Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,034 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, 3166 posts in five months... that's an average of 21 posts a day... do you have an explanation for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 07:10 PM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
see post revision. btw you are wonderful, merry christmas.
Ah... Thank you, Huck, and Merry Christmas. Btw, I think you are wonderful, too. Thanks for the perspectives--always.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:12 PM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
Hey, Merry Christmas, all you wonderful people. Thanks for being there.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:18 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Thank you to the people who chimed in about my initial post on this thread. I reread my wordsmulitple times and could not for the life of me understand why someone would think it was a personal dig.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
humans are just very complex beings. some people find that other person they have a great connection with early on, some of us just end up taking longer. if you keep looking youll eventually find the right one. it all math/statisitcs/sciene or whatever.

im still single cuz im always drawn to crazy chicks. i do it over and over! yeah, sometimes ill get into a relationship with one, but it always explodes! lol....dont think too much of people in these types of relationships

Old 12-25-2009, 09:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
I am in a similar boat. I have had relationships and I would like to think of myself as a wonderful person even if I do not always live up to it.

Looking at myself impartially, I have to say specifically in my case it is due to a combination of worrying about relationship outcomes and lack of effort. To be honest while it might be nice to have a girlfriend and there are times I would really like to have someone special most of the time I do not mind being single and even question if it is worth the investment I would need to make in a relationship at this time. On top of that, I have a rather transient lifestyle which is may cause problems and while I have been fortunate enough not to have seriously dated a dysfunctional person I know many people who have and that possibility worries me. Now if an attractive woman approached me and asked me on a date that would be another story, but I doubt that would happen.

Merry Christmas and best of luck to you on whichever path you choose to pursue.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:09 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am in a similar boat. I have had relationships and I would like to think of myself as a wonderful person even if I do not always live up to it.

Looking at myself impartially, I have to say specifically in my case it is due to a combination of worrying about relationship outcomes and lack of effort. To be honest while it might be nice to have a girlfriend and there are times I would really like to have someone special most of the time I do not mind being single and even question if it is worth the investment I would need to make in a relationship at this time. On top of that, I have a rather transient lifestyle which is may cause problems and while I have been fortunate enough not to have seriously dated a dysfunctional person I know many people who have and that possibility worries me. Now if an attractive woman approached me and asked me on a date that would be another story, but I doubt that would happen.

Merry Christmas and best of luck to you on whichever path you choose to pursue.
Perhaps you should go ahead and approach that attractive woman and ask her out on a date.

BTW, Chapel Hill? Small world haha.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:11 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
I have two single women friends...both are BEAUTIFUL, funny and socially approachable. Both have better than decent jobs. Both are good and thoughtful friends.
But they are less than easy going. I think they make men feel like they have to "walk on eggshells".
I have another good friend who is about 30 pounds overweight and not the most polished person in the world...but she rarely lacks for male company.
I am not saying she doesn't ever get crabby, but she is just waaay more accepting of men. I think they feel comfortable around her.

Not directed at the OP, just contributing to the thread.

Also don't forget the cold hard facts of nature.
There are simply not enough hetero, non-incarcerated, healthy and intelligent men to go around.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:20 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Perhaps you should go ahead and approach that attractive woman and ask her out on a date.

BTW, Chapel Hill? Small world haha.
Thanks for the advice, I think you are correct that that is my central problem.

But then there is part two of the problem...inertia. It is a weird predicament when someone put forth the needed time and effort to gain admission to a tier one law school, but is too unmotivated and uncertain to date. Again I dated in college, but stopped messing with it around my senior year...I will have to ponder this.

Yup Chapel Hill. Are you from around here?

Old 12-25-2009, 10:27 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Perhaps, but then there is part two of the problem...inertia. It is a weird predicament when someone put for the needed time and effort to gain admission to a tier one law school, but is too unmotivated and uncertain to date. Again I dated in college, but stopped messing with it around my senior year...I will have to ponder this.

Yup Chapel Hill. Are you from around here?
Law school - you're currently residing in one of my possible futures lol. Tell me, is it as dank and solemn as some people have divulged to me? Seriously though, congrats.

I can see how one would be unmotivated and uncertain to date. A quick perusal at half of the threads in this forum is enough to make anyone run away into the embrace of a hermitic life. The dating world is kind of like a bunch of blind people running around and bumping into each other, then blaming the other person for bumping into them. Le sigh. Still, there is always light! Dating should be fun - and it is. Jump in the game, tiger! Ahh, was that a cheesy cheer lol? I'm in a peppy mood and it's bubbling over into my posts.

And let's just say that I attend a college in the Research Triangle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships