Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:06 PM

28 posts, read 47,864 times

Advertisements

So recently, I moved to New York to try to achieve my goal of working in the meterology field. I love extreme weather. It's been really tough because I'm from a really poor family from just north of Philly. At one point in Philly I worked for a resturant for almost a year to make some money to get to New York. But I got to New York City last year and along the way I met this girl once in a cafe. (it was the second day I was there) It all happened when she accidentally dropped something at the door and I picked it up for her. She thanked me and all of a sudden we just started talking and it was fun. Then, out of the blue she asks me for her number. I then tell her I don't have a number, (at the time, I didn't have really anywhere to stay.) I had no choice to tell her I was homeless and then she unexpectedly offered to let me live at her place for awhile until I could find somewhere to stay. I accepted it. Soon after that I got into college, found a place and my life turned around a little bit. But enough of my life, let's talk about her. She is a pretty successful print model and makes a decent amount of money. Which isn't suprising because she is the most beautiful girl I think I've ever seen. She has gorgeous long blonde hair, striking blue eyes, flawless skin, killer body, nice legs, great taste of style....she looks like a supermodel. She's not just a pretty face, but she is the nicest, sweetest, most generous girl I've ever met. She acts with such class. She makes me laugh at times. She can sometimes be goofy but in a laid back, mellow kind of way. And she's also really smart too. Maybe the smartest girl I've ever met. And to top it off, she's from a rich family in California. Every guy that knows her wants her. Every girl that knows her wants to be her. People sometimes say to her that she could be a supermodel. She even has modeled in places like London. But let's get to the point. I think I'm in love with her. I come over to her place every once in a while and cook together sometimes and it's awesome. We're both the same age (20) and she seems to like me alot. Every time we talk I feel I'm talking to the queen of england or something. I want her so bad. I want to tell her my true feelings about her soon. I love her so much. Sometimes I look at her modeling photos and think to myself 'I can't believe I know this girl'. I will admit I am really attracted to her and having sex with her would be really fun.(never did it with her or anyone before) But I love her for so much more than her looks and her money. I would never treat her like an object. I wouldn't leech off of her and her family. I would work. I would love to marry her, have kids with her, be with her for the rest of my life. Growing up as a child there was so much hate in my family and I was so lonely. I would cry myself to sleep alot. My parents hated each other so much but didn't get divorced because they didn't have the money. I'm so sick of hate, I've had so much hate and angst in my life. Having this girl in my life is so refreshing, she brings nothing but joy. And she's the only woman I trust that could be a really great mom. I can tell that she's not the type that would yell at her kids. She would be an awesome mom. It would be great to experience having a normal family with her, something I didn't have when I was a kid. This past year with her has been the best year of my life. She said she likes me, and respects me, and has said to me that I am an incredible man. But for some reason I get the feeling that she wants to be friends. It's really confusing how she asks me for her number when we first met, yet sometimes she travels to places while modeling and might not have the time to have a relationship/family. And my job is kinda the same, I was in the phillipines last month surveying hurricane damage for a report in college. And lot of guys stare at her/hit on her and sometimes it drives me nuts. Should I tell her my feelings for her? Or do something else? I'm kinda stressed out here. She is the most important person to me in the world. She's all I think about besides what the weather is like around the country. I really believe that the two of us could be awesome parents.

Oh yeah sorry if this got a little too personal. I just wanted this post to make sense. And sorry if this was too long...or TL;DR (too long didn't read)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Tell her how you feel, but don't be so overbearing that you scare her off.

You are too young to be parents, concentrate on finishing your education and be careful not to become her stalker (your post indicates the possibility of this to me).

Last edited by lovesMountains; 11-13-2009 at 07:20 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 07:18 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,033,133 times
First, get ahold of yourself and your emotions!! Letting them run wild and crazy is only detrimental because you're wearing what I like to call "emotion glasses" and everything you see and feel is rosy, intense, and passionate. "Emotion glasses" make your logic and common sense go on vacation.

Second, don't let this girl determine or control your happiness. In fact, don't let any other human being hold that power. YOU and you alone should have that because humans are humans and we tend to disappoint people quite a lot.

Third, make some romantic advances on her. Trust me. You'll quickly find out if she likes you or not. Obviously, she likes you as a friend, but if you want more than that - which you obviously do - you have to bring in the romance.

Fourth, please don't come on as strong to her as you did in the post. That would freak almost any girl out.

GOOD LUCK! Be positive!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:41 AM

In response to the first post, I don't wanna have kids now. For now I want a relationship. I would have kids in the future. And I'm not stalking her.

And to the second post, she doesn't control me one bit. She actually told me she hates people that control others. But, thanks for the advice.

Last edited by bergone; 11-14-2009 at 09:55 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 09:26 AM

85 posts, read 227,262 times
Could you try to use some paragraphs next time? It's really hard to read...

Make moves on her instead of spending too much time wondering if she just wants to be friends or more than that. If the former is the case, take it as a no and cut off all contact with her and ask someone else out.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn_habs View Post
Could you try to use some paragraphs next time? It's really hard to read...

Make moves on her instead of spending too much time wondering if she just wants to be friends or more than that. If the former is the case, take it as a no and cut off all contact with her and ask someone else out.
I didn't use paragraphs because I thought it would be even more confusing, IMO.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:54 AM

BTW I can't imagine life without her since I met her.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:08 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,033,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergone View Post
BTW I can't imagine life without her since I met her.
Like I said. . . you are obsessed with this girl. Your whole post screams obsession. If you were actually romantically involved with this girl, my opinion might differ - but you're not, at least not now.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:09 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,916 times
IMO, you are OBSSESSED. Borderline stalker. You have said more about her appearance than anything else. You're not just a red flag, but a bright red steady blinking light.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:18 PM

9,313 posts, read 14,925,976 times
He's 20 and in love- of course he's obsessed.

Just keep seeing her and being her friend. Let the relationship develop naturally. At some point, you'll want to tell her that you like her in a serious long term way- and then see how she reacts. When she answers, listen to her carefully and believe her! She'll let you know. You've both got plenty of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships