Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:21 AM

437 posts, read 675,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think more and more white and other men are starting to become interested in black females. I think that black women and starting to become in positions of power and in general seem to be doing better in society.

I think to some degree the media is now starting to show black and other non-whites in more of a positive way. Maybe its just me, not doing any kind of "study" LOL.

In some ways it seems "cool" to be black.

BTW, I've been noticing the black ladies alot myself. I'm in a relationship so nothing would come of it though.
I don't think it's so much that white men are becoming more interested in black women. Rather, as black women move into more professional roles, they are rubbing elbows more with white men and thus the possibility for romance increases. If anything, I think it's the other way around: based on the perception that there are "no good black men" (a myth btw), black women are expanding their romantic possibilities by checking out white men.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM

You are certainly onto something - the slavery dynamic keeps many black women at bay, especially those who are educated and well-informed about history and current events. I've even had black girlfriends say they can't be with white men because "it's like slavery" or "akin to being raped like a slave." So, yes, that is a very deep, but seldom discussed, thread.

Those people are idiots. Slavery is 140 years and seven generations dead. GTF OVER IT!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:26 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Ugh. Parts of this conversation have gotten kinda ugly so Im going to ignore those and focus on my response.

Attraction is definitely an individual thing but I can attest that I have met and dated many white men that were attracted to black women, even going out of their way to meet and marry them. I myself married a white man that had been in two long-term relationships with black women prior to me and while he ddn't really notice us growing up, once he got a taste, it opened his eyes.

Also, many of his friends are attracted to black women and would love the chance to date us but are usually intimidated, assuming black women would not be interested.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 AM

590 posts, read 1,013,260 times
LOL. Only here in America a question like this would arise. Anyway, I don't care what's your color, background, race. If you look good and take care of yourself, I am attracted.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM

Plus, many white women know that black women, in general, age better. We can be well into our 30s, 40s, 50s and even 60s and still not have crows feet or laugh lines. Women at work tell me all the time that I could pass for a college student and ask me what "our" (black women's) secret is (regarding aging).

Oh really? Here's a white guy who has NEVER heard that one before. I find that most white and black women tend to age the same: poorly.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Oh really? Here's a white guy who has NEVER heard that one before. I find that most white and black women tend to age the same: poorly.
Well you need to get out more, that's common knowledge.

As to the question, are many white men attracted to black women?

Yeah, we are. At least where I'm from there is just no compelling reason (as an individual) to become a martyr and break the de facto social segregation between blacks and whites. Nor do I see black women making this effort either.

Last edited by le roi; 01-29-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Back on a positive note, I'm a white male. I've seen women of all races, colors and creeds I've been attracted to over my relatively significant life span. I've lived in three Asian countries and find Asian women quite alluring. I've lived, mostly, in California and in addition to the CA ideal (beach babes) have also found many Hispanic women to be very sexy. Again in CA and especially in the six southern states in which I've lived I've seen and admired absolutely gorgeous black women. Now I'm living, for the second time, in the mid-West albeit it the lower part. The Nordic stock in MN was enticing and the lovely women in AR and MO are to be admired.

So what does it all boil down to? I'm married to a caucasian now and was married to another before. If I were to be in a position to marry again I'd likely opt for the same pool of prospects. That fits my comfort level. However, if I was single and a player I'd be an equal opportunity flirter and explorer.

I truly think comfort level is what it all comes down to in the end -- what are you used to, how will you/they fit in with one another's working and social life and who/what are you most attracted to in the end. Of course, there are always those who want to make a statement. I just don't happen to be one of them.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
This post is an attempt at promoting the beauty of black women, nothing more nothing less.

As far as white guys being attracted to black girls, its far from the norm and I will tell you why. Most of the white guys I know are educated and doing good for themselves. They want to find someone similar to themselves. A large percentage of black girls compared to other races/ethnicities are uneducated. In addition to this, many white guys will not put up with the loud, obnoxious behavior that a lot (not all) of black girls have.

I would date black girls but I can't seem to find one that has these attributes: attractive, in shape, EDUCATED, and not annoying/loud/obnoxious/attitude. These attributes together as a whole are much more easy to find in white girls. There are black girls that have all of the above attributes but there's just not a lot of them around.

The only black girls I have dated have been Brazilian girls.
You have seriously failed at promoting the beauty of African American females as a whole. Furthermore, your perspective of African American women is narrow and offensive. And maybe a lot of men share your perspective. I hope not. Your attitude certainly does give credence to how I feel about the matter. I have always observed Caucasian men's interest in African American women. The problem is they do not place the same value on African American women as they do on Caucasian women. And maybe "slave-master" mentality does have something to do with it. However, that needs to change because African American women have always been beautiful and talented with a lot to offer any man on any color. I guess you have not seen it that way exactly. According to you African American females are typically not educated or in good shape; nor have class or good manners , but most Caucasian women do. The African American female has to rise to a certain level to be even worth the consideration of dating, but all the Caucasian female has to do is be white... Do you see how your dual standard is rooted and grounded in a backward, non-progressive and narrow mind set? I hope there are more enlighten Caucasian men than you out there. Then maybe African American women will have equal dating opportunities too. Good luck in your dating pursuits.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
I haven't looked at a single response in this thread, I'm only stopping to say:

THIS one is. This one doesn't give a tinker's damn about color or nationality.

White, black, red, yellow and all variations on a theme. I'm even including green and blue based on science fiction. My chief concern is that we be biologically compatible and capable of holding discussions which either do or do not involve bat'Leth, I'm open either way.

And if you GOT that reference, you're one step closer, my dear!

Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
I can only speak for myself, but I like white boys. As long as you're a guy & we have things in common, that's all that matters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.