Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:55 PM

39 posts, read 115,807 times

Advertisements

Hey, I wanted to ask everyone's opinion about something.
So far, my track record with guys have been this: Meet a guy, like him, and either we have one date, and that's it, or we talk for awhile online and then he suddenly stops emailing me back. Or this recent guy I had two dates with, they seemed to go alright, and then that's the last I hear from him. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I mean, I don't have much dating experience, but I've just been myself and there's no 'incident' I can tell you happened to make these guys suddenly go out of the picture. Sure, I can just say those guys I went out with weren't into me and that's that. But with this last guy, he had said he really liked me, and then all of a sudden, nothing? I'm sure I just have to face the facts that it just didn't work out. And it's not like I'm heartbroken over it, because he wasn't that exciting or anything anyway; it's just disappointing. But this has been my pattern. I like a guy, or I think I might start to like him, and then he's out of the picture. So what do you guys think? Is it them or me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
Don't sweat it those guys weren't for you. You'll know when the right one comes along

Old 12-23-2009, 03:05 PM

39 posts, read 115,807 times
That's true CTR36, thanks. I just think it's weird that if you meet someone, and seem to like them, and then they're just out of your life. For me, when I meet someone, even if we don't click on the romance side, doesn't mean we can't be friends. And it's weird to me that, for me so far, none of the guys I've met have wanted that. You'd think they want to at least be friends, you know?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:08 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Keep trying, but if they all do this, something may not be right for them.

What do you talk about when you meet?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:28 PM

295 posts, read 837,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandRach2 View Post
That's true CTR36, thanks. I just think it's weird that if you meet someone, and seem to like them, and then they're just out of your life. For me, when I meet someone, even if we don't click on the romance side, doesn't mean we can't be friends. And it's weird to me that, for me so far, none of the guys I've met have wanted that. You'd think they want to at least be friends, you know?

Uh...no. If a man is going on a date with you, then he's sizing you up as a potential mate - that's it. If you don't meet his expectations, then what's the point of having you around?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:29 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Lots of missing details, could be either or both parties.
Are you needy, clingy, overbearing, self centered, boorish?
Are they under the impression that you put out easily, or are they thinking you should put out?

Old 12-23-2009, 06:43 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
It could be an either/or thing.

I think if there is a pattern in life, in anything, something must cause it. Everything happens for a reason.

The either/or is that you may subconsciously be attracting jerks, or subconsciously going for jerks.

When you go for a guy, do you have a type? What kind of signs do you show, if you're interested in somebody?

Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
So far, my track record with guys have been this: Meet a guy, like him, and either we have one date, and that's it, or we talk for awhile online and then he suddenly stops emailing me back. Or this recent guy I had two dates with, they seemed to go alright, and then that's the last I hear from him. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I mean, I don't have much dating experience, but I've just been myself and there's no 'incident' I can tell you happened to make these guys suddenly go out of the picture. Sure, I can just say those guys I went out with weren't into me and that's that. But with this last guy, he had said he really liked me, and then all of a sudden, nothing? I'm sure I just have to face the facts that it just didn't work out. And it's not like I'm heartbroken over it, because he wasn't that exciting or anything anyway; it's just disappointing. But this has been my pattern. I like a guy, or I think I might start to like him, and then he's out of the picture. So what do you guys think? Is it them or me?
Watch what a man DOES, not what he says...

Old 12-23-2009, 07:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
You have standards/requirements that no man has yet to match and/or vice versa. No problem. I say keep looking - you will find him and he will find you.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:38 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Let me ask this - were you strictly trying to get to know the guy and it was absolutely nothing sexual, regardless of how many times you met them or spoke with them?

I ask this because you need to keep in mind a vast majority of guys doing this online dating **** either A) have a GF and are looking for a piece of ass B) are single and are looking for a piece of ass C) have a hard time meeting girls in person and probably have not had many successful relationships period (you want in on that?)

Sorry to sound like a dick, but I'm guessing either you have some sort of peronality conflict with men, or the individuals you've been involved with were looking for a piece of ass you weren't willing to hand out.

(I know absolutely NO guys who venture into online dating without a preconceived notion of getting laid)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships