Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:13 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I think with a lot of white dudes, and maybe just dudes in general, dating a non-white chick is like an exotic change of pace. There are always those comments about "you know how those *insert race* chicks are in the sack."
Yeah, your basic jungle fever thing at work here. It's kind of the same about say, American chicks hearing some foreign guy speak. Oh, isn't that British guy's accent great.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:13 PM

994 posts, read 1,542,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I think Vanessa Williams is pretty hot. Would I marry her or date her? No, but she is fun to look at.
Why? Society? Family? Cultural incompatibility?

Old 12-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
This post is an attempt at promoting the beauty of black women, nothing more nothing less.
Who's post? Your assessment certainly doesn't capture my intent in creating this thread. Someone, however, mentioned how "sexy" black women can be and I enumerated reasons why I agree.

You must watch a lot of TV to have so many stereotypical views of black women - loud, uneducated, obnoxious.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:18 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
This post is an attempt at promoting the beauty of black women, nothing more nothing less.

As far as white guys being attracted to black girls, its far from the norm and I will tell you why. Most of the white guys I know are educated and doing good for themselves. They want to find someone similar to themselves. A large percentage of black girls compared to other races/ethnicities are uneducated. In addition to this, many white guys will not put up with the loud, obnoxious behavior that a lot (not all) of black girls have.

I would date black girls but I can't seem to find one that has these attributes: attractive, in shape, EDUCATED, and not annoying/loud/obnoxious/attitude. These attributes together as a whole are much more easy to find in white girls. There are black girls that have all of the above attributes but there's just not a lot of them around.

The only black girls I have dated have been Brazilian girls.
I think you are over generalizing black chicks. You make it sound like most black chicks are rocking the "Ghetto fabulous" thing.

I've dealt plenty of educated and smart black women through work.

It's almost like saying most of the whites down in the south live in trailers and wear wife beaters. True, yes it does exist, but is it the majority.

I don't think so.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:19 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,563,354 times
If you are good looking men of ALL races will be attracted to you.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:19 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,259,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Why? Society? Family? Cultural incompatibility?
I wouldn't have a chance with her. LOL....... White girls and Hispanics are my thing. Maybe the reason I'm attracted to her is she has some Caucasian features?

Old 12-19-2009, 02:21 PM

313 posts, read 407,109 times
Quote:
Chowhound,

You're right. We're attracted to whomever fits our ideal in whatever way appeals to us. However, even that said, I have issues with people who aren't attracted to anyone who represents their own race - say, black men who claim they don't like black women at all, for example. To me, that denotes deeper issues that have nothing to do with basic aesthetic preferences.
It sounds like you are the one with deeper issues. I am not saying this to try and be mean or rude, but, you say you understand that people are attracted to what ever appeals to them, as long as the still find the attraction in their own race. you cant have it both ways. either they should be attracted to their race, or they should be attracted to what ever they find attractive.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I wouldn't have a chance with her. LOL....... White girls and Hispanics are my thing. Maybe the reason I'm attracted to her is she has some Caucasian features?
Could be! Most American blacks have 15-25 percent European ancestry. Some of us have more, some less.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:23 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,905,365 times
Your comment about aggressiveness reminded me of this article someone posted recently.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/ny...ty/05chas.html

Anyways. I noticed when I lived in NoVa, you were more likely to see a black women with white men, (and black men with white women for that matter) than a black/black relationship. I'm not sure if this contributed to it or not, but I also noticed that the majority of black women in the area were of a body style typically found in white women, and white women were of a body style typically found in black women where I'm originally from down south.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:25 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,035,131 times
Quote:
Could be! Most American blacks have 15-25 percent European ancestry. Some of us have more, some less.
Hi hautemomma, originally I answered your question but why are you quoting information that most Americans know or are familiar with? Is this an attempt to start a flame post on black women in the US? I'm not attacking I'm just wondering. Because it seems like we're steering off topic now.

signed,
a confused black woman??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.