Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,638,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
THE O.P. SAID:

He is who I am answering. I am answering the above question. How hard can that be for anyone to ascertain? If you don't like my answer, too bad.

Go find a 400-lb. man or something to reject, shoo-fly.
OP said "a lot of women," - where do you grasp him intending ALL?

Something to reject? Are you making fun of my thinness? Because you are actually implying that I am in a state to do so with that snide remark.

So perhaps you want this to come down to thin VS heavy/woman VS woman.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 12-23-2009 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 04:40 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,242,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
OP said "a lot of women," - where do you grasp him intending ALL?

Something to reject? Are you making fun of my thinness? Because you are actually implying that I am in a state to do so with that snide remark.

So perhaps you want this to come down to thin VS heavy/woman VS woman.
Where did I say "ALL" in my post? I also meant a lot, not all.

No, anybody can reject a 400-lb. man, be they fat or thin, so don't take it as I am "imagining" you as thin = superior.

Not thin vs heavy!

I say it's not the fat on their body that keeps women from getting married but often the fat between their ears!

Stay classy, "shoo fly"!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 12-23-2009 at 03:14 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,578,914 times
My brother is very fit and attractive. He just got engaged to his 5ft 5 girlfriend who is 265 lbs. He isn't a "chubby chaser" or someone who prefers heavier women. She is the only heavy woman he has ever dated and he is RICH. He fell in love with her as a person and not a "type". Weight has nothing to do with it.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
There is definately a double standard in society....women are made to feel "less than" when they are over weight and it affects their self esteem greatly.....I've noticed that a lot of very overweight, unattractive men have NO issues with self esteem, and will hit on women that are way out of their league. Men will walk on the beach with their hairy backs, their Speedos, and not think twice about it.
How is it a double standard for individual peoples self esteem?

If u let society ruin your self esteem you have more issues then just physically..

Its not like fat men are a hot commodity either by the media or society,if theyre happy with themslves maybe they actually dont give a damn what society thinks and think for themselves

Old 12-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
My brother is very fit and attractive. He just got engaged to his 5ft 5 girlfriend who is 265 lbs. He isn't a "chubby chaser" or someone who prefers heavier women. She is the only heavy woman he has ever dated and he is RICH. He fell in love with her as a person and not a "type". Weight has nothing to do with it.
Prepare to be bashed and called a liar for disclosing this because some people on here apparently think we all must toe the party line that fat women generally don't get dates and the only reason there are married fat women is because they blew up AFTER they were married a few years ...

Old 12-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Prepare to be bashed and called a liar for disclosing this because some people on here apparently think we all must toe the party line that fat women generally don't get dates and the only reason there are married fat women is because they blew up AFTER they were married a few years ...
That's ridiculous. People on here are so dillusional and shallow.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:45 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,074,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
How is it a double standard for individual peoples self esteem?

If u let society ruin your self esteem you have more issues then just physically..

Its not like fat men are a hot commodity either by the media or society,if theyre happy with themslves maybe they actually dont give a damn what society thinks and think for themselves
I'm talking about how SOCIETY veiws overweight men VS overweight women.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
This is what happens when people rely on online dating where they get to pick and choose according to what they think is their "type." In real life, you meet people of all shapes and sizes at work, through friends, at social events,etc. You spend time with them, laugh with them, talk with, them, flirt with them, and build a relationship. With online dating you walk in, say "I didn't ask for a fat chick/guy" and walk out the door.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
There is definately a double standard in society....women are made to feel "less than" when they are over weight and it affects their self esteem greatly.....I've noticed that a lot of very overweight, unattractive men have NO issues with self esteem, and will hit on women that are way out of their league. Men will walk on the beach with their hairy backs, their Speedos, and not think twice about it.
How true.

Remember that series of TV commercials where there were "regular guys" whining to each other, "Does this make my butt look big???"

It was hysterical seeing guys do what women do everyday in all seriousness. Mainly because even good looking in shape women are conditioned to be insecure about their looks.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:51 PM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,798 times
Quote:
I'm talking about how SOCIETY veiws overweight men VS overweight women.
How does society view overweight Men?

Its not all that great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.