Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:23 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't know! You gotta "hip me to the lingo"!!!
Hey, I just recently found out myself! My son, of all people, had to clue me in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 01:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
When you cut through all the B.S. about personalities, income, status, etc. and get right down to the bare bones of human attraction, women just love men with attractive, fit, muscular bodies. That is why.

Oftentimes, you'll hear women make up stories in their own mind using their imagination by saying things like "oh, guys who workout are vain..." or "I dont want to deal with the muscleheads...", "....dont want a guy who is prettier than me...."; "usually there are problems with guys who workout a lot....." etc. This is stupid, sad, and pathetic because these women get all in a rant of how they think the guy might be a jerk and they dont even know him, thuse judging a person solely on how they look and what they think he must be like. Talk about judging a book by its cover. But when you cut down to asking the women "from a pure physical attraction standpoint, are you more attracted to fit muscular guys or regular/skinny/fat guys?". Most honest women would say "HELL YEAH I prefer the muscular/fit/athletic guy." The exceptions being your jaded overweight women who can never get a guy like this. They would say "Oh I dont really like muscular guys..." or "I prefer rounder guys..." or something similar to help make themselves feel better.

Can you say rant.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Good point juding people on how they look is stupid but we all do it,im sure ive seen some huge guy pas me by and say look at that meathead without knowing him and its totally wrong..

As far as youre buddys ex thats sounds like she was interested in you while they were goign out..Plus why would she go out with someobdy she wasnt physically attracted to?
She never said she found him not to be physically unattractive. She did say she found his narrow shoulders unattractive and had gently asked him to work out to broaden his shoulders. He in his perennial laziness never started working out.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
When you cut through all the B.S. about personalities, income, status, etc. and get right down to the bare bones of human attractiveness, women just love men with attractive, fit, muscular bodies. That is why.
Yep.

A much younger woman I was with recently said to me she loves men with broad shoulders because to her that's what sets men apart from women.

If looking like Gumby turned women on, there wouldn't be any gyms.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
What about the women that do NOT go to the gym? Do you think they like muscular guys? If you want a muscular guy, then you'd go to the gym to find him. If you want someone more intellectual, you go to the library....and so on and so on and so on.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:32 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I love fit gym guys, especially the sorts who don't look like a gym rat in regular clothing. The type with enough chest, back and shoulders to look like they simply carry themselves a little better than the average man... (and then if you get lucky enough to see them without a shirt, they are smoking hot).

I'm a gym rat myself and yes I do look at the guys when I'm lifting. I try to keep it subtle though!

Old 12-18-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oftentimes, you'll hear women make up stories in their own mind using their imagination by saying things like "oh, guys who workout are vain..." or "I dont want to deal with the muscleheads...", "....dont want a guy who is prettier than me...."; "usually there are problems with guys who workout a lot....." etc. This is stupid, sad, and pathetic because these women get all in a rant of how they think the guy might be a jerk and they dont even know him, thuse judging a person solely on how they look and what they think he must be like. Talk about judging a book by its cover. But when you cut down to asking the women "from a pure physical attraction standpoint, are you more attracted to fit muscular guys or regular/skinny/fat guys?". Most honest women would say "HELL YEAH I prefer the muscular/fit/athletic guy." The exceptions being your jaded overweight women who can never get a guy like this. They would say "Oh I dont really like muscular guys..." or "I prefer rounder guys..." or something similar to help make themselves feel better.
I have no patience for overweight women who are hypersensitive about their weight and yet eat carelessly and do not exercise.

Anyone, man or woman, who is very insecure about being fat or overweight, but will not start an exercise regimen and will not eat a healthy diet has nobody but themselves to blame for their weight. With latitude given to those w/ hormonal problems or endomorphs, anybody who could be in shape but is fat gets absolutely no sympathy from me. If you don't like being fat, stop eating garbage, start lifting weights and cardio, and stick with it.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
There are just as many women that like tall slender men that like the guys with muscles. It's probably about even. I am not muscular but I am in shape.

Women don't seem to be an issue for me.

I think that women who go to gyms have a tendency to admire the men who are in the gym, just as men who go to gyms have a tendency to admire the women there. It's a question of preference - women who like muscular men will admire them when they're in the gym (same for men who like fit or muscular women), so the OP gets looked at even though he's not trying. Great for him.

BTW, I'm not in shape, but I am muscular.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you understand why men are so attracted to big boobys?
Just 'cause??

Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Mine come from my job and are natural. I do a lot of heavy lifting at work and it just happened. I belong to a gym but only occasionally go. It isn't for women, fun or to show off. It is for money and you don't have a choice. I put 4'x4'x3" concrete slabs in the back of my van by myself. I don't know exactly how heavy they are but I know they are at least 250 pounds. Failure is not an option, the job must get done. I have been at bars before by myself (yes I know not cool) and overheard women talking to their rude BF or SO. Do you see that quiet guy over there? He could kick your a**! LOL........ Just leave me be and let me drink my pop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships