pasted down with faux-tan, but they like muscles and strong men. It's not the ONLY thing they like, but it's a foot in the door -- so instead of wasting time (as I did when I was young) resenting women for it, appreciate it and use it to your advantage.

And for the record, not just women like muscular guys; not in any homo-erotic way but men tend to automatically respect OR automatically contest more muscular guys when they speak with authority.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm impressed with your answer! Love when a guy knows and answer accordingly without going behind the bushes or using profanity. Thanks!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
US explained it quite well, but the short answer is, women are attracted to dominant men and physical posture is a large part of it. It makes zero difference if having muscles equals strength or not, its the appearance that it does that makes all the difference.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
I like a man that can wear skinny jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships