Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Would you be interested in dating the smartest person in the room?
She'd be the first one I talked to.

I personally find the ignorant ones the most intimidating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Yes, but if she dated me that would prove she's not the smartest woman in the room.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:02 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
A woman at work is just brilliant. She has all the smarts in the world. A super high IQ, academic qualifications (top of her class at a Ivy League School), lots of common sense, incredible knowledge about a wide variety of things and great life skills. She is just so smart and talented.

Yes she has great social skills also and is good looking. But because she is so smart and loves to continue to challenge her mind with intellectual thoughts-- few men seem interested.

Because of her genius she has little in common with the average person. She does not go around and tell everyone how smart she is, but you can tell she is one in a thousand.

Would a woman like that scare you or intimidate you? Would you be interested in dating the smartest person in the room?
I would be very interested. I respect smarts in people, whether in common sense terms or in academics.

it would also mean somebody interested in things beyond celebrity gossip.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:09 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,148 times
Quote:
A woman at work is just brilliant. She has all the smarts in the world. A super high IQ, academic qualifications (top of her class at a Ivy League School), lots of common sense, incredible knowledge about a wide variety of things and great life skills. She is just so smart and talented.

Yes she has great social skills also and is good looking. But because she is so smart and loves to continue to challenge her mind with intellectual thoughts-- few men seem interested.

Because of her genius she has little in common with the average person. She does not go around and tell everyone how smart she is, but you can tell she is one in a thousand.

Would a woman like that scare you or intimidate you? Would you be interested in dating the smartest person in the room?
I married the smartest woman in the room (Doctorate, residency, fellowship in medicine, etc.), and after 32 years have no regrets. She is also smart enough to say that I am smarter than she is. LOL

Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranded and lonely View Post
a woman at work is just brilliant. She has all the smarts in the world. A super high iq, academic qualifications (top of her class at a ivy league school), lots of common sense, incredible knowledge about a wide variety of things and great life skills. She is just so smart and talented.

i would be in bliss!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 03:58 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
She'd be the first one I talked to.
+1 I'm not exactly a genius, but I get along much better with people who are interested in expanding their horizons than those who are mainly interested in what Paris Hilton is up to or what happened on last night's episode of CSI Bowling Green or whatever it is now. If I ever met a woman like this in my town I'd probably weep for joy, because she'd be the first one I'd ever seen.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:10 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:

I don't mind it. In fact, I've dated some very intelligent women over the years. I look at the whole picture though and not just her brains. The ones that I've dated seemed to like me for a refreshing change from what they normally dated. They all ended up going elsewhere in the country to college and relocated for jobs though.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:23 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
per OP
if i have a reasonable fear that she will attempt to manipulate and control me if i get close, why would i pick the smartest woman in the room?
how bout instead i pick the best human being in the room? her looks or smarts would be far less important and far less relevant to the outcome.
Wow. So if I pick the smartest man in the room to date, should I fear that he will try to manipulate and control me?

I would always pick the smartest man over the nicest man to date. Because from my own personal experience, eventually the nicest man will bore me to tears in about three years hence... and I have no desire to break any more hearts in my lifetime. So far, I've broken three hearts.

Very fortunately for me, my boyfriend wasn't afraid to date the smartest woman in his acquaintance.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:00 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Absolutley not.

It has nothing to do with scared or anything like that, I simply am not a fan of intellectuals.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:03 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
+1 I'm not exactly a genius, but I get along much better with people who are interested in expanding their horizons than those who are mainly interested in what Paris Hilton is up to or what happened on last night's episode of CSI Bowling Green or whatever it is now. If I ever met a woman like this in my town I'd probably weep for joy, because she'd be the first one I'd ever seen.
Are you near Vanderbilt? There's some smart women there. Guess I don't know your age though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships