Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 PM
 
2,191 posts, read 4,809,449 times
Reputation: 2308

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What I am saying is that, most of these guys are very superficial(I am not!), they are totally obssessed with their bodies and all they talk about is protein drinks and supplements, some spent an entire morning at the gym.

I am only saying some of them may be GAY because I have caught 2 of them making out in the shower one SAT morning, these guys were like in their early 20's, very muscular, not gay acting at all, when they saw me coming, they turned beet red. There is another dude that always wears those really tight shorts like the WWF wrestlers, WHY?

I also have witnessed many episodes of "roid rage", guys just randomly flip out because of all the steroid crap they take. I guess, this guy looks a lot like the kind of people I see at my gym. Maybe you find him attractive?
Why do you care what men in the gym do or for what reasons they work out? As long as they're not interfering with your life, why do you care? I work out, and have friends who do the same and don't notice any of these stereotypes you seem to keep bringing up. Just because some men who work out dress up like vain jerks and flaunt it doesn't mean all men who work out do that. You're associating all men who use the gym with the minority. Its a healthy hobby that has lots of benefits, I don't understand why people would have a problem with that unless they're of the lazy, ice cream eating, couch potato variety. Not all men who work out are diet freaks who stare at themselves in the mirror all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Men have misconceptions as well, Jason The OP is a man ....

Personally, I think it's great that men lift weights and take care of their bodies...all the better if they do it for themselves and not simply to attract more women.
People in general is what I should have said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Maybe you find him attractive?
I find him repulsive, but c'est la vie... I get the impression there isn't much going on between his ears - if anything at all! Of course, that's often the case with these types...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
 
8,411 posts, read 39,274,092 times
Reputation: 6367
EWwww...he is so red. And oily..grosss....nooo yuck yuck yuck....

Kissing in the shower....Yeh...I think they may be gay.
_______________________

C.Bales diet for the machinist was 1 apple and 1 latte a day. And then for batman he claimed to just pig out on everything and anything.To which he loved because he was so hungry and upon starting that batman training the joke was he was "fatman" LOL There were some action shots it the DVD extras where he actually that roundy hard gut in certain moves. He then started training martial arts and weight lifting. He had to lose a few...lol
He had gained 100lbs in 5 months.But his doctors scolded him. He was warned that it was not healthy to gain that much that fast especially after that starvation period. He could of died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
Reputation: 13472
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I find him repulsive, but c'est la vie... I get the impression there isn't much going on between his ears - if anything at all! Of course, that's often the case with these types...
I think he went overboard with the spray tan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 PM
 
8,411 posts, read 39,274,092 times
Reputation: 6367
He went overboard with A LOT of things....oil, bleach, roids....yuck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,661,731 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?

Muscles to girls is like boobs and ass to guys. You should take advantage of the female attention. On that other stuff, you talking about.. I don't know what to tell you. Why are you looking at other men in the shower for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
 
1,801 posts, read 3,556,236 times
Reputation: 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
EWwww...he is so red. And oily..grosss....nooo yuck yuck yuck....

Kissing in the shower....Yeh...I think they may be gay.
_______________________

C.Bales diet for the machinist was 1 apple and 1 latte a day. And then for batman he claimed to just pig out on everything and anything.To which he loved because he was so hungry and upon starting that batman training the joke was he was "fatman" LOL There were some action shots it the DVD extras where he actually that roundy hard gut in certain moves. He then started training martial arts and weight lifting. He had to lose a few...lol
He had gained 100lbs in 5 months.But his doctors scolded him. He was warned that it was not healthy to gain that much that fast especially after that starvation period. He could of died.
Now that's a professional actor (maybe too professional, apparently!).

And yep, they guy in the pic is oily and... The clothes, the cleavage... Eeeww Besides, as I said I prefer the rower or the swimmer kind of muscles. This said, I agree with what Jason28 commented: at least those who regularly hit the gym and take care of their nutrition are pursuing a healthy hobby and exercising their self-discipline, which is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM
 
4,483 posts, read 5,334,011 times
Reputation: 2967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
A lot of you women have misconceptions about guys who lift weights. Not all men do it to "get laid" or impress women. Some do it as a challenge, hobby, for work, for confidence, because its useful doing things, for sports, and a plethora of other reasons.
^ This.

I wrote here recently about men in their 40s who ditched drinking, cigarettes, and who turned pot bellies into six-packs and who built impressive physiques. Yes, there is a vanity factor to it, but it's also about HEALTH. To get a fit body, one must not only lift weights & do cardio; one must absolutely eat properly. The more one learns about fitness and sports nutrition, the more one learns how the average American's diet is packed with garbage.

I no longer eat candy, chocolate, muffins, ice cream, etc; I rarely drink soda. I'll allow for an occasional splurge, but I emphasize OCCASIONAL.

So, as Jason28 says, it's not just to get women in the sack.

As for me: I've been lifting weights regularly for almost 4 straight years and while I'm not cut (I'm in the middle of what we in the bodybuilding/weightlifting world call a "bulk") I have put on a lot of muscle, added thickness to my torso, widened my shoulders, and now have chest muscles that are actually noticeable.

In recent time, I've noticed these improvements help me get a foot in the door, and I now get a small glimpse of what it's like to be a good-looking woman.

Yes, there were women who were not impressed with my body, but there were some who not only liked how I looked when clothed but also, ahem.

Even my best friend's ex-girlfriend, whom I had to meet not too long ago as a mediator in an exchange of goods after their breakup, admitted to me that something she had not liked much about him was that he has very narrow shoulders and doesn't look manly. She admitted that she found me more attractive, physically speaking, because of my build. (disclaimer: their breakup had nothing to do with me, and I've been unsuccessfully trying to get him to start lifting for quite some time now. He's a lazy bum and he won't lift weights.)

And I for one do not fit the stereotype of the musclehead idiot. I love to read, I have a knack for the study of languages, I follow international relations, enjoy traveling to foreign destinations, etc. Yes, I'll devote energy and time to weightlifting and to proper nutrition, but that's more of a lifestyle than an obsession. It's what we lifters call "civilians" who misjudge based on their ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:53 PM
 
Location: So Cal
52,306 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Reputation: 52804
I don't really agree here. Most females I know don't really care about having "muscles" most chicks just seem like if your in shape and have a basic or normal amount of muscle.

I've been muscular and normal and chubby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 PM
 
5,324 posts, read 6,105,505 times
Reputation: 4110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
^ This.

I wrote here recently about men in their 40s who ditched drinking, cigarettes, and who turned pot bellies into six-packs and who built impressive physiques. Yes, there is a vanity factor to it, but it's also about HEALTH. To get a fit body, one must not only lift weights & do cardio; one must absolutely eat properly. The more one learns about fitness and sports nutrition, the more one learns how the average American's diet is packed with garbage.

I no longer eat candy, chocolate, muffins, ice cream, etc; I rarely drink soda. I'll allow for an occasional splurge, but I emphasize OCCASIONAL.

So, as Jason28 says, it's not just to get women in the sack.

As for me: I've been lifting weights regularly for almost 4 straight years and while I'm not cut (I'm in the middle of what we in the bodybuilding/weightlifting world call a "bulk") I have put on a lot of muscle, added thickness to my torso, widened my shoulders, and now have chest muscles that are actually noticeable.

In recent time, I've noticed these improvements help me get a foot in the door, and I now get a small glimpse of what it's like to be a good-looking woman.

Yes, there were women who were not impressed with my body, but there were some who not only liked how I looked when clothed but also, ahem.

Even my best friend's ex-girlfriend, whom I had to meet not too long ago as a mediator in an exchange of goods after their breakup, admitted to me that something she had not liked much about him was that he has very narrow shoulders and doesn't look manly. She admitted that she found me more attractive, physically speaking, because of my build. (disclaimer: their breakup had nothing to do with me, and I've been unsuccessfully trying to get him to start lifting for quite some time now. He's a lazy bum and he won't lift weights.)

And I for one do not fit the stereotype of the musclehead idiot. I love to read, I have a knack for the study of languages, I follow international relations, enjoy traveling to foreign destinations, etc. Yes, I'll devote energy and time to weightlifting and to proper nutrition, but that's more of a lifestyle than an obsession. It's what we lifters call "civilians" who misjudge based on their ignorance.
Good point juding people on how they look is stupid but we all do it,im sure ive seen some huge guy pas me by and say look at that meathead without knowing him and its totally wrong..

As far as youre buddys ex thats sounds like she was interested in you while they were goign out..Plus why would she go out with someobdy she wasnt physically attracted to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top