Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,426,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
lol. He was skeletal in The Machinist, it was amazing.

I love athletic men. I don't like huge bodybuilding muscles or too much emphasis on weight training though. Rowers, swimmers... That's my thing And btw I like visible tone in women too.
Hi noela,

What is amazing is how he bulked up to do Batman not long after. A dedicated man to be sure. I am sure he is a turn off in that bottom photo right girls?

http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,batman.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 12:06 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,426,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You guys know that gym freaks also tend to cook....just a fyi

Looking good, out of my face AND cooking...That kind sounds awesome.
Hi pitt_transplant;,

That is how I became fit many years ago. I was a skilled cook by college. I realized the food supply was out to screw me. See, you are a smart woman.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:07 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,357,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You got it. Its the same reason women are attracted to muscular men.

*dreamy look*
*long sigh*
Oh no 2mares, that just may be the comment to push Urb over the edge- into calling- that plastic surgeon for pectoral implants!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,816,567 times
A lot of you women have misconceptions about guys who lift weights. Not all men do it to "get laid" or impress women. Some do it as a challenge, hobby, for work, for confidence, because its useful doing things, for sports, and a plethora of other reasons. Me personally, I lift weights to help with doing things I otherwise couldn't...just because it has other uses doesn't mean I do it for that particular reason. I enjoy mountain climbing and wouldn't be able to perform at an optimal, or safe level, without keeping in shape. I wouldn't be able to haul a backpack full of food, water, camera gear, and other necessary supplies if I were a weakling or out of shape. Photography is a fun hobby of mine, and in order to take good pictures I need to get to the places where I can do that. No out of shape fatty is getting up a mountain in the winter to take pictures for an hour. In order to stay in decent shape and maintain, or get slightly stronger, I work out about five or six hours a week. Here's a tradeoff for you. I don't watch television at all. Most people watch a couple hours a day which would equate to about fifteen hours a week. You can clearly see where I get the free time to run, lift weights, and enjoy what I really want to do which is climb mountains to take pictures. Just because my body happens to look better and indirectly attract women doesn't mean I do so for that specific purpose.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:13 PM

69 posts, read 233,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
Well let me ask you this....aren't you attracted to women who are fit and in shape or someone who's doesn't work and maybe has little gut or out of shape? Chances are you go for the one who are in shape, and to get into that certain you have to put in work. People are attracted to people who care about their selfs are their appearance, which includes keeping their body up to par.

Another thing, I know when I started working out and getting into better shape, my confidence level rose to another level. Females like confidence, right? So there you go.......You have two options: Whine about it or DO something about it.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,321,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, Repubocrat. You're saying in one breath that you're trying to achieve "muscular" status, then in the next you're calling the muscular men a bunch of self-centered, possibly gay, douchebags. (and the pathetic name-calling is very childish, FYI....who cares if they're gay?!?)

If they're so horrible then why are you trying to be just like them?!?
What I am saying is that, most of these guys are very superficial(I am not!), they are totally obssessed with their bodies and all they talk about is protein drinks and supplements, some spent an entire morning at the gym.

I am only saying some of them may be GAY because I have caught 2 of them making out in the shower one SAT morning, these guys were like in their early 20's, very muscular, not gay acting at all, when they saw me coming, they turned beet red. There is another dude that always wears those really tight shorts like the WWF wrestlers, WHY?

I also have witnessed many episodes of "roid rage", guys just randomly flip out because of all the steroid crap they take. I guess, this guy looks a lot like the kind of people I see at my gym. Maybe you find him attractive?

Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,600,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
A lot of you women have misconceptions about guys who lift weights. Not all men do it to "get laid" or impress women. Some do it as a challenge, hobby, for work, for confidence, because its useful doing things, for sports, and a plethora of other reasons. Me personally, I lift weights to help with doing things I otherwise couldn't...just because it has other uses doesn't mean I do it for that particular reason. I enjoy mountain climbing and wouldn't be able to perform at an optimal, or safe level, without keeping in shape. I wouldn't be able to haul a backpack full of food, water, camera gear, and other necessary supplies if I were a weakling or out of shape. Photography is a fun hobby of mine, and in order to take good pictures I need to get to the places where I can do that. No out of shape fatty is getting up a mountain in the winter to take pictures for an hour. In order to stay in decent shape and maintain, or get slightly stronger, I work out about five or six hours a week. Here's a tradeoff for you. I don't watch television at all. Most people watch a couple hours a day which would equate to about fifteen hours a week. You can clearly see where I get the free time to run, lift weights, and enjoy what I really want to do which is climb mountains to take pictures. Just because my body happens to look better and indirectly attract women doesn't mean I do so for that specific purpose.
Men have misconceptions as well, Jason The OP is a man ....

Personally, I think it's great that men lift weights and take care of their bodies...all the better if they do it for themselves and not simply to attract more women.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,600,024 times
Quote:
What I am saying is that, most of these guys are very superficial(I am not!), they are totally obssessed with their bodies and all they talk about is protein drinks and supplements, some spent an entire morning at the gym.

I am only saying some of them may be GAY because I have caught 2 of them making out in the shower one SAT morning, these guys were like in their early 20's, very muscular, not gay acting at all, when they saw me coming, they turned beet red. There is another dude that always wears those really tight shorts like the WWF wrestlers, WHY?

I also have witnessed many episodes of "roid rage", guys just randomly flip out because of all the steroid crap they take. I guess, this guy looks a lot like the kind of people I see at my gym. Maybe you find him attractive?
No, I don't find him particularly attractive. Some women will, I'm sure.

Fact of the matter is that some do it for their own personal reasons, others do it to get laid. To each their own - do it for your own reasons and don't worry about the rest of 'em.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,100,369 times
Quote:

So, it's inappropriate AT THE GYM to talk about protein and supplements? My son is a personal fitness trainer who is heavily into nutrition and his protein and supplements. He comes over to the house and talks about this stuff. Thank you for alerting me to the possibility that he may be a gay douchebag.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,100,369 times
Quote:

No, of course you're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships