Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:59 PM

225 posts, read 644,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
There is no formula for what women (or men, for that matter) want. Assuming the women who are looking at you are attractive, they could be admiring you and you should take it as a complement. If they aren't your type, oh well. When ladies stop looking at you is when you should be concerned.

Now.... if your arms are like John Sena's.....

The city I live in has a large gay population and quite a few work out at my gym. They're very open, so it seems strange that anyone would be closeted nowadays.

As a female, I don't generally define men as douchebags. Maybe rude or self centered, but that generally clears up when they mature and begin taking on family roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 01:04 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

I also have witnessed many episodes of "roid rage", guys just randomly flip out because of all the steroid crap they take. I guess, this guy looks a lot like the kind of people I see at my gym. Maybe you find him attractive?
When I was a lot younger, late teens, early 20's. I used to spend a lot of time at the gym, used to be able to bench 300 pounds. I was quite proud of myself, at the time anyways.

I was trying to bench more and thought briefly about steroids, that is until I started to hear stories about how it can weaken some of the connective tissues in your ligaments and when guys were working out, they'd actually rip some of the muscles and tendons off of the bone.

That cured me of that idea.

Not to mention the whole penis and testicle shrinkage.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When I was a lot younger, late teens, early 20's. I used to spend a lot of time at the gym, used to be able to bench 300 pounds. I was quite proud of myself, at the time anyways.

I was trying to bench more and thought briefly about steroids, that is until I started to hear stories about how it can weaken some of the connective tissues in your ligaments and when guys were working out, they'd actually rip some of the muscles and tendons off of the bone.

That cured me of that idea.

Not to mention the whole penis and testicle shrinkage.
It all about how good you look in dress shirts and pants, with those cool formal shoes

I'm more interested in personality than muscles. Muscles don't fetch a dude personality.

Personally, I spend nearly 50 hours a week in corporate affairs. There's no way I'm gonna walk around in double polos, monday to friday

Old 12-18-2009, 01:11 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Oh no 2mares, that just may be the comment to push Urb over the edge- into calling- that plastic surgeon for pectoral implants!

Dunno if you've looked at my profile photos, but pectoral implants are the LAST thing I need!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Dunno if you've looked at my profile photos, but pectoral implants are the LAST thing I need!
You piqued my interest, so I HAD to look at your pics. I thought perhaps you had man-boobs, but you don't ... and your little guy is a CUTIE PIE!!!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:16 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Nope; 50 inches of pectoral farm-boy and soldier!

I won't pretend I don't need to lose weight, clearly I do. But pec implants?

Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You piqued my interest, so I HAD to look at your pics. I thought perhaps you had man-boobs, but you don't ... and your little guy is a CUTIE PIE!!!!!
LOL Me too. Curiosity killed the cat, ya know.

And they're called MOOBS

Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Nope; 50 inches of pectoral farm-boy and soldier!

I won't pretend I don't need to lose weight, clearly I do. But pec implants?
Nah, you don't need the implants, Urban

Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Women feel protected in the presence of a buff dude, simple.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
LOL Me too. Curiosity killed the cat, ya know.

And they're called MOOBS
I don't know! You gotta "hip me to the lingo"!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships