Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 07:09 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times

Advertisements

As has been stated in other threads, one does not have to be a doormat to be a nice guy. I will probably always try to be a nice guy, but I stopped being a doormat a long time ago. But I also won't pretend to be a "bad" guy just to get laid. I don't want to be with the kind of girls who go for bad guys anyway, especially not at my age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 07:15 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
People who have to think about being nice are not nice.
People who have to think about being honest are not honest.
..Would you buy a car from "Honest Abe Car Sales?" I wouldn't.

Don't be "nice" be yourself--you will gat laid a lot more!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:24 PM

233 posts, read 744,172 times
I could care less that other guys are "nice", I just live my life. Let the nice guys be nice its their life.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:10 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
"I'm such a nice guy, why don't women like me?" For the love of Christ, let's settle this now by doing a serious examination of what women want. How do you find out what women want? By examining what they do and what they respond to (not what they say).

The things that I find women responding to repeatedly are men who manage to worm their way into or create a group and to offer something that the group likes and respects. This will engender respect, status, and novelty and this is what women really notice, appreciate, and get turned on by.

What you "nice guys" consider as being nice is probably a toxic mix of being passive aggressive, boring, submissive, and clingy. Women smell this stuff like a dog smells fear.

For once in your ****ing life, look at guys who get laid a lot. Examine what they are doing. These guys who get women are sometimes jerks and sometimes really polite....but what do they have in common? They make things happen and they make things fun. And, you quite clearly do not. Notice the difference? Instead of whining about this **** how's about you emulate the guys who are finding success?
Why can't nice guys get laid? Because of dumb*** advice like this. For the life of me I haven't figured out why dumb*** guys give advice on how to get laid. You really want to get laid, know & date women? Get to know women. You wouldn't ask a deer hunter the best way to catch fish now would you?
There is also confusion between a nice guy and a weak one. And nice doesn't necessarily equate to weak and if the women you seek confuse that then they deserve Mr. Jerk.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi dramamama6685,

That is not a description of a "nice guy" ergo, when walking away, would one have the impression that he is a nice guy or rather witty or hot?

I'd rather have a "cute girl" than a "hot girl".

Old 12-21-2009, 02:59 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
My friend said this. He can't get a gf because he's a 'nice guy,' and that's not what girls want.

Buddy, you're fat, ugly, and boring. That's why you have no gf. People are so clueless sometimes.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Why can't nice guys get laid? Because of dumb*** advice like this. For the life of me I haven't figured out why dumb*** guys give advice on how to get laid. You really want to get laid, know & date women? Get to know women. You wouldn't ask a deer hunter the best way to catch fish now would you?
There is also confusion between a nice guy and a weak one. And nice doesn't necessarily equate to weak and if the women you seek confuse that then they deserve Mr. Jerk.
Well said.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:36 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You really want to get laid, know & date women? Get to know women. You wouldn't ask a deer hunter the best way to catch fish now would you?
Wrong. If you want to get women, learn from men who in fact get women. Following your analogy.. you ask the successful deer hunter how to hunt deer, not the deer itself. (deer don't hunt each other, duh!)

Old 12-22-2009, 06:44 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Well, I used to be one, but have been married for 10 years now so I'm probably "tainted"..

Anyway, I was visiting a friend and he had a bunch of people over and I was talking to this guy who was spilling his girl problems out on me and mentioned how "nice" he was and all the things he offered to do for her and how he would "take care" of her and so on and so forth and listening to him, it finally clicked for me....

The guy sounded wimpy, possessive and creepy all rolled into one. The things he was saying sounded nice in principle, but listening to them from an outside perspective if I were a woman I'd have run SCREAMING from this dude.....

Geez, no wonder I didn't get too many dates in High School....

Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Wrong. If you want to get women, learn from men who in fact get women. Following your analogy.. you ask the successful deer hunter how to hunt deer, not the deer itself. (deer don't hunt each other, duh!)
...bunk....if you want to meet someone: 1) make sure you are well groomed, 2) don't be fat and dirty, 3) be yourself--that is, don't try to "please" someone--that fakeness is a turn off, 4) Make sure you can pay your own bills--that you are proud of your career--whatever it is. 5) decide to just have fun.

Forget the "nice guy" crap. Forget the "romantic" crap. If you feel "romantic" and want to buy her flowers or something--great--she will like them---but be YOU (genuine) first.

There is no real "skill" to this--just be yourself, be honest, be clean, be employed. People have been meeting for hundreds of thousands of years--so don't feel that you gotta do this or that; you gotta drive this or that; you gotta wear your hair such and such...none of that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships