Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:46 PM

994 posts, read 1,540,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I think so. I'm 21 & a senior in college & in my 4yrs here, I've noticed that the white boys do look at the black chicks. However, because my university is Christian & conservative, it is very much a "look but don't touch/forbidden fruit" type of thing.

I think that black women would have a much easier time dating if they opened up their options not only to white men but to ALL men. Race should never be a deciding factor. If the man has a kind heart, loves, & respects you, then should it matter if he's black, white, Latino, or Asian? No. Life is too short for people to be making judgments on people based off the color of their skin.

I have also noticed that when white men do date black women, they tend to go out for the darker-toned sistas. My older sister dated a white guy for a long time (2 yrs) but they broke up because the relationship became long-distance. But yes, I believe that white men are attracted to black women. Why wouldn't they be? We're sexy!
Chanteuse,

Of course, many of us are sexy. Mainstream society constantly appropriates many features and attributes that many black women naturally have - curvy bodies (and I don't mean obese or overweight; when we are in shape, many of us have natural curvature); full lips (that many women buy now); full hips and round behinds (again, that many other women have injected or wear padded panties to achieve these days).

Plus, many white women know that black women, in general, age better. We can be well into our 30s, 40s, 50s and even 60s and still not have crows feet or laugh lines. Women at work tell me all the time that I could pass for a college student and ask me what "our" (black women's) secret is (regarding aging).

Old 12-19-2009, 01:59 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post

So, do white guys really find the blonde, blue-eyed "girl next door type" as an ideal or are they conditioned to believe it is? I believe many white men do find black women all across the board - from Halle Berry to Kenya Moore to many looks in between totally interesting, if not attractive.

For the sake of self-disclosure, years ago, I dated white guys. I think Harry Connick Jr. is hot, but I find black men most beautiful of all. In fact, the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice for me!
I think it just is what it is. You prefer black guys. People can't help who they are drawn to.

I prefer white girls and latina's, I can't help it. I do see other females such as blacks or asians, but I'm just not drawn to them the same way.

Even within that group that I like I like them built a certain way. I prefer them shorter with lots of meat on the bones. Not fat, but curvy or thick as some of the brothas say

I've in the past kind of got on myself about it, thinking that it is bad to be so specific. But over that couple of yrs, I've pretty much said f$$$ it. It's just the way I'm wired.

Besides, Mrs. Chow knows who the "enemy" is.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:03 PM

994 posts, read 1,540,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think it just is what it is. You prefer black guys. People can't help who they are drawn to.

I prefer white girls and latina's, I can't help it. I do see other females such as blacks or asians, but I'm just not drawn to them the same way.

Even within that group that I like I like them built a certain way. I prefer them shorter with lots of meat on the bones. Not fat, but curvy or thick as some of the brothas say

I've in the past kind of got on myself about it, thinking that it is bad to be so specific. But over that couple of yrs, I've pretty much said f$$$ it. It's just the way I'm wired.

Besides, Mrs. Chow knows who the "enemy" is.
Chowhound,

You're right. We're attracted to whomever fits our ideal in whatever way appeals to us. However, even that said, I have issues with people who aren't attracted to anyone who represents their own race - say, black men who claim they don't like black women at all, for example. To me, that denotes deeper issues that have nothing to do with basic aesthetic preferences.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
You'll find that this transcends all races of men & women (for that matter). I dated a Hispanic guy & an Indian guy. The Hispanic guy def. had a fetish, he kept saying how he loved my feet & that my skin was so dark & chocolatey...it was weird to say the least...

I think that whenever people date outside of their race, they should consider (not at 1st) if the potential partner has "jungle fever" (in this case) or if it's for real. But don't be paranoid LOL!!

See, told ya

Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think for some reason black chicks seem to be more "loyal" to black men, for lack of a better term.

No offense to black folks, but I think in some ways there is more pressure for black females to avoid white guys, mainly family pressure. I know it exists on the white side as well.

I know this might sound stupid, but what about the whole power dynamic back in the day when the white slave owners would rape the women. Maybe I'm way off base here, but maybe there is something buried deep down about this sort of dynamic between white men and black women.
As a BM just to chime in, this is a more of a half truth than it is a reality. In the black community it is somewhat of a negative taboo to marry interracially--particularly with anyone white. This is less of any issue for other groups, especially when it comes to Latinos such as Puerto Ricans or Dominicans. People within our community rarely view this as something anagalous as anything stereotypically "interracial."

But my overall point is, is that there is pretty much pressure around the board for both sexes to marry within the race. Despite what some might say on here, BM in particular are bombarded with the message that dating interracially is "selling out" "implying disdain for your mother" as well as your "community" and buying into "Eurocentrism" and the "white standard of beauty." Not to mention the legacy of serial lynching , Jim Crow and Emmit Til. These are all social mechanisms to keep you at bay that are taught to you from day one either directly from family members or popular culture in movies, books, stories etc. And suffice to say, most BM that I know who will not interracially date will regurgitate one of these very reasons.

Now personally, growing up, I have never heard of anyone in the black community pressuring black women to date and marry within their race for the reasons listed above (excpetion being that idea of slaves being raped.) However, I do believe that an IR couple that does include a BW would endorse some pretty funny looks by virtue of the different culutres and races meshing, but there isn't a negative stigma attached in the same fashion as the reverse imo.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
I think Vanessa Williams is pretty hot. Would I marry her or date her? No, but she is fun to look at.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:08 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
I think with a lot of white dudes, and maybe just dudes in general, dating a non-white chick is like an exotic change of pace. There are always those comments about "you know how those *insert race* chicks are in the sack."

Old 12-19-2009, 02:09 PM

233 posts, read 743,825 times
This post is an attempt at promoting the beauty of black women, nothing more nothing less.

As far as white guys being attracted to black girls, its far from the norm and I will tell you why. Most of the white guys I know are educated and doing good for themselves. They want to find someone similar to themselves. A large percentage of black girls compared to other races/ethnicities are uneducated. In addition to this, many white guys will not put up with the loud, obnoxious behavior that a lot (not all) of black girls have.

I would date black girls but I can't seem to find one that has these attributes: attractive, in shape, EDUCATED, and not annoying/loud/obnoxious/attitude. These attributes together as a whole are much more easy to find in white girls. There are black girls that have all of the above attributes but there's just not a lot of them around.

The only black girls I have dated have been Brazilian girls.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I think Vanessa Williams is pretty hot. Would I marry her or date her? No, but she is fun to look at.
That's how I felt about Christina Applegate years ago but no interest in dating her.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Chowhound,

You're right. We're attracted to whomever fits our ideal in whatever way appeals to us. However, even that said, I have issues with people who aren't attracted to anyone who represents their own race - say, black men who claim they don't like black women at all, for example. To me, that denotes deeper issues that have nothing to do with basic aesthetic preferences.
Maybe, I'm not a sociologist or a head shrinker, Maybe it is just aesthetic preferences, maybe its some deeper thing about not likings one's race or culture. I don't know.

There might be more at play here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships