Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times

Advertisements

You like her.

She likes him.

There's really nothing you can do to change this. It's a horrible fact of life that loving someone does not make them love you.

Here's the good news: She's not the only girl you'll ever feel something for.

If you feel that you cannot handle simply being friends with her, then you're right - you should distance yourself from her. Time does amazing things to hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 10:29 AM

138 posts, read 285,432 times
Go find her BFF !!

Old 12-25-2009, 10:37 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times
I wouldn't talk to her. Don't you have enough "friends"

Old 12-25-2009, 11:24 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder091 View Post
I think I'll distance myself from her as much as I can, but that will be hard because she's gonna be hanging out with my group of my friends, which is twice every weekend.
Yes, I think you need to distant yourself from this girl. Its just hurting you to try to pretend that you are just friends. I would tell her that you do not want anymore contact with her, and why. She should understand this, and if she doesn`t, then she is enjoying watching you hurt.
About hanging out with the same group of friends. I would avoid that scene as well. Maybe you could pull one or two of them away, and just hang out at home or elsewhere.

Hey.....if there is a will, there is a way! No excuses.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:25 PM

530 posts, read 780,015 times
I agree with the "friend zone" post! Distance is probably a good idea after all if you are always there for her to talk to you she may not realize she wants you around for more. Same circle of friends is tricky, say hi be polite then pretend she soesn't exist---girls hate that! If she is not for you that is too bad you seem like a nice guy and I am sure you will find someone else! just my opinion!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:00 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Another co-signer on the Friend Zone. Once you are there, you do not ever leave in her eyes. The first guy I ever put in the Friend Zone is still around to this day, 20+ years later. It's over for you. She will never be interested.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:20 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
holy crap you are the same age as my winter beater truck I must be getting old anyways your 18 and their will be alot of diffrent girls so I say just be friends and go find someone else to date and if being friends with her causes to much heart break just drop her no need of putting your self through hell and in the long run you wll be better off.

Last edited by GTOlover; 12-28-2009 at 12:46 AM..

Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder091 View Post
Hey everyone, it is my first post here and I've got a problem.

I'm in love with a girl who likes my best friend. She and I are closer than he and her are by far. Everyone thinks that her and I like each other, even my best friend (who supposedly likes her too). So her and I said we have to keep our friendship on the DL. So she said we might have to stop talking. I could not stand that she picked him over me. After all the fun we have and how close we are and how we tell each other everything... she picked him, who hasn't done jack ****. But she for some reason said it was dumb (after saying she wanted to) and so we started talking again..

But tonight it came up again. I told her that I had really strong feelings for her, but she chose him again. I could not bare that. I punched my pillow 8 times for the first in my life (18 yrs old).

So I told her all of that and she still wants to talk to me and thinks its dumb for us not. I dont think I can be her friend and like her at the same time so I need to stop talking to her to fix that, but she doesnt think so. Who is right here? I just want some objective opinions cause I don't know what to think right now, too mad.

...punch your pillow another 10 times and you'll have done it once for every year that you've been alive. Do it another 20 times and you might just go back in time.

Really, I can't see where punching a pillow helps, unless it's a pillow shaped like sponge-bob, then I'd beat the hell out of that thing as well.

Ok, seriously now.. let me tell you what's going on here. You have officially entered the "friend-zone". Actually, you did that a long time ago.

In other words, you've been having fun with her and all of that, but you've never stepped up and made your intentions known until it was too late. Now, whatever attraction she had for you - and I'm sure that she had some attraction for you, these things don't just happen - whatever she had is gone, and has been replaced with a feeling of security in the fact that she knows that you're always going to be after her, and she'll always have a "friend" to go back to. In addition to that, she may see you as a path that will lead her to your best friend.

So, at this point, there's absolutely nothing you can do. Nada. Zip. Ziltch. Whatever the hell that word means. Look bro, chicks come along every day of the week.. if she's not into you, move on and find another chick.

...and don't even start with all this crap about how there's no one else out there that's like her. Dude, at 18, hell, you'll get bored with her in a few months anyway. Trust me - been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

hell, what did I do with that t-shirt??

You get the point.. move on, man, and save yourself a hell of a lot of heartache.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
...punch your pillow another 10 times and you'll have done it once for every year that you've been alive. Do it another 20 times and you might just go back in time.

Really, I can't see where punching a pillow helps, unless it's a pillow shaped like sponge-bob, then I'd beat the hell out of that thing as well.

Ok, seriously now.. let me tell you what's going on here. You have officially entered the "friend-zone". Actually, you did that a long time ago.

In other words, you've been having fun with her and all of that, but you've never stepped up and made your intentions known until it was too late. Now, whatever attraction she had for you - and I'm sure that she had some attraction for you, these things don't just happen - whatever she had is gone, and has been replaced with a feeling of security in the fact that she knows that you're always going to be after her, and she'll always have a "friend" to go back to. In addition to that, she may see you as a path that will lead her to your best friend.

So, at this point, there's absolutely nothing you can do. Nada. Zip. Ziltch. Whatever the hell that word means. Look bro, chicks come along every day of the week.. if she's not into you, move on and find another chick.

...and don't even start with all this crap about how there's no one else out there that's like her. Dude, at 18, hell, you'll get bored with her in a few months anyway. Trust me - been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

hell, what did I do with that t-shirt??

You get the point.. move on, man, and save yourself a hell of a lot of heartache.
I think you had put it up on E-Bay Great post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships