Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,029,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I just did. No color issues with me. I like sistas of every color.
As do I, but this isn't a predominantly African American forum.

I've seen BM express interest in BW of a lighter hue, and have been accused that they like that woman only because of her hue. However if a WM liked the same woman, then he was given respect for being "open" about it.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,722,662 times
Yes I do think there are a lot of white men that don't exclude looking at black women, and I think much of it is our natural tendency for genetic reasons to pair up with someone different. And if you've been to certain towns in Alabama and seen what I have, genetic diversity is a good thing I reckon.

I remember in high school, I knew a brilliantly beautiful black girl known for deflowering virgins. She told me "I wasn't a real man till I had the black ink" and in retrospect I wish I had found out for myself.

However in general I am not really attracted to black women, but I'd never rule it out. A lot of them seem to be into the gangsta culture with the sassy salty talk, trashy clothes, tattoos, rap music, etc. and none of that appeals to me at all. That said, I don't find gangsta white gals any more attractive.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:26 PM

324 posts, read 863,949 times
this is purely my opinion and based on my limited experience. But it seems more of a curiousity...The forbidden fruit so to speak. Rarely do they want to marry or take it to the next level , But there are always exceptions..

Old 12-19-2009, 04:32 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,371,551 times
In general, most open minded Men are attracted to attractive females who show class, style & beauty requardless of race.

If I ever watch the Miss Universe pageant, it's like a menu where I'd like to try one from each country.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:19 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,052,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
This is my own assessment along with the many white friends I have. I would say we have interacted with hundreds of black girls in the southern california area from many different socioeconomic levels. This is just our assesement. It might be different in other parts of the country. Every black girl I meet does not live in the stereotypical areas such as compton south L.A. etc. by the way. This is not the case for most of the ones I meet.

Read my post again. It is very hard to find a black girl with all the attributes I described above. Maybe southern california doesn't have a big enough black population?

What is also funny is that my male black friends say the exact same thing as me.
I have lived in SoCal myself and I can honestly say that it's hard to find a decent girl in that area because it's such a fast paced life out there. From what I could gather, the good girls could be found in pockets of various cities (e.g., Walnut,Ca or Diamond bar, Ca) that were just out of reach of all the inner city crime.

Not to say that you can't find good girls in downtown LA, but the fact that you are a product of your environment, and the fact that many people can't afford to move into better neighborhoods, unfortunately might cause their children to suffer the consequence.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 PM

26 posts, read 125,048 times
Ppl are attracted to everyone...I wonder why you would care though especially since you are married? Im black ive been with hispanic ,white and dark skinned latinos only . It's not something i think about like ohhh is a white guy looking at me it just something that happens. I havent dated a black man because a black man hasnt approached me . I would love to be with one if the opportunity presented itself. BTW Im a black bbw.Im currently being "Stalked" by this arab guy in the local supermarket he follows me and asks me out constantly. Ive been approached by a asian guy in Atlantic City he asked me out told me i was his dream girl etc. I get asked out by alot of arab guys for some reason.I have no clue why but they seem to love me . I havent had many experiences with white guys...Some i think are cute. I dated one for about a week but when we kissed i was turned off...His lips were so tiny lol I was like ehhh what am i doing It was so awkward and all he was trying to do was bang me and i wasnt even about to go there....but guess what that same guy not even a week later started dating my friend Ebony and they are happily married . Im very happy for them its been like 6 years now.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,215,788 times
Oh boy not this stuff again. You really need to get out more.......

Yeah, I don't like white women because many of them seem to be into going to a Klan rally. Did that make any sense? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yes I do think there are a lot of white men that don't exclude looking at black women, and I think much of it is our natural tendency for genetic reasons to pair up with someone different. And if you've been to certain towns in Alabama and seen what I have, genetic diversity is a good thing I reckon.

I remember in high school, I knew a brilliantly beautiful black girl known for deflowering virgins. She told me "I wasn't a real man till I had the black ink" and in retrospect I wish I had found out for myself.

However in general I am not really attracted to black women, but I'd never rule it out. A lot of them seem to be into the gangsta culture with the sassy salty talk, trashy clothes, tattoos, rap music, etc. and none of that appeals to me at all. That said, I don't find gangsta white gals any more attractive.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,599,381 times
not many. but that is the beauty of it. there are many very desirable black women out there, and the divorce stats speak very well of them. i have known several very happy WM BF couples.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,613,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
I am a married black woman - married to a fine, sexy, intelligent, hardworking black man.

However, I work in a very corporate environment, live in a predominantly white neighborhood and am the only or among the few black people in certain settings I regularly frequent.

In general, I am not particularly attracted to white men. However, I am beginning to pick up on vibes that suggest that a good number of white men I encounter on the job or at the gym are interested in, curious about or attracted to me. A complication is that I will entertain such men in what I perceive as innocuous, innocent conversation, only to retell an account of it to my husband or friends, and they say, "He was trying to hit on you!" or "He must want 'some.'" Or something to that effect.

It is very easy for me to tell when a black man is interested in me or has an attraction. Perhaps it is a familiarity with certain cultural cues; however, black men, in general, seem more up front than white men, who seem to have more of an indirect, round-about way of expressing themselves in these terms.

I am wondering . . . are many white men really attracted to black women? It certainly isn't something you see much of or hear much about. It's okay to openly lust after the blonde-haired, blue-eyed white woman but not so much after the caramel-colored, full-lips, curvy black woman with high cheekbones and long dreadlocks, you know?

Any thoughts here? I am rambling now!
I have dated several black women, I am white. Please forgive me for sounding prejudiced but I am not attracted to black women for the most part. Im not saying all black women IMO are ugly and unattractive. Quite the contrary I have met some extremely beautiful black women. I just haven't felt a real connection with one emotionally speaking

If I were however to have the opportunity to date a beautiful intelligent black woman, I would take it. I'm a pretty open minded guy, Im not racist I hate everybody equally

Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 AM

437 posts, read 675,895 times
Men are attracted to women, period. Sure, some of us like certain ethnic groups (Asian for me) but you still have to have the basic "goods." A fat, ugly, and obnoxious Asian woman will have no chance with me for example.

I do think that black women are not as seen as attractive as other women, often for reasons of their own making (btw, these are generalizations yet often hold true):

1. black women are more likely to be loud and obnoxious
2. black women are more likely to be raised by a single mother and thus lack appreciation for good men or see men in general with hostility.
3. high levels of obesity (although in the US, it seems most ethnic groups have this)
4. professional and educated black women, doing so much better than many of their black brothers, use their education and success as cudgels against men in general in what I consider a d*** measuring contest. Sorry, not interested.
5. lots of single mothers among African Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.