Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
When you cut through all the B.S. about personalities, income, status, etc. and get right down to the bare bones of human attraction, women just love men with attractive, fit, muscular bodies. That is why.

Oftentimes, you'll hear women make up stories in their own mind using their imagination by saying things like "oh, guys who workout are vain..." or "I dont want to deal with the muscleheads...", "....dont want a guy who is prettier than me...."; "usually there are problems with guys who workout a lot....." etc. This is stupid, sad, and pathetic because these women get all in a rant of how they think the guy might be a jerk and they dont even know him, thuse judging a person solely on how they look and what they think he must be like. Talk about judging a book by its cover. But when you cut down to asking the women "from a pure physical attraction standpoint, are you more attracted to fit muscular guys or regular/skinny/fat guys?". Most honest women would say "HELL YEAH I prefer the muscular/fit/athletic guy." The exceptions being your jaded overweight women who can never get a guy like this. They would say "Oh I dont really like muscular guys..." or "I prefer rounder guys..." or something similar to help make themselves feel better.

Can you say rant.

Maybe theryes actually women who prefer different things?

No offense but u sound like an arrogant muscle head some of these people are talking about saying theyres no way every women isnt attracted to you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
Sounding bad never looked so good eh Lao!

Old 12-18-2009, 04:20 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Maybe theryes actually women who prefer different things?

No offense but u sound like an arrogant muscle head some of these people are talking about saying theyres no way every women isnt attracted to you..

Hi JBT1980,

Regardless I think muscular definition is almost universal. Its not make or break ,but its a big plus.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi max's mama,

I think perhaps you may be talking about size. Toned? Did you like my internet dating profile?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post10833038
He is alright. Nothing to rave about.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:23 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?
I think it depends on what KIND of gym you go to; LA Fitness, 24 Hour fitness, and others are more or less social centers where people with nice sexy bodies can meet up with each other and drink protein shakes afterwords.

However, if you go to a REAL gym I doubt you will see what you described above. BTW, there are MANY women that don't like guys with muscle.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been going to the gym about 4-5 times a week lately. I mainly run but I do weights at least 3 times a week. Until about a year ago, my biceps and forearms were just average but for the last 3 months, they have developed a lot, although I am not yet ripped

One thing I have noticed is that, females at the gym give a lot of attention to muscular guys and I always catch some female watching me when I am doing my weights, even when I am not trying to impress anybody.

I just wanted to understand why so many women are attracted to muscular men? I mean, a lot of muscular guys at my gym are total douches, have no personalities, very self-centered, I even think some may be closet gays.

Is it because women feel secure when they see a muscular man or what?

I'm a lifelong gym rat and have been a personal trainer for 6 years. So, basically I reckon I've spent about 4-5 days a week in a gym for the last 15 years. And I gotta say that I've never really noticed women paying more attention to, or seeming to be more attracted to, muscular men than, say, guys with wiry or lanky builds--like me.
Rather, it's been my experience that health clubs are merely microcosms of the dating and singles scene at large, i.e. handsome or charming or funny & friendly guys probably fare better that dim, ugly, morose fatties. So..I dunno, maybe it depends on the kind of gym you got to. Do a lot of strippers go to your gym? I ask because I played AA minor league baseball in Vegas for two seasons and the gym I went to was absolutely infested with strippers. Now, THEY seemed to prefer the muslce heads, but I simply chalked this up to their overall shallow, superfluous personalities and values.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
my best friend is short fat and bald and not as affluent as me and women chase him up and down the street.
when you get it figured out you are going to be a very rich man and will no longer have time to post on CDF.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
my best friend is short fat and bald and not as affluent as me and women chase him up and down the street.
when you get it figured out you are going to be a very rich man and will no longer have time to post on CDF.
Perhaps, just perhaps , he has a different attitude!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:47 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Dunno if you've looked at my profile photos, but pectoral implants are the LAST thing I need!
Man, you got me there!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:53 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,307,654 times
I go to Lifetime Fitness and I don't think that place is full of strippers, in Vegas, I can understand it, but this is more of a typical suburb of Minneapolis.

I think this whole muscle thing though gets to your head after a while, I am far from being an *******, arrogant or full of myself but when I am running or doing weights, it seems like everybody is trying to outperform everybody and I see a total battle of egos sometimes.

There was this blonde dude at my gym, he would always wear these really tight shorts and a weightlifting belt. Anyways, he would walk around like the gym was HIS, and he would be telling people what to do and stuff, maybe we are all a bunch of insecure little ***** deep inside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships