Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,696,713 times

Advertisements

Muscular in moderation is cool but if you're going to look like your going to pop a vein anymore moment, thats not sexy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 05:07 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,704,943 times
I'm muscular but I'm cut as I don't go over the top. The girlfriend likes it because I keep myself in good shape and keeps myself attractive to her. I also hold her to the same standard of being attractive to me but obviously she won't have to work out nearly as I do. The main reason why I go to the gym (or work out in another way) consistently is because I'm a rugby player and I need to stay in shape lol. She does get annoyed at the fact that I work out, run or practice nearly half the time I'm not working but I love the game and she knows I do. So, she couldn't imagine wanting me to compromise on something I love to do.

She really gets annoyed after I play and I'm all beat up or sometimes broken. I've paid a lot physically to the game. She has wash my clothes or see blood on my car seat but I clean that myself. It does get in the way of my sex life though. Constantly working out, playing, working on my cars or just working at my job. It takes a lot of time away from us as a couple to spend quality time together. She still understands so I try to make time every once in a while.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,401,353 times
Quote:
A lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.
My experience as well. The ones that shave their body hair are repulsive to me. A man without hair on his arms, legs and chest because HE removed it.... uwwww.

A fit, thin man is a million times more alluring to me that steroid-ridden weight lifter with bulging biceps. They always seem incredibly narcissistic to me, though of course there are exceptions.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,174 times
muscular men are extremely hot! i think saying all of them are douches is a generalization, but really, can you blame them?? of course theyre going to be cocky and arrogant if theyre big, stong alpha males...i definetly enjoy banging them but theyre not good boyfriend material

Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,444,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bec1988 View Post
muscular men are extremely hot! i think saying all of them are douches is a generalization, but really, can you blame them?? of course theyre going to be cocky and arrogant if theyre big, stong alpha males...i definetly enjoy banging them but theyre not good boyfriend material

Old 07-29-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I'm muscular but I'm cut as I don't go over the top. The girlfriend likes it because I keep myself in good shape and keeps myself attractive to her. I also hold her to the same standard of being attractive to me but obviously she won't have to work out nearly as I do. The main reason why I go to the gym (or work out in another way) consistently is because I'm a rugby player and I need to stay in shape lol. She does get annoyed at the fact that I work out, run or practice nearly half the time I'm not working but I love the game and she knows I do. So, she couldn't imagine wanting me to compromise on something I love to do.

She really gets annoyed after I play and I'm all beat up or sometimes broken. I've paid a lot physically to the game. She has wash my clothes or see blood on my car seat but I clean that myself. It does get in the way of my sex life though. Constantly working out, playing, working on my cars or just working at my job. It takes a lot of time away from us as a couple to spend quality time together. She still understands so I try to make time every once in a while.
What position you play in rugby mate? I have played most of my life

Old 07-29-2013, 06:27 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,311,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
I've never dated a muscular man. I like taller thinner guys. I assume that a lot of women who are at the gym 4-5 days a week, appreciate a man who is also into fitness (has a fit body).

Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 AM

I'm muscular, but didn't achieve it from spending alot of time in the gym. Some sure. It has come from a variety of activities.
Sports, doing physical work and various workouts. Eating and drinking pretty clean and healthy.

For me being physically active, improves my mental well being and mental strength. My health and I like being very strong as its useful in many situations. Relationships and getting girls/women is a factor but no more than any of the other factors just mentioned previously.

Am confident in myself sometimes cocky. I'm not a douche for the most part. Its always a certain amount of people in any situation that give the others and bad rap.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.
I mean, a lot of out-of-shape, muscleless guys at my gym are total couches, have no personalities, very self-centered. I even think some may be closet gays.

WOW, what a surprise!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,489,619 times
Quote:
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
The same reason men ignore women's personalities and focus on their breast size. We have been taught to value looks above all else and ignore issues of compatibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships