Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh get a room you two
What? I'm hungry and it's almost dinner time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 12:17 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I believe in keeping fit for health reasons,but I have to ask what would happen through no fault of her own your wife gained 100lbs?In a marriage aren't we supposed to have a higher commitment level than just physical attraction?I love men with thick hair which my husband had when we first married,he is now has a big bald spot.Do I find that less attractive then when he had a full head of hair?Of course but would I let that be a reason to "drift apart"?How shallow would that be?
What possible situation would cause a person to gain 100lbs through no fault of their own and then not be able to take it off again?

Also: My wife is 5'4" and 125-130lbs, another 100lbs would be extreme on her frame.

Yes, we're married, but no to me that doesn't mean an increased level of commitment, when I chose to enter into a relationship with someone, I do so with the intent of being in it permanently, and I'm fully committed to that, that said, I never said that weight gain due to decease pregnancy etc is reason for immediate break ups, but it seems obvious to me that (especially severe) permanent weight gain can cause distance in a relationship, much like if someones personality change a lot.

I think it's foolish and maybe even immature (naive) to think or say that looks don't matter at all, no one gets turned on by good intentions alone.

For me (and my wife for that matter) it's relatively simple; I'm not attracted to fat people, neither is she, if either one of us started gaining weight it would cause a reduction in attraction as as a result a reduction or stop in sexual activity, that would in time cause a distance and possibly a breakup. Neither one of us then, has a problem with the other part saying "Hey, you're starting to gain a bit, you should eat less/more healthy or do more", she's said that to me in the past and I don't see anything wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong with expecting something from other people.

But really, more than anything, I'm curious as to how someone would put on 100lbs through no fault of their own and not have the ability to get it off again.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
What possible situation would cause a person to gain 100lbs through no fault of their own and then not be able to take it off again?

Also: My wife is 5'4" and 125-130lbs, another 100lbs would be extreme on her frame.

Yes, we're married, but no to me that doesn't mean an increased level of commitment, when I chose to enter into a relationship with someone, I do so with the intent of being in it permanently, and I'm fully committed to that, that said, I never said that weight gain due to decease pregnancy etc is reason for immediate break ups, but it seems obvious to me that (especially severe) permanent weight gain can cause distance in a relationship, much like if someones personality change a lot.

I think it's foolish and maybe even immature (naive) to think or say that looks don't matter at all, no one gets turned on by good intentions alone.

For me (and my wife for that matter) it's relatively simple; I'm not attracted to fat people, neither is she, if either one of us started gaining weight it would cause a reduction in attraction as as a result a reduction or stop in sexual activity, that would in time cause a distance and possibly a breakup. Neither one of us then, has a problem with the other part saying "Hey, you're starting to gain a bit, you should eat less/more healthy or do more", she's said that to me in the past and I don't see anything wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong with expecting something from other people.

But really, more than anything, I'm curious as to how someone would put on 100lbs through no fault of their own and not have the ability to get it off again.
Thyroid diease ,steroids,cortisone some antidepressants to name a few! Of course being attracted to your partner matters I just want a partner that is in 100% and if heaven forbid I lost a body part or became bed ridden due to illness that they still would be there for me!!
I remember my sister-in-law worrying about weight gain during her pregnancy,scared that if she gained too much my BIL would be turned off to her.Then she had a scare that the baby might have Downes Syndrome and she stated that my BIL would never accept a less then perfect child!The baby was born perfect and they later divorced!Physical looks are always going to change but hopefully the beauty that comes from inside that attracted you in the first place remains!Besides I think when my husband looks at me he sees me as the 17yr old girl he fell in love with not the 40+woman I am! But for my own health I watch my diet and exercise not that I feel required to like my ex-sister-in-law!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default Is it possible some men are attracted to obese/large-framed woman?

I heard of a guy who made chastity belts. When interviewed, he mentioned that the largest he sold had a 58 inch waist!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM

973 posts, read 1,704,674 times
Quote:
Thyroid diease ,steroids,cortisone some antidepressants to name a few! Of course being attracted to your partner matters I just want a partner that is in 100% and if heaven forbid I lost a body part or became bed ridden due to illness that they still would be there for me!!
I remember my sister-in-law worrying about weight gain during her pregnancy,scared that if she gained too much my BIL would be turned off to her.Then she had a scare that the baby might have Downes Syndrome and she stated that my BIL would never accept a less then perfect child!The baby was born perfect and they later divorced!Physical looks are always going to change but hopefully the beauty that comes from inside that attracted you in the first place remains!Besides I think when my husband looks at me he sees me as the 17yr old girl he fell in love with not the 40+woman I am! But for my own health I watch my diet and exercise not that I feel required to like my ex-sister-in-law!

This is true as to what can make us gain some weight, but over 100 pounds, I am not too sure as that is a whole other person! BUT too, this senario is also different, as the person was already in love with the woman before it happened, so a bond has already been made.

BUT to just be "attracted" to morbidly obese women and purposefully seek those out is what I thought the OP meant... and personally, what I do not get.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Theres lots of men that are attracted to big woman or in my case I don't differentiate between average to large woman as long as they are proportionate and have other things going for them. Not talking about someone so large it is unhealthy since being healthy is a point of attraction too.

Society in many respects tells us that is is ok for us to discriminate against people, especially woman over some ideal weight but it is not ok to discriminate against race or ethnic group.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Theres lots of men that are attracted to big woman or in my case I don't differentiate between average to large woman as long as they are proportionate and have other things going for them.
If I were a man, I'd much rather take her

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...06/ella460.jpg

over her! If the one below thinks she looks good, something's wrong with her!

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:45 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
...I don't see how your anecdote applies to anything but that that one particular and evidently bad relationship.

I've never heard of anyone who's gained the equivalent of their own bodyweight due to any of those conditions and certainly not anti depressants. In any case, it's not something you simply have to succumb to and can't do anything about, but let me clarify then: Weight gain due to an excessive intake of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Theres lots of men that are attracted to big woman or in my case I don't differentiate between average to large woman as long as they are proportionate and have other things going for them. Not talking about someone so large it is unhealthy since being healthy is a point of attraction too.

Society in many respects tells us that is is ok for us to discriminate against people, especially woman over some ideal weight but it is not ok to discriminate against race or ethnic group.
Because you can control your weight, not your skin color.

Like I mentioned earlier, if someone is perfectly happy being obese, then by all means, they have every right to stay that way, but don't try and legitimize being grossly overweight or obese, there is nothing to legitimize, they just eat too much and don't move around enough.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If I were a man, I'd much rather take her

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...06/ella460.jpg

over her! If the one below thinks she looks good, something's wrong with her!

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/image...an-female2.jpg
Why?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Why?
I personally see a dress hanging on an assembly of bones. You may see something different...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships