Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 PM

593 posts, read 1,655,369 times

Advertisements

It's REALLY annoying. Do I have a sign on me that says therapist or some ****? For real, I always have someone asking me "do you have a girlfriend?" or something pertaining about my love life and here's the thing, I don't even talk about that **** to them. Somehow it seems to be a ****ing concern to them about my love life like they know me. Is that supposed to mean something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 11:30 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
double standard. women can ask but guys cant.
the fact that you get angry when they ask is part of information gathering for them.
learn to set boundaries w/o getting angry.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
double standard. women can ask but guys cant.
the fact that you get angry when they ask is part of information gathering for them.
learn to set boundaries w/o getting angry.

You see, it's not just women asking me. You have some dudes when we having a conversation about whatever asking me out of thin air.. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Like dayum, really man, why you care? And you know what's funny too, when you answer their question, they want to know what your girls name is, where she lives, how your relationships going, how much years you been with her, what you did with her on Valentine's Day and all this other ****? I've even had people going as far to know if I had sex or not. Really??? Like really, I should drop a book about my life to get some people off my back wanting to know about my business. I just lie to them to shut them up.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,183,429 times
Wish I had a Love Life anymore.

hillman

Old 12-24-2009, 11:34 PM

720 posts, read 1,405,083 times
People are nosey. I'd pull a Harper Valley PTA scene....

Old 12-24-2009, 11:41 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,362,967 times
Maybe they are just being curious, starting small talk, or are judging you. In our society, especially amongst younger guys, it is seen as standard to be on the hunt for women.

you're letting them control you if you let it get to you. Either tell the truth, say you're looking for somebody, or say you're not interested in dating for the time being.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:43 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,847,042 times
So, you gonna tell us if you're having ****ing sex or just come on here and complain ?

Old 12-24-2009, 11:43 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
You see, it's not just women asking me. You have some dudes when we having a conversation about whatever asking me out of thin air.. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Like dayum, really man, why you care? And you know what's funny too, when you answer their question, they want to know what your girls name is, where she lives, how your relationships going, how much years you been with her, what you did with her on Valentine's Day and all this other ****? I've even had people going as far to know if I had sex or not. Really??? Like really, I should drop a book about my life to get some people off my back wanting to know about my business. I just lie to them to shut them up.
the "dudes" have no class , be nice but let them know you dont wana talk about it. set some boundaries. find some better people to keep company, have a good new year.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So, you gonna tell us if you're having sex or just come on here and complain ?
No, I'm just raising a point. Since when did it become COOL to be up in other people's business especially if that person isn't mentioning their business like that to begin with.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:47 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,362,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
No, I'm just raising a point. Since when did it become COOL to be up in other people's business especially if that person isn't mentioning their business like that to begin with.
as has been stated people are nosy.

Learning diplomacy, or learning to shrug off inquiries, would be better than being vexed and irate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships