Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 AM

622 posts, read 1,278,797 times

Advertisements

Ok I know the age difference topic has been beatin to death. But here it goes anyway. I have met someone. And we have both unintentionally fallen hard. Really hard. We do have an age difference. Its only 8.5 years. Ill be 32 in Feb. and she just turned 40.

We are both divorced. She has a 9 yo son and a 5 yo daughter. I have an 8 yo son and a 3 yo daughter. And it looks like if things keep going the way they are it could turn serious.

I dont know why the age difference is somewhat of a worry for me. I dont know why. Im a young looking 32. My last "girlfriend" was 21. That was a waste of time by the way. I actually enjoy her being older and mature. Its such a nice change. She is so easy to be with. We dont play games. We are honest. We just talk about things. Shes not a lunatic like all the younger girls Ive dated. Its great.

I cant figure out why I overthink it. Obviously she doesnt have a 21 yo body. But she takes care of herself and shes a beautiful woman. Maybe I just need some total strangers to tell me to stop overthinking and go with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM

865 posts, read 2,429,414 times
You ARE overthinking it. You really aren't THAT far apart in age, and as you get older, it will seem like less. As long as you 2 don't want more kids together (since that may not be possible anymore for her, or at least, difficult), then I don't see why you are so hung up about how old she is.

If she's a good woman, and she loves you, and you love her......then who cares? It's hard enough to find the right person, let alone let a few yrs keep you apart. I say go for it!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:06 AM

964 posts, read 3,157,135 times
I'm not really experienced with dating and all, but lately I've been having more success in attracting an older woman's attention than a younger woman. One who liked me was about 33 I believe. I'm currently pursuing one who's 31 now. I liked the fact that they're more mature than a younger girl at times.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:17 AM

Well she can have kids. And Im thinking of getting a visectomy in feb. But thank you. I think you are right.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:23 AM

Well Ive "dated" a couple of older women in the past. But because Im young looking I still attract woman that are very young. I get hit on by high school girls. lol... they think Im 27 or so. But I am getting older and feel like I have finally grown up. Im ready for commmitted, honest, mature, drama free relationships now. No more party girls. I also really respect this girl. Shes a great mom. We share the some religous, political and moral beliefs. And she really appreciates the things I do for her. Her ex was pretty worthless. He was a lil younger than her too and she played mom to him becuase he was a manboy. She cant believe I fix her car and open the door for her etc. She really appreciates that and I honeslty believe that shee truely cares for me.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 AM

429 posts, read 1,147,317 times
I agree with everyone else, eight years is nothing. And it's going to seem like even less as the years go by. Congrats on finding someone so right for you. By the way, a woman who still looks good at 40 is likely to stay attractive because she's developed good habits along the way.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:26 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,580,373 times
What are your concerns? It sounds like there is no problem here at all. And don't worry about what other people think if that's your concern. Besides 8 years is nothing.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,587,532 times
I don't think that's a huge difference in age. My philosophy on relationships with larger age gaps is that they can and do work out just fine IF both people are at the same "place" in their lives. Most often one of the biggest issues can be having children...maybe the older person has been there, done that and the younger one still wants to have children. But in your case, you both have that already. If you're compatible and happy and at the same place in your lives, it's certainly worth seeing where it goes.

Try not to worry about the age gap so much and concentrate on enjoying the relationship

Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 AM

964 posts, read 3,157,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
I agree with everyone else, eight years is nothing. And it's going to seem like even less as the years go by. Congrats on finding someone so right for you. By the way, a woman who still looks good at 40 is likely to stay attractive because she's developed good habits along the way.
Agreed >_> I umm, sort of had a crush on a 40 year old mom in my CJ class. She was really nice looking.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
What are your concerns? It sounds like there is no problem here at all. And don't worry about what other people think if that's your concern. Besides 8 years is nothing.
I think Im being a lil self concious. Like people see us as mismatched. Not that Im one to care. She does Pilates. Works out. I mean she has a few lines. lol.. You can tell shes a lil older. But she dresses nice and looks nice. I have had a few people say " well what about when shes 50 and your 42? She will look 50 you know?" I think part of it is that in the past I have dated these young lil hard bodies. Eye candy types that run three miles a day and are 21 or 26. So people type me with these girls. I workout and have no problem with women. That sounded totally arrogant but it wasnt meant that way I promise lol. I could care less about that stuff. But maybe to a point it is what other people think. And I dont like feeling that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships